Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 157 of 192 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1917
  1. #1561
    Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NKBJ View Post
    They want to rename (back to) Orange County...
    Dang it that's disappointing. Was hoping for Tiny Tim Intercontinental.
    Tiny Tim was from New York and played the Ukulele. He'll be redacted from all history after all the statues come down.
    INGOer #25,448

  2. #1562
    Grandmaster Sylvain's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post


    The Repulican governor of Mississippi has said that he will sign a bill to change the flag. Looks like the stars and bars are going bye-bye.

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mis...rom-state-flag
    So they will end-up with a reversed Dutch flag?

  3. #1563
    Expert Mikey1911's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    So they will end-up with a reversed Dutch flag?
    Until they find out that, once upon a time, a Dutch-registered ship or a Dutch sea captain was involved with the slave trade.
    Brother, you asked for it!—Francisco Domingo Carlos Andres Sebastian d’Anconia

  4. #1564
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    So they will end-up with a reversed Dutch flag?
    They could go back to their pre-1894 flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

  5. #1565
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    They could go back to their pre-1894 flag.
    They're going to add "In God We Trust". So I'd give it a week or so before the atheists start protesting that choice.

  6. #1566
    Master hopper68's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Wisconsin college students want Lincoln statue removed.

    https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...UEAcMPkyAkonlI

  7. #1567
    Grandmaster Sylvain's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    They're going to add "In God We Trust". So I'd give it a week or so before the atheists start protesting that choice.
    Yep, not the best choice if they want to avoid offending large groups of people.

    Not to mention they will also offend the non-English speakers with a sentence in English.

  8. #1568
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post


    The Repulican governor of Mississippi has said that he will sign a bill to change the flag. Looks like the stars and bars are going bye-bye.

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mis...rom-state-flag
    That's something that I think should be a "people" decision. Something decided by referendum on a ballot. It's probably time to decide what that symbol means to them.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

  9. #1569
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    Yep, not the best choice if they want to avoid offending large groups of people.

    Not to mention they will also offend the non-English speakers with a sentence in English.
    They could always word it in Latin. Deo confidimus


    You'd be hard pressed to find atheists/agnostics in Missippi. My experience was lots of Baptists and Pentecostals in the northern half of the state. Plenty of Catholics too, but they dominate more in the southern half. On Sundays you can't find many radio stations on the dial that don't have church services aired. God is something nearly universally believed regardless of race there. If they want In God We Trust on their flag, whatever.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

  10. #1570
    Grandmaster Sylvain's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    They could always word it in Latin. Deo confidimus


    You'd be hard pressed to find atheists/agnostics in Missippi. My experience was lots of Baptists and Pentecostals in the northern half of the state. Plenty of Catholics too, but they dominate more in the southern half. On Sundays you can't find many radio stations on the dial that don't have church services aired. God is something nearly universally believed regardless of race there. If they want In God We Trust on their flag, whatever.
    Georgia did the same thing, removed the Confederate Flag from their State Flag and added "In God we trust".

    They changed it in 2003.I didn't know it was that resent.

    I'm also surprised Mississippi lasted 126 years with their current flag before people were finally offended by it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge