• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And this is supposed to be a bad thing?

President Barack Obama will travel to Cuba on Sunday for a historic three-day trip, the latest milestone in his efforts to repair Cuban-American relations after decades of hostility. There was great anticipation in some quarters of Havana ahead of his arrival, as he will be the first U.S. president to visit the country in almost 90 years.......

......It was rare to see American flags in Cuba before the thaw in relations, but thatappears to be changing. The American flag was raised at the U.S. embassy in Cuba last year for the first time in decades. Now, the symbol can be spotted around the streets of Havana, whether as a fashion accessory, political statement or defiantexpression of counter-culture.

Cubans Display American Flags Ahead Of Obama's Historic Visit

Well, if anything, for the knuckle dragging bunch, the article has cool pictures.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I, for one, am glad to see him going. We're going to overthrow Castro with American dollars, not that he has a lot of time left on the planet anyway. Unfortunately, there are some ignoramuses in congress who would have us go back to the policy that hasn't worked even once since it was implemented. I'll give Obama credit on this one, it was a sane and intelligent move on his part to get us to normalise relations.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Can he stay? :dunno:

Yes almrjarrell, we'll overthrow Castro with our great American dollars because
    all the money and investment the rest of the WORLD has pumped into Cuba nonstop
    has weakened him so we can deliver the knockout.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Can he stay? :dunno:

Yes almrjarrell, we'll overthrow Castro with our great American dollars because
    all the money and investment the rest of the WORLD has pumped into Cuba nonstop
    has weakened him so we can deliver the knockout.

I have to agree with Printcraft. The Castros will be dead long before the people of Cuba wise up, and say "hey, this American dollar thing is pretty cool."
    So what, like 3 or 4 years?

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    As long as we have a Gulf Coast, I'll take a pass on Cuba thank you.
    I'm with Spec4 here, I, too, will pass. The Castro Brothers are still running things, and after what happened to that kid who thought it was a good idea to vacation in North Korea, I'm still leery about visiting a communist/totalitarian country.

Or maybe that's just the old Cold War experience in me coming through?

We have a perfectly good Gulf Coast, where I and the family will be visiting in June, thank you.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm with Spec4 here, I, too, will pass. The Castro Brothers are still running things, and after what happened to that kid who thought it was a good idea to vacation in North Korea, I'm still leery about visiting a communist/totalitarian country.

Or maybe that's just the old Cold War experience in me coming through?

We have a perfectly good Gulf Coast, where I and the family will be visiting in June, thank you.

I think even compared to Cuba, North Korea is in another galaxy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Give it a while after the Castro boys are history and it will look like Batista never left. Americans will be everywhere spending money.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Well, of course this is somethjing that only Obama could do.
    He just loves him some communist totalitarian, even as he seeks to fundamentally transform his native land.

Top Bottom