• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My 100,000 pound rig hitting a car at 60 vs 65 isn't going to make a bit of difference.

In reality, it will just make the cost of freight go up which will be passed on to the final consumer, you and me.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If you support the existence of speed limits then you should support government involvement in forcing your vehicle to not exceed that speed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you support the existence of speed limits then you should support government involvement in forcing your vehicle to not exceed that speed.

Why?

Is that like saying, "Because I support laws against murder, I should support the government removing my ability to murder"?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Why?

Is that like saying, "Because I support laws against murder, I should support the government removing my ability to murder"?

No. That's more like saying "Because I support laws against owning guns, I should support gun confiscation."

I mean, otherwise you're saying you want speed limits enforced but get mad when they ACTUALLY get enforced?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Schumer is too f*king stupid to understand what he is pushing. He must be on the take from the manufacturers of such devices.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Yes, but you are supporting mechanically limiting the vehicle to LESS than the speed limit in many places.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Yippee. I can't wait to increase the number of instances where one big rig is doing 60.5mph and the one behind him decides to pass since his is capable of 60.7mph. There really is nothing more edge of your seat exciting than a 23 mile, 21 minute drag race on a two lane interstate at 10mph below the posted speed limit.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Schumer said that the mandate would help reduce truck related fatalities in New York. He estimated that the mandate would “save 94 lives per year” in the state.

Way to think big Chuckie.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No. That's more like saying "Because I support laws against owning guns, I should support gun confiscation."

I mean, otherwise you're saying you want speed limits enforced but get mad when they ACTUALLY get enforced?

It is illegal to murder. Yet I own a gun. I choose not to murder.
    It is illegal to speed. Yet I own a vehicle. I choose not to speed, at least not enough to get a ticket.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What's all this nonsense about saving lives? Everything is about saving lives!

So, ban smoking if you really want to save some lives. I say that as a smoker.

I'm tired of this beat around the bush nonsense, obviously this individual was upset that a big rig could pass his econocar on the highway and now he wants legislation to prevent that from happening.

Top Bottom