• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • "Username"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2016
    Everywhere, so far.
    I thought about this today when reading a story in the paper explaining how law officers were frustrated by how some would not talk to them.

What do you think?

[video=youtube_share;6wXkI4t7nuc]http://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think the advice is generally sound, but I wish a new video on the subject would be produced so we wouldn't keep being directed to the same one every 12 to 14 days as if it's a new revelation.

I'm pretty crotchety today.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think the advice is generally sound, but I wish a new video on the subject would be produced so we wouldn't keep being directed to the same one every 12 to 14 days as if it's a new revelation.

I'm pretty crotchety today.

Just today? :stickpoke:

:):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Honestly, there's no real answer to the question, other than "depends." I've taken plenty of people to jail for not talking, when if they had, they wouldn't have spent the night in jail. It really depends on the totally of the circumstances, and how smart you are.

"Username"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2016
    Everywhere, so far.
    Honestly, there's no real answer to the question, other than "depends." I've taken plenty of people to jail for not talking, when if they had, they wouldn't have spent the night in jail. It really depends on the totally of the circumstances, and how smart you are.

Not so per the speaker in the OP.

There is a real answer other than "depends".

That's the speaker's point.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not so per the speaker in the OP.

There is a real answer other than "depends".

That's the speaker's point.

How many people has the speaker taken to jail, that might not have gone should they have spoken up? I sent a gal down the river, who probably shouldn't have gone, because she got into a fight with her mother. Both were injured, but mom spoke up up and wanted her daughter arrested. I tried, and tried, and tried to get the daughter to speak but she refused. If she had, I would have asked the prosecutor to chalk it up to "mutual combat." No harm, no foul, no one goes to jail... because she was hardheaded, she went to jail, and was convicted.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman

"A confused cop is an arresty cop."

Only if I am reasonably certain my words will clear up a situation which would otherwise end badly for me would I speak. Of course if I am simply being quizzed about something that doesn't pertain to me at all I would (and have) do anything in my power to help.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman

"A confused cop is an arresty cop."

Only if I am reasonably certain my words will clear up a situation which would otherwise end badly for me would I speak. Of course if I am simply being quizzed about something that doesn't pertain to me at all I would (and have) do anything in my power to help.

...or would cast doubt on another's accusation. If someone accuses you of something marketable, and there's marketable proof, one wouldn't be smart to "not talk to police." As soon as you say "I want to talk to a lawyer," I'm done questioning you, and it probably won't end with you going home.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How many people has the speaker taken to jail, that might not have gone should they have spoken up? I sent a gal down the river, who probably shouldn't have gone, because she got into a fight with her mother. Both were injured, but mom spoke up up and wanted her daughter arrested. I tried, and tried, and tried to get the daughter to speak but she refused. If she had, I would have asked the prosecutor to chalk it up to "mutual combat." No harm, no foul, no one goes to jail... because she was hardheaded, she went to jail, and was convicted.
    Sounds like a bad lawyer.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I thought about this today when reading a story in the paper explaining how law officers were frustrated by how some would not talk to them.

What do you think?

[video=youtube_share;6wXkI4t7nuc]http://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc[/video]

I'm not concerned if someone doesn't talk to me. In fact, sometimes I just want to be left alone. Likevwhen I'm getting a drink at Speedway or eating dinner in my car.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I've kinda made it a point not to do anything illegal or associate myself with anyone doing so. Amazingly cops don't talk to me, with the exception of a polite hello or appreciate what ya do.

Top Bottom