Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 157 of 192 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1917
    Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKBJ View Post
    They want to rename (back to) Orange County...
    Dang it that's disappointing. Was hoping for Tiny Tim Intercontinental.
    Tiny Tim was from New York and played the Ukulele. He'll be redacted from all history after all the statues come down.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post

The Repulican governor of Mississippi has said that he will sign a bill to change the flag. Looks like the stars and bars are going bye-bye.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mis...rom-state-flag
    So they will end-up with a reversed Dutch flag?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    Until they find out that, once upon a time, a Dutch-registered ship or a Dutch sea captain was involved with the slave trade.
    Brother, you asked for it!—Francisco Domingo Carlos Andres Sebastian d’Anconia

User Info Menu

They could go back to their pre-1894 flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    They could go back to their pre-1894 flag.
    They're going to add "In God We Trust". So I'd give it a week or so before the atheists start protesting that choice.

User Info Menu

Wisconsin college students want Lincoln statue removed.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...UEAcMPkyAkonlI

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    They're going to add "In God We Trust". So I'd give it a week or so before the atheists start protesting that choice.
    Yep, not the best choice if they want to avoid offending large groups of people.

Not to mention they will also offend the non-English speakers with a sentence in English.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post

The Repulican governor of Mississippi has said that he will sign a bill to change the flag. Looks like the stars and bars are going bye-bye.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mis...rom-state-flag
    That's something that I think should be a "people" decision. Something decided by referendum on a ballot. It's probably time to decide what that symbol means to them.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Yep, not the best choice if they want to avoid offending large groups of people.

Not to mention they will also offend the non-English speakers with a sentence in English.
    They could always word it in Latin. Deo confidimus

You'd be hard pressed to find atheists/agnostics in Missippi. My experience was lots of Baptists and Pentecostals in the northern half of the state. Plenty of Catholics too, but they dominate more in the southern half. On Sundays you can't find many radio stations on the dial that don't have church services aired. God is something nearly universally believed regardless of race there. If they want In God We Trust on their flag, whatever.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    They could always word it in Latin. Deo confidimus

You'd be hard pressed to find atheists/agnostics in Missippi. My experience was lots of Baptists and Pentecostals in the northern half of the state. Plenty of Catholics too, but they dominate more in the southern half. On Sundays you can't find many radio stations on the dial that don't have church services aired. God is something nearly universally believed regardless of race there. If they want In God We Trust on their flag, whatever.
    Georgia did the same thing, removed the Confederate Flag from their State Flag and added "In God we trust".

They changed it in 2003.I didn't know it was that resent.

I'm also surprised Mississippi lasted 126 years with their current flag before people were finally offended by it.