• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Honestly, diabetes is a huge cause of death in the US. The stats show that one of the reasons is the HUUUUUGE amount of soda that we drink. I don't have a problem with it honestly. I need to quit drinking the **** anyway.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Honestly, diabetes is a huge cause of death in the US. The stats show that one of the reasons is the HUUUUUGE amount of soda that we drink. I don't have a problem with it honestly. I need to quit drinking the **** anyway.

If you quit drinking, it is your choice.
    I really don't need the government to act as my father figure by telling me what to do for "my own good".
    And as Sanders claims, this will affect the poor more.
    So do we help them by making their food more expensive?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have a problem with the .gov trying to control what we ingest, period. Taxing something to change behavior is just an excuse to raise revenue. Then when people actually change their behavior, the .gov is upset at the loss of that revenue and has to look to replace it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

A large number of the shooting deaths we see every year are related to gun ownership so I'm guessing you're o.k. with a gun ownership tax also?

Just sayin'. . . .

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have a problem with the .gov trying to control what we ingest, period. Taxing something to change behavior is just an excuse to raise revenue. Then when people actually change their behavior, the .gov is upset at the loss of that revenue and has to look to replace it.

Yep...that "universal daycare" won't go away when people cut way back on drinking sodas. Then what will they do? (Forgetting for a moment daycare is not a power granted to the Feds by the Constitution).

Why is it democrats and liberals so adamant about "getting government out of their bedrooms and vaginas" but love to have it in their kitchens, refrigerators, and businesses?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

The artificial sweetners are even worse. There is an interesting study on what drinking diet coke does to your metabolism. (hint: Its worse for you than regular coke)

As (if) we move to single payer healthcare, expect more of this crap. I foresee the attitude of "we are responsible for paying for your poor life choices, so we are going to control more of your life to reduce our costs". (ETA) "If you cant eat fatty or sugary foods, you wont get clogged arteries or diabeetus, so we will pay less to take care of your health."

[video=youtube;LPAQFck9XHQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPAQFck9XHQ[/video]

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

This kind of thinking is marching us down the path to tyranny, one step at a time.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I don't care what people put in their body, as long as it's not hurting anyone else- it's their choice. We have taxes on cigarettes and booze, so why not soda? It's not like it's a food or anything nutritious.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yep...that "universal daycare" won't go away when people cut way back on drinking sodas. Then what will they do? (Forgetting for a moment daycare is not a power granted to the Feds by the Constitution).

Why is it democrats and liberals so adamant about "getting government out of their bedrooms and vaginas" but love to have it in their kitchens, refrigerators, and businesses?

:yesway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't care what people put in their body, as long as it's not hurting anyone else- it's their choice. We have taxes on cigarettes and booze, so why not soda? It's not like it's a food or anything nutritious.

Or, you might ask, why cigarettes and booze.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    What's that old saying about someone wanting safety, security, 3 meals a day, healthcare, and education - and being told that they are describing a prison. I want the freedom to be given the information about an item, and make my own choices about whether or not I consume that item. A "fat tax" will not have its intended result, and it will just end up being a revenue generating process once people get used to the increased soda prices.

Unless it is college kids hooking up

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If you quit drinking, it is your choice.
    I really don't need the government to act as my father figure by telling me what to do for "my own good".
    And as Sanders claims, this will affect the poor more.
    So do we help them by making their food more expensive?
    Just like cigarette taxes. Disproportionately takes money out of the pockets of the lower class.

Top Bottom