• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess her name has been tosses around as Sec of State. So maybe the title was meant to be Madam Secretary?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What would make that "awesome" ? We basing qualification on nominee's religion now ?

Welcome to INGO, you must be new here. :)

To your question, Nikki Haley is a solid Republican, 1st generation American, of Sikh descent. That's pretty awesome.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I hope she packs a really cool knife at events....

93326520dbc6608b37031794bfc5c54f.jpg

And then there is the start of a Zombie Apocalypse while she is at the event and she stops it by being the only person there with a knife.....

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It's not that no one cares, it's that those with the most "foreign relations credentials" have been the ones creating the challenges we face today.

You have a point. I'm all for having fresh blood in Washington, but there needs to be some experience in that office. And they need to have unflinching negotiating nerve, and American interest at heart. Not the suspicious motives and panty-waists of the last few we've had.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What are her foreign relations credentials? I know, I know, who cares about resumes.

You have a point. I'm all for having fresh blood in Washington, but there needs to be some experience in that office. And they need to have unflinching negotiating nerve, and American interest at heart. Not the suspicious motives and panty-waists of the last few we've had.

I don't think a Sikh would ever be considered a panty-waist.

And, because this is INGO, I will say for the record that resume matters, experience matters, and principles matter. Haley is light on the direct foreign policy experience, but would have credibility in places we sorely lack it. She would provide an excellent balance to Trump's rhetoric that got him elected. And, while I haven't followed her directly, what I know of her record suggests she is conservative enough for me.

She would not be my first pick. Probably not even my second.

But I would pick her before Romney. And she has intangibles that could be very valuable.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

And, because this is INGO, I will say for the record that resume matters, experience matters, and principles matter. Haley is light on the direct foreign policy experience, but would have credibility in places we sorely lack it. She would provide an excellent balance to Trump's rhetoric that got him elected. And, while I haven't followed her directly, what I know of her record suggests she is conservative enough for me.

But I would pick her before Romney. And she has intangibles that could be very valuable.

While I understand the Sikh background can be an indicator of toughness, I would not hire someone based on that. Lots have people have hired "Christians" because they wanted someone of character, only to find the personal flaws of the new employee exhibited more than their claimed religion.

But I really know very little about her at all. I'm not trying to be antagonistic toward her. I just think people look at irrelevant traits because a news story makes a big deal of it. Conservatives love to do this, because they're always trying to prove how inclusive they are. And most conservatives actually are, from what I've seen. But due to the narrative to the contrary, they're always trying to prove it. "I have lots of black friends."

"She's a Sikh, and a woman! Let's hire her." Well, there maybe 1,000 Sikh women qualified to be Secretary of State, but is Nikki Haley one of them? Let's look at her resume.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You know that pesky Confederate flag she took off of state grounds, is going to be an issue for some.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know that pesky Confederate flag she took off of state grounds, is going to be an issue for some.

Yeah, but see - that's already experience in dealing with a foreign country. :)

Like Palin's "I can see Russia...." :D

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

A piece of cloth. If it causes someone issues one way or the other it's their problem. Just like trigger words and safe spaces, pathetic attempts to distract us away from bigger problems. Personally I welcome opinions different from my own. Life would be pretty boring if we all thought alike.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I heard somewhere that diversity+proximity=war

Probably a LOT of truth in that, look at some of the oldest surviving civilizations currently in existence; lacking in and against diversity yet they've been in existence for several thousand years+. Maybe there really are planets where the entire population of one is zebras, another lions and another gazelles!:dunno: (South Park reference, don't put too much thought into it)

Top Bottom