Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    Epstein “injured” in jail, early days, but apparently not seriously.

I vote he pulled a stunt trying to get released to a psych ward of his lawyer’s choice.

I think he has too much ego and too little conscience to off himself before the end of trial and appeals, and if his jail “friend” (with his history) had attacked him he'd be dead.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...513174311.html
    Maybe it's a warning for him to keep quiet?

Did he have a rope around his neck and smell like bleach?
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

He shouldbe protected, kept alive, if only for the slightest chance for more info.
    Trust no one. The minute God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    He shouldbe protected, kept alive, if only for the slightest chance for more info.
    We'll see what happens, I hope you are right.

If this was a suicide attempt, will they consider him too insane to hold trial?
    If it's not a suicide attempt, they need to put him in solitary with camera on him at all times. Watch who visits and no outside food allowed in his cell.

On the other hand, it may be a self inflicted cry for help because he fears they are coming after him.
    NRA - Life

Master

User Info Menu

Insane? Based on what? He has cause to be highly despondent and suicidal, but that is perfectly rational in his situation.
    Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.- Richard Feynman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    Epstein “injured” in jail, early days, but apparently not seriously.

I vote he pulled a stunt trying to get released to a psych ward of his lawyer’s choice.

I think he has too much ego and too little conscience to off himself before the end of trial and appeals, and if his jail “friend” (with his history) had attacked him he'd be dead.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...513174311.html

Strange. Most of Clintons' friends commit suicide by shooting themselves in the back of their head.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Strange. Most of Clintons' friends commit suicide by shooting themselves in the back of their head.
    Twice. They're very thorough!

User Info Menu

whelp

Trust no one. The minute God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them.

User Info Menu

Posing a question, if he's legally labeled insane, regardless if he is or not, doesn't that muddy testimony he might give against other pillars of leadership?
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Posing a question, if he's legally labeled insane, regardless if he is or not, doesn't that muddy testimony he might give against other pillars of leadership?
    I can't see the type of people postulated by such a theory as taking that chance, I think if an operative of theirs had their hands around Epstein's neck, he would be room temp. Him saying nothing at all is much better for them than trying to spin any testimony
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Based on what I think you're asking, there are 2 kinds of "insanity" that you might be referring to.

The first it basically fitness for trial. In a nutshell, if someone can't understand what is happening to them, you can't put them on trial. If, for instance, Epstein suffered brain damage and has no higher brain function, they are unlikely to ever try him. The somewhat good news is that he'd stay (I think) in a jail-like medical facility until he either dies or achieves enough brain function to stand trial.

The other kind that you might be thinking of is the insanity defense. That is a remarkably poor defense in the child molestation arena, although it has been tried before. I doubt his trial team would go with that.

If they raise some sort of mental issue, it may impact a jury's view of his capacity to tell the truth. But, realistically, I'm not sure he'd be able to testify in his own defense. All sorts of conduct could come in and be used against him.

Any sort of testimony he might have against other participants in his escapades would come in the form of leverage for a plea deal. If THAT happens, he likely would be required to testify against those he implicates. In that situation, any evidence of mental issues does become important, too.

Resident Warning Shot Statist.

Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 ... LastLast