University wants everyone to use 'gender inclusive' pronouns...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Call me 'ze,' not 'he': University wants everyone to use 'gender inclusive' pronouns | Fox News

Rickey Hall, the vice chancellor for diversity and inclusion at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, said their quest for gender neutral pronouns is not an official university policy. “It’s not policy,” he said. “It’s about inclusive practice.”
    Hall told me the gender neutral pronouns were a way of “exposing our students (to an) increasingly diverse and global world.”

For all you folks who went to school back when there were only him and her – here’s a primer: some of the new gender neutral pronouns are ze, hir, zir, xe, xem and xyr.

"We should not assume someone’s gender by their appearance, nor by what is listed on a roster or in student information systems,” Braquet wrote. “Transgender people and people who do not identify within the gender binary may use a different name than their legal name and pronouns of their gender identity, rather than the pronouns of the sex they were assigned at birth.”

“You can always politely ask,” she wrote. “’Oh, nice to meet you (insert name). What pronouns should I use?’ is a perfectly fine question to ask.”

iWKad22.jpg

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    “You can always politely ask,” she wrote. “’Oh, nice to meet you (insert name). What pronouns should I use?’ is a perfectly fine question to ask.”

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhaahhaahaa.
    Now that's funny stuff right there.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.

Please refer to me as Attack Helicopter Lebowski. I identify as an attack helicopter. *spins in circle with arms held straight out*

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

"Your magnificence" when directly addressing me, and "his magnificence" when speaking of me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    And the pu**ification of America continues to move inexorably toward a wimpy, politically correct doom for us all. At least no one's feelings will be hurt when we're all afraid to say anything at all to anyone about anything for any reason.

Is "we" gender neutral? Is it on the approved list? Is it okay for me to ask? Is asking a question a micro-aggression? Is it a micro-aggression for me to not know the answer?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've seen the "hir" pronoun in online communities, specifically referring to virtual characters who are hermaphrodites (that is, both sets of parts, which leads one to wonder if such a character is the personification of the phrase, "Go f*** yourself.")
    Many have seen my uses of "s/he" when I want a slightly easier reference, but that's used in place of "he or she", as in "a gun owner should be able to buy whatever s/he wants to buy".
    This "ze", "xem", and "xyr" stuff, though... seriously, what are some of these people smoking, and how do they do it without burning the insides of their colons?

Blessings,
    Bill

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Remember that saying: what this generation tolerates, the next embraces. This is just part of the societal evolution many embrace. I wonder what will be next...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In an effort to be inclusive, I will, henceforth, refer to any yahoo advocating this nonsense as "a-hole"... A truly gender neutral term.

This kind of insanity has the potential to make buying plumbing fittings confusing and frustrating.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Bill of Rights;6037987[COLOR="#FF0000" said:
    ]I've seen the "hir" pronoun in online communities, specifically referring to virtual characters who are hermaphrodites (that is, both sets of parts,[/COLOR] which leads one to wonder if such a character is the personification of the phrase, "Go f*** yourself.")
    Many have seen my uses of "s/he" when I want a slightly easier reference, but that's used in place of "he or she", as in "a gun owner should be able to buy whatever s/he wants to buy".
    This "ze", "xem", and "xyr" stuff, though... seriously, what are some of these people smoking, and how do they do it without burning the insides of their colons?

Blessings,
    Bill

I'm really afraid to ask, but I have to ask, what online community are you on that people refer themselves that way ?

Top Bottom