• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny, no one else posted this? Oh wait, they aren't Muslim.

Curtis Allen and Gavin Wright, both 49, and of Liberal, Kansas, and Patrick Eugene Stein, 47, of Wright, Kansas, appeared in federal court to face a charge of conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction (explosives), in connection with their plot to detonate bombs at an apartment complex in Garden City, Kansas where Somali immigrants live and worship.
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/thre...ck-targeting-local-somali-immigrant-community

...apparently Trump fans too. Probably (actually certainly) not par for the course, but I would not be surprised if Trump's words held sway with these guys when they were deciding to do this.

Do we assassinate/target these guy's families too?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I believe that someone that has that kind of malice in their heart are not swayed by any politician....Unlike the violence at Trump rallies that was orchestrated and coordinated by the Clinton camp and the DNC for political theater, this seems like genuine terrorism which, by definition, operates outside the realm of politics and representative Democracy.....

IMHO of course...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The current wisdom on INGO is all violence stems from liberals. The phrasing stemmed from one user and many others have latched on to it. Examples to the contrary aren't posted, either intentionally or because they really never saw it based on where they get their version of the news. I'd be surprised if the white powder sent to a Hillary campaign HQ gets as much play as the drunk smearing peanut butter on cars.

Oh, and in before false flag.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's about time two dicks stepped up to prove there is zero connection between muslims and terrorism. We can all go back to calling it the religion of peace and open up the floodgates for the Syrian refugees without any vetting process!! Thank goodness, the danger is over!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's about time two dicks stepped up to prove there is zero connection between muslims and terrorism. We can all go back to calling it the religion of peace and open up the floodgates for the Syrian refugees without any vetting process!! Thank goodness, the danger is over!!

I think the point being made is that violence against others is not just the realm of ideology...And it seems perfectly logical to me that two men who deal with the worst of what humanity is capable of as part of a job description would point this out....You and I agree on much but BBI and Kut are just pointing out what should be obvious....

IMHO and with no disrespect meant....When I take off my rose colored glasses I find I can see a little better...Even if what I see occasionally makes me uncomfortable...

With that being said you and I agree on quite a bit...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have been away for the glowing screen long enough that I wasn't aware of this, but as for the issue of terrorism not involving leftists or Islam, I see a critical distinction being that of the level of organization involved. Leftist groups will organize mass movements of agitators for the purpose of causing disturbances and/or violence. A large enough portion of the Islamic population considers the systematic extermination of 'infidels' a religious mandate to have become a global threat. On the other side, yes, there are problem individuals, but generally these people are as presented here--a couple of dumbasses being dumbasses. I find it hard to draw a connection to Trump as well. There is a huge gap between advocating closing the borders to potentially dangerous people and/or evicting those who do not belong and killing them.

Oh, and while I am on this thought, does anyone else see a strange connection so far as the people who transport agitators are the same people who advocate leaving the borders wide open to those who seek to destroy our society in one way or another?

As for Hillary and the powder, I will wait for the Paul Harvey version of the story before even considering becoming distressed about it. After all, these are the very people who have demonstrated a repetitive propensity for not letting crises go to waste, even if they have to be manufactured first.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Me and Kut? I don't think Kut's a detective.

Some Muslims are terrorists who will use violence, murder civilians, etc. to advance their viewpoints. The vast majority don't.
    Some conservatives are sovereign citizens who will use violence, murder police, etc. to advance their political goals. The vast majority don't.

INGO doesn't present that picture. If a Muslim farts, it's all over INGO. If a Muslim is targeted, it's a false flag.
    See the reaction to the killing of a priest in France by an ISIS actor. Now listen real hard for the shooting of four police officers by a sovereign citizen in Germany.

That's the point being made.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's ok to disagree. I disagree that it was necessary to include muslims in the initial post. Someone wants to bring up a couple of *******s attempting an act of terrorism, I have no problem with that. The indication is that most of us here would ignore it because it wasn't Islamic terrorism, that we only talk about Islamic terrorism because we're all racists.

Ignore reality (that incidents like this one are very rare compared to Islamic terrorism) or be labeled a racist.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Me and Kut? I don't think Kut's a detective.

Some Muslims are terrorists who will use violence, murder civilians, etc. to advance their viewpoints. The vast majority don't.
    Some conservatives are sovereign citizens who will use violence, murder police, etc. to advance their political goals. The vast majority don't.

