• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Sadly, this is real news. An unidentified person drove a large truck into a crowd of people celebrating Bastille Day, over 60 dead and 100+ injured. Also black smoke from the base of the Eiffel Tower was "just a fireworks truck accident".

timeforchili

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    breaking news!!!! Democrats stage capital hill sit in to ban all trucks. Obama to speak tonight on the risk and responsibilities of owning an f150.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    #BanAssaultTrucks

NOBODY NEEDS AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION!!!! Think of the children!

The only person who claims to need a 40 ton death machine is a right wing terrorist!

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    #BanAssaultTrucks

NOBODY NEEDS AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION!!!! Think of the children!

The only person who claims to need a 40 ton death machine is a right wing terrorist!

Our father did ok with powerglides in their cars. Do the American people really need Allison transmissions? My god, the converter of an MD3060 weighs more than a complete 180!!!

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    lor·ry
    ˈlôrē,ˈlärē/
    nounBRITISH

• a large, heavy motor vehicle for transporting goods or troops; a truck.

• modern definition: new terrorist weapon

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Notice how that assault lorry started out slow and then accelerated quickly to a deadly speed. No one needs that kind of power. Current laws don't address the capacity or lethality of lorries. These are military grade vehicles; killing machines. In the past 100 years, these vehicles can be described as having an escalation in lethality, and we need some common sense regulation so that we don't put such capacity for killing in the hands of ordinary citizens.

And what's it like to drive one of these trucks? It's horrifying, menacing, and very, very loud. I've driven small u-haul trucks before, but never something as powerful as...THE LORRY, like the one that mowed down the crowds of Nice, France. And so that I could give a completely unbiased review of the destructive power of lorries, I decided to risk my life and drive one myself. And here's my harrowing account of this death machine.

Press lightly on the accelerator pedal and the resulting explosion of power is humbling and deafening. The sudden acceleration bruised my shoulder, even while wearing seat belts, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. As I accelerated to the breakneck speed of 40mph, objects alongside the road, street lights and mail boxes, and trees, disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of diesel and destruction made me sick. The explosions from each cylinder -- like loud bombs -- gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after driving the death machine for just two minutes, I was anxious and irritable.

And this was my account. I am totally not trying to make lorries sound worse than they are to further an anti-lorry agenda.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to make light of the terrorist attack in Nice. The intent is to ridicule ridiculous arguments.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Only two pages of commentary from INGO on a major terrorist attack with a large number of children and infants as casualities...That speaks volumes that this is now the new normal....

It's not our fault.....We are humans after all....We are conditioned by our Creator (or by random mutations over great periods of times for the non believers) to harden ourselves to heartache and pain....

I am just sick over this...It just seemed brutal....More so than a bomb or a gun....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Only two pages of commentary from INGO on a major terrorist attack with a large number of children and infants as casualities...That speaks volumes that this is now the new normal....

It's not our fault.....We are humans after all....We are conditioned by our Creator (or by random mutations over great periods of times for the non believers) to harden ourselves to heartache and pain....

I am just sick over this...It just seemed brutal....More so than a bomb or a gun....

Well, actually this conversation has been split in multiple threads. So it's not just a couple of pages here where this has been talked about.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Notice how that assault lorry started out slow and then accelerated quickly to a deadly speed. No one needs that kind of power. Current laws don't address the capacity or lethality of lorries. These are military grade vehicles; killing machines. In the past 100 years, these vehicles can be described as having an escalation in lethality, and we need some common sense regulation so that we don't put such capacity for killing in the hands of ordinary citizens.

And what's it like to drive one of these trucks? It's horrifying, menacing, and very, very loud. I've driven small u-haul trucks before, but never something as powerful as...THE LORRY, like the one that mowed down the crowds of Nice, France. And so that I could give a completely unbiased review of the destructive power of lorries, I decided to risk my life and drive one myself. And here's my harrowing account of this death machine.

Press lightly on the accelerator pedal and the resulting explosion of power is humbling and deafening. The sudden acceleration bruised my shoulder, even while wearing seat belts, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. As I accelerated to the breakneck speed of 40mph, objects alongside the road, street lights and mail boxes, and trees, disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of diesel and destruction made me sick. The explosions from each cylinder -- like loud bombs -- gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after driving the death machine for just two minutes, I was anxious and irritable.

And this was my account. I am totally not trying to make lorries sound worse than they are to further an anti-lorry agenda.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to make light of the terrorist attack in Nice. The intent is to ridicule ridiculous arguments.

well played sir, well played

I still don't hearing lorry

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well, actually this conversation has been split in multiple threads. So it's not just a couple of pages here where this has been talked about.

Sorry Darth...I am just feeling a little John Cougar Melancholy...Between the police shootings, the shooting of police, Orlando and now this I just feel numb...It appears I am projecting my own darkness outward...Not like me normally...

Mea Culpa...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Top Bottom