• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    IACP just apologized for the role of the police in mistreating racial minorities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...izes-for-historic-mistreatment-of-minorities/

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ampaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2044

Is this the right thing to do? Is this too broad? Accepting blame for the sins of others kind of thing?

Accepting blame for something you did not do is fine, but I am uncertain if the others in law enforcement accept the notion that all of law enforcement is racist.

Any time you say "all", you have problems.

Will others in law enforcement follow? NADA perhaps? Maybe IPAC?

What does INGO think?

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes, too broad. UNLESS they are directly tied to the mistreatment through policies, etc. Otherwise it will cause "Them" to demand OTHER orgs, societies, peoples to also apologize. Next thing you know you are an insensitive jerk for not apologizing for something you had nothing to do with. You wont apologize for slavery even though your ancestors came post-1880 and immigrated to the north?

Why apologize unless you did something wrong?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Confusing seeking an armistice with abject surrender. Chief's are often careerist, political creatures. I predict this rankles the ranks

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The iacp, now there's an organization that's rooted in dc corrupt culture. I've been hearing anti gun propaganda from them for many years.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    IACP does not represent the rank and file and should be ignored always.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Will others in law enforcement follow? NADA perhaps? Maybe IPAC?

What does INGO think?

Kirk, you should be ashamed. IACP is one of the most notorious anti-gun police "associations" there is, going backwards for decades. Everything that comes out of their trap is political bullshi*, and should be uniformly and widely recognized as such.

You know that.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Law enforcement administrators are political animals and this was a political move and should be viewed as such.

The historical racism issue is very real.

When I entered law enforcement I worked with individuals who had entered the profession literally in the gangster era. I knew men who were on the job when Dillinger was killed outside the Biograph Theater. I personally knew an old detective who mowed down several burglars with a Thompson in a Kroger store on a late-night stakeout. They were products of their generation and overt racism was normal.

Generations evolve, and when my generation, who had been raised in the civil rights era, began to replace the old-timers things began to change. By the time of my retirement the new officers coming under my command almost universally had their minds right in terms of treating people equally and only our command staff, who held ALL civil rights in equal contempt, continued with their racist ways, albeit with a level of deceit and sophistication in keeping with their political savvy.

Then came the drug war and asset forfeiture and law enforcement agencies were awash in discretionary funds. Every agency regardless of size had to have a SWAT team, even if they went twenty years at a time without experiencing a scenario where they needed one. If there was no need for SWAT deployment, need began to be created. Now SWAT is deployed in situations where my generation simply went up and knocked on the door. SPECIAL Weapons and Tactics have become ORDINARY Weapons and Tactics, and the philosophy that we accepted as a given, that military weapons and operations have no place in the policing of a free people is nothing now but a memory. The Public Service model of law enforcement has been replaced by the Militaristic model.

This has hit hardest in minority communities and those opportunists who are always waiting in the shadows to take advantage of situations are making their move. Now we have Black Lives Matter, and any shooting by a cop of a minority automatically results in civil disorder regardless of the justification of the circumstances.

The progress that I witnessed over a period of forty years is GONE!!! We are headed back into the sixties, and I frankly don't see how this headlong plunge is going to be stopped.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, you should be ashamed. IACP is one of the most notorious anti-gun police "associations" there is, going backwards for decades. Everything that comes out of their trap is political bullshi*, and should be uniformly and widely recognized as such.

You know that.

Ashamed of what? Introducing a topic for discussion that has prominently featured in the news recently?

Sure I know IACP and McNamara (San Jose, CA PD) and their politics. However, this happened. I don't see how a discussion about this actual event is inappropriate.

Politics may be bull, but this is the political subforum.

What impact do you believe it will have on other police/LE organizations? What impact will/may it have on public policy with this statement?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Ashamed of what? Introducing a topic for discussion that has prominently featured in the news recently?

Sure I know IACP and McNamara (San Jose, CA PD) and their politics. However, this happened. I don't see how a discussion about this actual event is inappropriate.

What impact do you believe it will have on other police/LE organizations? What impact will/may it have on public policy with this statement?

I forgot the purple. Carry on. They are a political hack organization. That is all.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I forgot the purple. Carry on. They are a political hack organization. That is all.[/QUOTE

I quite agree. They are totally leftist in philosophy and are held in complete contempt by working cops throughout the US. They also permit membership by law enforcement administrators from countries whose law enforcement organizations are no better than terrorist groups.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

galenaWitchesBrewWeekend.jpg

The political sub forum is a witches brew....Kirk just added some eye of newt...Nothing wrong with a little eye of newt...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ill throw in a chickens cackle.

[video=youtube;Etk_O-nhlA4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etk_O-nhlA4[/video]

And a little bark.

[video=youtube;WovYnLL9Yow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WovYnLL9Yow[/video]

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    IACP does not speak for this nations LEO's. They do not represent this nations LEO's. The membership of the IACP is mostly appointed chiefs....you know the ones that were all ways the suck a-- yes guys. I feel confident in saying that 90% of the LEO's in this country could care less about what they think or say. They have no credibility. The 10% that do are probably the same type that will be chiefs in the future and the ones that are unable to do anything but say yes.

Top Bottom