INGO doesn't present that picture. If a Muslim farts, it's all over INGO. If a Muslim is targeted, it's a false flag.
    See the reaction to the killing of a priest in France by an ISIS actor. Now listen real hard for the shooting of four police officers by a sovereign citizen in Germany.

That's the point being made.

No, two dicks in Kansas.

How common is right wing terrorism compared to Islamic?

You're correct. Some muslims will, some sovereign citizens will, some right wingers will. If one of those groups happen to outpace the rest, recognition of that must be racist.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's ok to disagree. I disagree that it was necessary to include muslims in the initial post. Someone wants to bring up a couple of *******s attempting an act of terrorism, I have no problem with that. The indication is that most of us here would ignore it because it wasn't Islamic terrorism, that we only talk about Islamic terrorism because we're all racists.

Ignore reality (that incidents like this one are very rare compared to Islamic terrorism) or be labeled a racist.

Ah, so you feel persecuted because of your beliefs? You feel lumped in with others you can't control? You don't want to be labeled?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ah, so you feel persecuted because of your beliefs? You feel lumped in with others you can't control? You don't want to be labeled?

Sure, find me a cop that doesn't. I don't label entire groups based on the actions of a few but I also refuse to bury my head in the sand and ignore the obvious for fear of being labeled a racist, islamaphobe or whatever label someone wants to try to apply.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I'd be surprised if the white powder sent to a Hillary campaign HQ gets as much play as the drunk smearing peanut butter on cars.

Oh, and in before false flag.

oh yeah. Totally a false flag. Hillary's coke delivery got outed and she blames it on republicans. Why would a conservative send free cocaine to Hillary? If this were true, there would have been a bill for fair market price.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    How much you wanna bet only one gets convicted?

the one informing for the FBI? The one informing for the ATF? Or the one with an iq equal to room temperature?:laugh:

Lock em up for a while. And I'm glad the authorities nabbed these tools before they hurt anyone- though I imagine they would have only succeeded in blowing themselves up.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sure, find me a cop that doesn't. I don't label entire groups based on the actions of a few but I also refuse to bury my head in the sand and ignore the obvious for fear of being labeled a racist, islamaphobe or whatever label someone wants to try to apply.

Well, here's the take from "the other side". When you say things like "We can all go back to calling it the religion of peace ", that's exactly what it looks like you're doing. That the religion, as opposed to some actors and groups within the much much larger religion, is the problem. It isn't. The religion is practiced by 1/4 of the world's population. ISIS doesn't represent 1/4 of the world.

Even breaking down the violence done by Muslims, there's generally other reasons behind the fighting. Sudan and Lebanon are good examples. The fighting may be couched in religious terms, same as we couch fighting in patriotic terms (fighting for our freedoms...) but they are about political power, natural resources, etc. Israel and Palestine is a land dispute, no different than the US vs the Indians. The exact same fights couched in whatever will motivate otherwise disinterested people to fight.

So, it becomes very tiresome to see the overly simplistic and overly broad condemnations of Islam. If a Muslim does something, it's because he's Muslim. Mentally ill mass shooter? The mental illness is to blame...unless he's also Muslim. Work place shooter? We've had them for decades before 9/11, but "disgruntled employee" vs "Muslims disgruntled employee" is treated completely different.

All of which boils back to the original point. INGO and conservative media as a whole presents a very lopsided picture of this, actively seeking out and presenting only incidents that support the narrative and ignoring counter-points or the same activities in others. It is absolutely no different than when Rambone was an active user constantly putting up supposed and actual misdeeds of the police. If that's ALL you ever look for and all you ever see, that changes your viewpoint and what seems "obvious" and "reality" vs a broader exposure to police.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    BBI you'll have to forgive me if my response to being labeled a racist is sarcasm. I don't condemn the entire religion of Islam but I'm also not going to sit back and ignore the fact that the religion has its problems and those problems are causing significant issues around the world.

You mention conservative media, I didn't realize there was such a thing. I don't visit any "news" websites, what little news I do watch is undoubtedly liberal. What I see there regarding terrorism is an overwhelming connection to Islamic terrorism. If there were significant acts of terrorism connected to right wing conservatives you can bet your ass that liberal media would be all over it.

An acknowledgement of Islamic terrorism is apparently an issue though.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well played :)

but stereotypes come from somewhere lol

Hmmm...Let me mullet that over for a minute....:)

screen-shot-2012-10-16-at-8-32-44-am.png

(Sorry BBI...I know you hate that pic and to be fair it is an old one of you, but I need to sometimes remind INGO you were not always a suave, debonair, big city detective...By the way do you still have that truck????)

:)

Top Bottom