• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Kaepernick, who is biracial, was adopted and raised by white parents. He has been outspoken on his Twitter account on civil rights issues and in support of the Black Lives Matter[FONT=Proxima-Nova, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] movement.[/FONT]

[FONT=Proxima-Nova, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ya he grew up so oppressed….the poor thing. [/FONT]

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Not exactly. The NFL can make him pay for being a douchebag. This isn't the government we are talking about.

If people throw enough of a fit, I could see them doing that... But something tells me while most of us will be outraged nothing will be done. I can't believe the disrespect though... There are other ways to get "your message" across.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Not exactly. The NFL can make him pay for being a douchebag. This isn't the government we are talking about.
    The NFL will be passive on this.
    They can't handle the division and heat it will generate.
    I haven't looked up the numbers but it is a safe guess that the majority of players are black.
    It could turn into a strike year if not careful.
    I May be totally off base but it's thinking that must be considered.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nice to see that the 49'ers and the NFL actually have his back. Nice to see an employer supporting freedom of speech, for once. Even if the nationalists are losing their collectivist ****.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    FTA: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media after Friday's game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Someone should ask him who is putting most of those bodies there. Hint: It's not the police. :rolleyes: How oppressed can a millionaire be, anyhow?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Nice to see that the 49'ers and the NFL actually have his back. Nice to see an employer supporting freedom of speech, for once. Even if the nationalists are losing their collectivist ****.

People were dying under those colors to protect Crapernick's constitutional rights while he was still in diapers. The least he and his pathetic employer could do is to stand out of respect to them.

But America is a bunch of brats, and he represents that. Can't look past their own little issues long enough to recognize the blessings they do have, and the sacrifices it took to secure them.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    People were dying under those colors to protect Crapernick's constitutional rights while he was still in diapers. The least he and his pathetic employer could do is to stand out of respect to them.

But America is a bunch of brats, and he represents that. Can't look past their own little issues long enough to recognize the blessings they do have, and the sacrifices it took to secure them.
    He is exercising his Right to speech in a manner that suits him. In typical INGO fashion the people have come out of the woodwork to speak out against his Right. Freedom of speech is only correct when it's the type of speech in a the accepted manner, to some people. Sorry it doesn't work that way. But I respect your Right to speak against his Rights, even when you're wrong.

Kravitz lays it out and he says it pretty well.

KRAVITZ: If Kaepernick wants to sit during the National Anthem, that's his right - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    He is exercising his Right to speech in a manner that suits him. In typical INGO fashion the people have come out of the woodwork to speak out against his Right. Freedom of speech is only correct when it's the type of speech in a the accepted manner, to some people. Sorry it doesn't work that way. But I respect your Right to speak against his Rights, even when you're wrong.

Kravitz lays it out and he says it pretty well.

KRAVITZ: If Kaepernick wants to sit during the National Anthem, that's his right - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

In typical INGO fashion we have the same rights of free speech as anyone else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom