• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I can't wait. I will go if I'm available. I was hoping he would do this.

Be a Reagan, talk directly to the people.

If I had to guess, the secret service will give him foot massages and anything else he wants for saving them from Hillary for 4-8 years

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can't wait. I will go if I'm available. I was hoping he would do this.

Be a Reagan, talk directly to the people.

If I had to guess, the secret service will give him foot massages and anything else he wants for saving them from Hillary for 4-8 years

Funny how perception changes, depending on who you do, or don't, agree with.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yep. How does it apply here other than the obvious I'm glad he won?

a lot of people stepped up who felt ignored over the last few cycles. A return trip will continue to keep them engaged and empowered

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yep. How does it apply here other than the obvious I'm glad he won?

a lot of people stepped up who felt ignored over the last few cycles. A return trip will continue to keep them engaged and empowered

None of this has any bearing on the topic of the thread. Happy he won, gotcha. Felt ignored, now you don't, gotcha. Trying to figure out the purpose of a victory lap, which alone will cost massive amounts of money to the American taxpayer for security alone.... and that's before we know whose lap the rest of the costs will land in, not found.

Call me crazy, but being an outsider, one would hope he'd spend that time getting up to speed with the duties of the office. But I guess I'm the only person that has, kinda, a problem with this.... I mean, there may be some overtime headed my way.

Kut (appreciates his city's taxbase)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It'll take a while for the bill to reach as high as the one for Obama to campaign for Hillary and at least this is money well spent.
    Wow. This is why we are in the state we are in. This :poop: that its OK my team does it because the other team does it, or it isn't as bad as the other team needs to stop. The .gov wasting money is wrong whichever side is doing it. It needs to end, but never will because the followers of both sides won't hold their team accountable.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    So is he supposed to spend 4 years hiding in the White House? What he is doing is smart. VERY smart. He takes office in a matter of weeks. He has an agenda for the first 100 days. What better way to achieve it then to go out and keep the base fired up and excited? He may not influence Dems much but it will definitely help keep the GOP in line.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I guess it depends on what he does with it to determine whether it was money well spent or not. If he spends the time listening to people, reaching out to those who feel disaffected and getting a clearer picture of the state of the Union, I'd say it's not a bad idea. If he just tools around the country in Air Force One turning a victory lap, then he can figure out a way to pay for that out of his own deep pockets.

As far as his opportunity to settle in to the job- he is a more experienced executive than anyone we've seen in that chair in a long time. Perhaps he has a leadership style that leans heavily toward delegation. I don't like the guy, but he has the job, and I'll give him some time to see if he's good at it or not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And how we all see this will be most interesting. I think it is a great idea regardless.

That is just my personal opinion. There is much pain and misconception out there.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We are in a time when we have both the bozo in the White House and the criminal loser encouraging the manipulated mindless to continue to riot and destroy. I consider any attempt to promote a vision and to sell the truth a wise thing. It certainly is not required, but with all the trouble this country already has, the continued rioting is a drain on the already strained resources in our communities. From people unable to get emergency medical help because of blocking highways, to citizens unable to get needed law enforcement officers because they are all busy with the sniveling baby protesters, this has to stop. I hope these travels will bring an effect that reunites the nation.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    About the worst thing for Trump at this point would be to go to ground. He has to show that Soros and his brownshirts do not own the streets.

Even if it's expensive it's a good idea now.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    It's not cool when the red team spends tax money on things that would enrage them if the blue team did it.

for example, wasn't it nice of the GOP house to pass a tax on concrete while celebrating winning control of the government? The bill also creates more bureaucracy.

party of smaller government indeed.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Taking your own private plane without dozens/hundreds of whitehouse staffers is a bit different than Obama taking air force one out for a 10m meeting in CA and then four fundraisers on taxpayer dime

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Wow. This is why we are in the state we are in. This :poop: that its OK my team does it because the other team does it, or it isn't as bad as the other team needs to stop. The .gov wasting money is wrong whichever side is doing it. It needs to end, but never will because the followers of both sides won't hold their team accountable.

You're absolutely right. Can you point me to the thread where Kut called out Obama for his excessive vacationing?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    When Clinton was in office I recall he took a trip to China. He brought over 900 people along with him.

Top Bottom