• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    With the GOP primary dragging on, it's become obvious that Indiana will finally cast a primary vote that matters. As such it's important to me that my fellow Hoosiers have the facts.
    In this article, I fully explain the research I did on Ted Cruz and what I found:
    https://thegenxy.wordpress.com/2016/03/23/is-ted-cruz-a-charlatan/

Being a political operative myself, deciding whom to support has been something I have been struggling with. Hopefully this helps you the way it helped me.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Since you claim to be a political operative (and I'm not doubting you in the slightest)... please tell us in the interest of full disclosure: for whom do you work? Then we can take your research with the appropriate grain of salt as needed, depending on direction.

And in the interest of full disclosure : I am a geek who has no ties to any campaign. I am not a terribly big fan of ANYONE still in the race. I have BIG problems with both Trump and the Witch (and the Bern, for that matter). As such - I'm not terribly a Cruz fan either, but he is better than Trump as the R nominee in my opinion.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Since you claim to be a political operative (and I'm not doubting you in the slightest)... please tell us in the interest of full disclosure: for whom do you work? Then we can take your research with the appropriate grain of salt as needed, depending on direction.

I send that emotion.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I send that emotion.

latest

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I can't believe I bothered to read it, but...

There’s this meme out there that the establishment hates Cruz. I haven’t found any real evidence of this.

Let me help you out:
    Ted Cruz And The Senate: Now We've Got Bad Blood : NPR

So, being hated is now a good thing, right? When did that happen? How does that win elections? Actually, I think Murrdock proved that it doesn't.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Ted Cruz is not a charlatan. He has a level of intellect and style of delivery that sometimes gets caught up in his attempt to communicate. As one of the most polished debaters in the world, sometimes he can get in his own way and become loquacious to the point of losing people. On the worst day of the week, Ted Cruz is like a church camp counselor that attempts to befriend and act cool with the group of guys that tend to disengage in the activities of the week and sneak off to look at dirty magazines each night while the rest of the camp engages in acoustically accompanied worship around the fire.

I am not sure that now is the right time for Cruz and I align with him most ideologically. He is a party outsider, but he has worked in government since 1999, we all know apparatchiks tend to get out of touch with reality when the paycheck comes from shaking down the taxpayer. If now is not his time, I think he would best gain executive experience in the private sector or as governor after Gregg Abbott - who, by the way, seems to an incredibly viable option for President (someday) should he want the office. In the mold of Rand Paul, I think Ted Cruz may be of best service in the Senate. I certainly would love for him to be on the Supreme Court.

Cheesy? At times.
    Geeky? Certainly.
    Charlatan? Absolutely not!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well said INPatriot.

I originally said the he, Paul, and Rubio should stay in the senate where they can do good work and let someone else carry the ball for the presidency. Now however, the options are very limited. At least he has a record of supporting the Constitution in front of the Supreme Court and doing exactly what he told his constituents he would even if it pissed people off.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis

And in the interest of full disclosure : I am a geek who has no ties to any campaign. I am not a terribly big fan of ANYONE still in the race. I have BIG problems with both Trump and the Witch (and the Bern, for that matter). As such - I'm not terribly a Cruz fan either, but he is better than Trump as the R nominee in my opinion.

Good question. I currently work for the Brent Waltz campaign for congress. I have no affiliation to any presidential campaign. Nor does my commentary reflect my candidate's opinions.

Last edited:

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    He is a party outsider, but he has worked in government since 1999, we all know apparatchiks tend to get out of touch with reality when the paycheck comes from shaking down the taxpayer. If now is not his time, I think he would best gain executive experience in the private sector or as governor after Gregg Abbott - who, by the way, seems to an incredibly viable option for President (someday) should he want the office. In the mold of Rand Paul, I think Ted Cruz may be of best service in the Senate. I certainly would love for him to be on the Supreme Court.

Cheesy? At times.
    Geeky? Certainly.
    Charlatan? Absolutely not![/QUOTE]

No one who worked inside a presidential administration. Is married to a GS vice president, or is being supported by a legion of consummate insiders can legitimately claim to be an outsider. He might be disliked. But that isn't the same as being an outsider.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    With the GOP primary dragging on, it's become obvious that Indiana will finally cast a primary vote that matters. As such it's important to me that my fellow Hoosiers have the facts.
    In this article, I fully explain the research I did on Ted Cruz and what I found:
    https://thegenxy.wordpress.com/2016/03/23/is-ted-cruz-a-charlatan/

Being a political operative myself, deciding whom to support has been something I have been struggling with. Hopefully this helps you the way it helped me.

Careful, if you make people have to think beyond their 4 walls their heads might explode.

Article easily sums up why he sends up every red flag in the book for me every time he opens his mouth.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I stopped reading at "Is Bush a Charletan?" No, kidding. I stopped at "if you like the idea of a Bush retread wrapped in a Gadsden flag..."

We have a political range of suspicion where Ted Cruz resides in the political spectrum. People who hate him and like him say he's anywhere from radical right wing evangelical crazy ass Dominionist, to being a left wing operative. That's a pretty big range.

Here's my POV. I don't care. This isn't an election where a well qualified, constitutionally minded, fiscally conservative president can be elected. There aren't any of those left in the race on either side. This election is essentially a throwaway. Not that I'm willing to sit on my hands and let queen ***** seize the scepter. I'll vote for whomever is the GOP nominee.

I don't really care how bad Cruz is when I'm not voting for "good". There isn't any good. I'm voting for not-democrat. I'm voting for not-officialPartyOfGunControl. I'm just astonished that Cruz has bubbled up to the top spot on the list of remaining losers. That's not a testimony of how good Cruz is, it's a testimony of how bad the choices are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    RhvjBzi.jpg

How many more red flags do you need?

Believe me, I've been asking that same question for months, but not about Cruz supporters.

I'm not surprised the not-trump voters are coalescing around Cruz. He's the only one left with a shot at this, and then not a very good one. Bush and Kasich actually have more in common policy wise.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So Christie is part of what might as well be considered a royal family?

Well, if you're judging Cruz by the company he keeps, that **** goes both ways. And at least Cruz isn't parading his new ***** all over the airwaves nuzzling his sack, like Trump is with Chrisitie.

Top Bottom