• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    We already know it's illegal, but with the intent is it a form of criminal confinement? If so, wouldn't that legally allow those confined to use appropriate force to "escape"?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We already know it's illegal, but with the intent is it a form of criminal confinement? If so, wouldn't that legally allow those confined to use appropriate force to "escape"?

I think that's a stretch, but I haven't researched it.

If they were surround an individual car, then I think we'd be getting there.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    http-makeagif.com-media-3-03-2014-ucrSKm.gif

Too soon?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Please, go ahead and keep alienating regular people, Harvard Grads. The BLM-instigated incidents are doing wonders for Hillary's poll numbers recently. (It would be ironic if Soros' 33 Million gift to them ended up helping elect Trump).

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I think that's a stretch, but I haven't researched it.

If they were surround an individual car, then I think we'd be getting there.
    Like this?

[video]https://youtu.be/Eq-ybZIibd0[/video]

This is my worries nightmare as a truck drive that drives through Chicago four times a night six days a weak.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It seems my gut reaction, in Indiana at least, may not have been correct. I can admit it....and this is why I gave the "haven't researched it" caveat:

To “confine” means “to substantially interfere with the liberty of a person.”Ind.Code 35–42–3–1. Here, evidence was presented that Nichols passed the minivan driven by Trovatore and braked suddenly, forcing the minivan, which had been traveling thirty-five to forty miles per hour, to quickly brake and stop. Nichols' stopped vehicle was two to five feet in front of the stopped minivan... Dewald stopped his vehicle about two feet behind the minivan... This prevented Trovatore and Draper from pulling away... The evidence is sufficient to show that Trovatore and Draper were confined.

Dewald v. State, 898 N.E.2d 488, 492 (Ind. App. 2008).

i still wouldn't take this to mean that force is appropriate when a protest is what is blocking you.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

What exactly, are you thinking is "appropriate force" to employ upon people blocking a roadway? Let's not beat around the bush, you said "protesters blocking the roadway," not protesters beating on your vehicle, not protesters trying to gain entry into your vehicle, but people BLOCKING a roadway.... and now we're asking what type of force would be appropriate to use upon these people. What type of force can you use? None.... you can't shoot them, you can't run them over, can't spit on them, you can't throw a can of coke at them, and you can't beat them up.
    I get that there a lot of people that would love to harm to protesters, and typically, it isn't because they're blocking a road, but rather because they disagree with the group protesting... As I doubt you would be asking what type of harm you could do to a bunch of anti-HRC supporters blocking a roadway. In any case, call the police, highway patrol, import ChiPs, and deal with it until they arrive and solve the issue.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Quite a few videos circulating recently of cars driving <5mph through them then flooring it when they begin beating on the cars. Dont seem to recall a single person being charged for their reasonable course of action.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Quite a few videos circulating recently of cars driving <5mph through them then flooring it when they begin beating on the cars. Dont seem to recall a single person being charged for their reasonable course of action.

Why should they be? Hell, in such cases, on could argue use of force could certainly be appropriate.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Why should they be? Hell, in such cases, on could argue use of force could certainly be appropriate.

I have to wonder how that would be legal. I was always told all through driving school, and commercial driving school that pedestrians always have rightaway regardless of where they may be.

Rolling your car up against people standing in the road and continuing to roll forward is not yielding. Would not the protesters be in the right to defend themselves in such situation?

Top Bottom