• ...and so much more!
  • Who Would Handle it Better?

• Total voters

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A news correspondent posed an interesting question when talking about how busy Obama has been recently. He asked "With everything that's happened in the last seven day...." and us in the midst of an election, who would you rather have to deal with these types of situations back to back to back, "Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, or someone else?" How do you think our candidates would deal with this, and what would be their responses?

(Poll is NOT public)

Please comment on how you think they would respond, and how it would differ than the alternative.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My thought is that Trump would get a group of conservative black leaders and have them very much in the public eye to counteract the BLM, Jackson and Sharpton parasite race baters.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My thought is that Trump would get a group of conservative black leaders and have them very much in the public eye to counteract the BLM, Jackson and Sharpton parasite race baters.

I don't think public sentiment is zero-sum where we can cancel out one side by matching opposite rhetoric. We need a leader who can articulate the facts in a way that doesn't alienate either side.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A news correspondent posed an interesting question when talking about how busy Obama has been recently. He asked "With everything that's happened in the last seven day...."

What has happened in the last 7 days that has merited federal attention?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, and so?

So, concerning Turkey and France.... president does/says/directs nothing? Concerning recent turmoil where localities have asked for federal assistance... President does/say/directs nothing?
    Huh, so Clinton wasn't at fault for Benghazi, after all. And the DOJ should simply tell people to pound sand.... gotcha :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, concerning Turkey and France.... president does/says/directs nothing? Concerning recent turmoil where localities have asked for federal assistance... President does/say/directs nothing?
    Huh, so Clinton wasn't at fault for Benghazi, after all. And the DOJ should simply tell people to pound sand.... gotcha :dunno:
    Well either way Clinton would be at fault for Benghazi. She was the architect of the Arab Spring nonsense.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Well, let's see, Kut...obviously, the polished, mature policy responses of a career public servant with extensive influence networks, relationships, and reach-back into the Federal defense/state and law enforcement bureaucracies, and the ability to make those policy communities click and coordinate in a way which benefits the public in real, measurable terms, is the responsible choice here, don't you think?

Twang (...can sense the answer you're looking for, since you're already arguing with "poll" responses).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, let's see, Kut...obviously, the polished and mature policy responses of a career public servant with extensive reach-back into the Federal defense/state and law enforcement bureaucracies, and the ability to make those policy communities click and coordinate in a way which benefits the public in real, measurable terms, is the responsible choice here, don't you think?

Twang (...can sense the answer you're looking for, since you're already arguing with "poll" responses)

Sometimes I have trouble with what people mean when they use purple. The question is innocuous.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I would of voted Rand Paul but the people did not want him so wanting someones else is just fantasy land. Its either Trump or Hillary at this point. I think this is going on because of Hillary, certain people do not want Trump and those people are who are causing the problems and I'm sure Hillary is loving it if not somehow involved with it. Trump would crack down more and say enough is enough. But no matter if Trump wins expect more of this to continue as liberals can't stand not being in power. Remember when Bush was in and every single day it seems code pink or someone was on protesting the wars…..then barry took office and no more protests, no more code pink……they got there way and president, it was never about the wars, they continue. I don't think there is anything trump can do, the liberals and media will beat him to death every single day until they get their next democrat president…..

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Sometimes I have trouble with what people mean when they use purple. The question is innocuous.

Okay...but "maybe" the responses are innocuous and genuine, too.

I'll play: none of the above. Hillary will deal with BLM by buying off the leaders and paying them salaries, thereby emboldening the formation of future groups in the MoveOn/ACORN/Occupy/BLM vein...and Trump might not be able to locate Turkey on a map without help.

However, I don't necessarily believe the "no Federal response" position is irresponsible and worthy of ridicule, either, especially by the author of the poll before you've even gotten off the first page. The best way to encourage accurate response is to allow the conversation to develop over a few pages, before you wade in and begin directing the outcome. We just came off several decades in which US participation in the internal affairs of foreign states has been variously labeled as "dominionism" and "imperialism" by the INGO cognoscenti, and many others. And, the opinion that we should allow local law enforcement issues to be dealt with by the people closest to the issue, rather than concentrating the response in the hands of national players acutely sensitive to the manipulations of outsiders parachuting in and fanning up flames, is not without its merits, also.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay...but "maybe" the responses are innocuous and genuine, too.

I'll play: none of the above. Hillary will deal with BLM by buying off the leaders and paying them salaries, thereby emboldening the formation of future groups in the MoveOn/ACORN/Occupy/BLM vein...and Trump might not be able to locate Turkey on a map without help.

However, I don't necessarily believe the "no Federal response" position is irresponsible and worthy of ridicule, either, especially by the author of the poll before you've even gotten off the first page. The best way to encourage accurate response is to allow the conversation to develop over a few pages, before you wade in and begin directing the outcome. We just came off several decades in which US participation in the internal affairs of foreign states has been variously labeled as "dominionism" and "imperialism" by the INGO cognoscenti, and many others. And, the opinion that we should allow local law enforcement issues to be dealt with by the people closest to the issue, rather than concentrating the response in the hands of national players acutely sensitive to the manipulations of outsiders parachuting in and fanning up flames, is not without its merits, also.

The "no federal response" wasn't listed as an option. If Kirk had of simply said he didn't think the Fed's should respond fine. But he didn't do that, did he? He posed a question. The polling asks participants "who" would handle the last week better, and asked "what" they would do. Unless anyone here believes the odd notion that neither DT nor HRC would respond in someway, the question IS valid. Because we ALL know neither of them can keep their mouths shut.

Anyways thank you for participating.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I suspect a random American chosen by lottery with the conditions " Can read and write/no felonies/never donated to a Clinton/has never appeared on a reality tv show" would do better than current POTUS or anyone who's currently trying to be POTUS.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I expect if Trump was POTUS he would come out unequivocally in favor of and behind law enforcement. He would acknowledge the danger of the job they do, say his justice dept. has their back and then let the states handle it

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Republicans dont have the luxury of being sloppy with their words in response to these events since they dont control the media like the Democrats do.

TheHive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    I suspect a random American chosen by lottery with the conditions " Can read and write/no felonies/never donated to a Clinton/has never appeared on a reality tv show" would do better than current POTUS or anyone who's currently trying to be POTUS.

We agree***or just give it to Chuck Norris!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I voted none of the above, in the past we had better choices. I do agree with twangbanger that hilly is too corrupt for finding a good solution and trump doesn't know where to look. Unfortunately those are my choices for leadership this fall so I'll fall back on my 2A litmus test. There's better leadership out there, it's just not available this time.

Top Bottom