• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Theater must always be a safe and special place. The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!
    National Politics - Chicago Tribune

Poor little snowflake Pence, must have told on the bullying cast of Hamilton. That's rich. He needs protection from the words of artsy adults who dress up and play make believe for a living.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I remember getting lectured at every concert I attended during the Bush years for a good ten minutes about what a dumb ass war monger I voted for...I always used that opportunity to head to the bar to get a drink...

It is kind of interesting getting lectured to by east coast elites to "be inclusive" and "to not forget you represent ALL Americans" by folks that have ignored middle America for the past eight years...(Scratch that, the last twenty years by both parties....)

To be fair there are a number of liberals that are acknowledging that.....I can't seem to get comfortable being a victim...Try as a might I can't...

You are on a roll today Kut....You are making me want to stay in the shop longer to see what thread you start next....:)

images

Myself I like it when art is art and politics are politics......I remember yelling out to John Prine (At the Louisville Palace so he DID hear me...) "I GOT C Span AT HOME JOHN!!!!!!...I don't what to hear politics for my $40 ticket...... I want to hear "Paradise" and "Christmas in Prison..."

I got some cheers and a few jeers...Then I got three bourbons because I wasn't driving...:)

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Much like the rest of hollyweird......... you are an actor, you are paid to act.
    Nobody cares about your politics. You have every right to say what you want.
    I have every right to not contribute to your bottom line.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Saying that someone should apologize doesn't necessarily imply butthurt. But as a master of ad hominem you already knew that.

i think some Hillary supporters should apologize for acting like jackasses. I'm not butthurt about it. It's just the right thing to do.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Saying that someone should apologize doesn't necessarily imply butthurt. But as a master of ad hominem you already knew that.

i think some Hillary supporters should apologize for acting like jackasses. I'm not butthurt about it. It's just the right thing to do.

I'm sorry, "ad hominem?" Maybe I'm confused as to the meaning. I get confused a lot. Care to look at the thread again, so far, and explain?
    Oh, and I agree. Plenty of Clinton's supporters should apologize for their ignorance.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Can Trump really be butthurt over what happened to somebody else? Lolololol, I guess so, obviously.

Who said anything about Trump being the source of the butthurt? It could apply to Pence himself or the cast member. Not sure why you are trying to connect the dots back to Trump.

Much like the rest of hollyweird......... you are an actor, you are paid to act.
    Nobody cares about your politics.
    You have every right to say what you want.
    I have every right to not contribute to your bottom line.

In this case they kind of do. That's sort of the whole point of this particular play.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I remember getting lectured at every concert I attended during the Bush years for a good ten minutes about what a dumb ass war monger I voted for...I always used that opportunity to head to the bar to get a drink...

It is kind of interesting getting lectured to by east coast elites to "be inclusive" and "to not forget you represent ALL Americans" by folks that have ignored middle America for the past eight years...(Scratch that, the last twenty years by both parties....)

To be fair there are a number of liberals that are acknowledging that.....I can't seem to get comfortable being a victim...Try as a might I can't...

You are on a roll today Kut....You are making me want to stay in the shop longer to see what thread you start next
    ....:)

images

Myself I like it when art is art and politics are politics......I remember yelling out to John Prine (At the Louisville Palace so he DID hear me...) "I GOT C Span AT HOME JOHN!!!!!!...I don't what to hear politics for my $40 ticket...... I want to hear "Paradise" and "Christmas in Prison..."

I got some cheers and a few jeers...Then I got three bourbons because I wasn't driving...:)

I gotta find my stride. You know with the liberal-controlled media, I'll have way too much to draw from.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    When I first saw this story, I thought it was highly inappropriate to heckle or lecture a paying customer, regardless of setting or political ideology...then I actually saw what was said.

[FONT=&amp]
    Brandon Dixon, who plays vice-president Aaron Burr, stepped forward and took out a piece of paper. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]He thanked the audience for seeing the show, then said: [/FONT]“Vice-president Mike Pence, I see you walking out, but I hope you will hear us, just a few moments.”

[FONT=&amp]As some quiet boos emanated from the audience as it began to disperse, Dixon hushed the audience and delivered a message.[/FONT]
    “There is nothing to boo here, ladies and gentlemen, we are sharing a story of love,”[FONT=&amp] he said.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]He continued: [/FONT]“Mike Pence, we welcome you here. We are the diverse Americans who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents.”

[FONT=&amp]Many of the remaining audience began to cheer softly as Dixon, who is African American, pointed towards Pence. [/FONT]“Or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights … we hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us,”[FONT=&amp] he continued, to rising cheers. [/FONT]“We thank you for sharing this wonderful American story, told by a diverse group of men and women of different colors, creeds and orientations,”[FONT=&amp] he concluded.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    IMO, this is a non-story that would have largely remained a non-story had Twitter President Trump pushed away from his keyboard for a while instead of immediately reacting on social media.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When I first saw this story, I thought it was highly inappropriate to heckle or lecture a paying customer, regardless of setting or political ideology...then I actually saw what was said.

IMO, this is a non-story that would have largely remained a non-story had Twitter President Trump pushed away from his keyboard for a while instead of immediately reacting on social media.

You did your research, I salute you. Someone needs to take away Trump's twitter feed.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    He continued: “Mike Pence, we welcome you here. We are the diverse Americans who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents.”

Dixon needs to start by not buying into the media monster bull**** in the first place.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Leave it to kut to try and find equivocation in everything. On the grand scale of safe space comparisons this ranks as a zero point zero. (h/t Dean Wormer)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    attack the subject, not the poster

i read that as pointing out butt hurt of the cast. Could be wrong though

joe the plumber is standing in his yard and Obama comes to talk to him, says something stupid, and the left destroys Joe.

this cast will be praised for their bravado and bravery. Just pathetic and embarrassing

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom