• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2015
    New Carisle
    I'm not political but this struck a chord with me. In the aftermath of that horrific shooting in Oregon, POTUS pleaded to gun owners of America to support common sense gun laws. Later he says we can follow the examples of Australia and the UK. The UK and Australia have legal gun ownership, if you have the right political connections, but for the basic citizen forget it. He supports a monopoly on firearms by the government and the elite of society it would seem; very un-American in my opinion.

And what of us respectable gun owners? Do we support some actual common sense gun laws? I know I do; but backing the current POTUS efforts for his idea of common sense gun laws is like giving the fox the keys to the hen house. We all remember the ridiculous M855 ban consideration a few months ago, we all remember this administration's efforts to redefine gun violence from crime to a public health concern. All in the name of invasive gun control policies. Does he really think we will back him after that? Or that we do not notice his so-called firearms experts obviously do not have any formal firearms education.

Most gun owners are conservative politically. POTUS acts like he is president of the liberals only, so he burned all the bridges to the conservatives, and any chance he gets to put his thumb in the eye of conservative ideology, he does. Then he asks us to support him, after pretending or political ideology has no voice in "his" America? Well, I guess only when our voice can serve his agendas.

I can honestly say I'm irritated by him using these atrocities as a thin veneer to attempt to push his anti-second amendment agenda.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    From Obama's post-shooting speech:
    And, of course, what’s also routine is that somebody, somewhere will comment and say, Obama politicized this issue. Well, this is something we should politicize.

Someone, somewhere did say Obama politicized this issue. His name is Barack Obama.

He cited two countries that had actual gun confiscations as models to admire.

Politics as usual.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    At the bottom of all the gun control arguments is the difference between the managers and the managed. It's been this way in many countries and cultures through history. Sword control, spear control, crossbow control, firearms control, all the same motivation. American is a young and different country founded on different principles than the old world, east and west. There's a lot of meaning in the old words, God made man, Sam Colt made them equal, a meaning that fills the managers with both fear and loathing. Gun control will not solve society's problems unless strict control of society is the aim. Leadership has to get past the "us verses them" attitude.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    And what of us respectable gun owners? Do we support some actual common sense gun laws? I know I do; but backing the current POTUS efforts for his idea of common sense gun laws is like giving the fox the keys to the hen house. We all remember the ridiculous M855 ban consideration a few months ago, we all remember this administration's efforts to redefine gun violence from crime to a public health concern. All in the name of invasive gun control policies. Does he really think we will back him after that? Or that we do not notice his so-called firearms experts obviously do not have any formal firearms education.

I believe there should be zero gun laws.

What sort of "common sense" gun laws do you support?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    To the anti 2A liberals "common sense gun laws" are laws that lead to total disarmament of the American people. IMO anybody who doesn't recognize that is a fool.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2015
    New Carisle
    Removal of gun free zones, federal reciprocal CCWs, A no-nonsense record of transfer of all firearms, background checks on ALL firearms transfers, and armed security in our schools.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You said a mouthful right here:

...POTUS acts like he is president of the liberals only, so he burned all the bridges to the conservatives, and any chance he gets to put his thumb in the eye of conservative ideology, he does. Then he asks us to support him, after pretending or political ideology has no voice in "his" America? Well, I guess only when our voice can serve his agendas...

Calling us bitter clingers transformed 25% of Americans into "The Enemy." It's hard to get co-operation from The Enemy...which is why Mature leaders don't do things like that. I believe he just wants to take us out politically, and we're only getting this plea for co-operation now that he sees he can't politically beat us.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2015
    New Carisle
    The laws I support are aimed at creating accountability and responsibility of selling firearms in order to hamper the illegal arms trade (that is booming industry and we all know it); while expanding the liberties of respectable gun owners.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    The laws I support are aimed at creating accountability and responsibility of selling firearms in order to hamper the illegal arms trade (that is booming industry and we all know it); while expanding the liberties of respectable gun owners.

Knowing who owns what gun does nothing to hamper any illegal gun trade. Criminals don't register their gun purchases. Nor do they submit to a background check before they steal a gun or buy one out of the trunk of a car.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Christians were called out, then executed. And all this piece of crap prez does it spue the same old crap. No talk about a hate crime, just attempts to try and get guns and make government more powerful. When is Barry going to be "gun free", put up or shut up Barry.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident

Those laws are already on the books, and as has been seen do not prevent criminals from breaking them. Criminals will always find ways around them, and all adding more laws does is provide one more hoop we legal owners have to jump through.

The thing that strikes me as completely ironic, is that the POTUS and his lackeys are ok with violating everyones constitutional right to bear arms, but not ok with locking up severe mental cases for what they might do in fear of violating their constitutional rights. Actually, this could easily be applied to all pet projects of the left. They convince the public its ok to stomp on one groups rights because it advances/benefits some fringe population or special interest group.

The problem is not the tools used, but the person committing the crime. The sooner people realize the real problem, the sooner we can find a real cure. Our current media coverage only fans the flames for those wishing to commit these heinous acts. They become part of the sensationalism that is the bread and butter of pop culture.

FYI, there was just a shooting in Australia, now how they hell did that happen if their gun laws are so iron clad?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At the bottom of all the gun control arguments is the difference between the managers and the managed. It's been this way in many countries and cultures through history. Sword control, spear control, crossbow control, firearms control, all the same motivation. American is a young and different country founded on different principles than the old world, east and west. There's a lot of meaning in the old words, God made man, Sam Colt made them equal, a meaning that fills the managers with both fear and loathing. Gun control will not solve society's problems unless strict control of society is the aim. Leadership has to get past the "us verses them" attitude.

Not gonna happen. They will politicize every thing at their disposal until their aims are met.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Knowing who owns what gun does nothing to hamper any illegal gun trade. Criminals don't register their gun purchases. Nor do they submit to a background check before they steal a gun or buy one out of the trunk of a car.

There was a time I could take you up on the old strip and anything you wanted was available......anything. Guns, yup. Still to this day the underground gun market flourishes. A meth head steals dads guns and sells for drugs. Dad does not report this in fear junior will do rime. Happens a lot more than folks realize.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2015
    New Carisle
    It leaves a record or lack of record of transfer. If that record is not there, guess what? You're an arms dealer. It wouldn't take long to discover who is slinging arms, because we could track where a firearm went dark, and prosecute the last know owner of the firearm. If a firearm gets stolen, its your personally responsibility to report it.

Top Bottom