Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

100% is more than 96% of scientists agreeing it is happening, so I'm convinced
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    100% is more than 96% of scientists agreeing it is happening, so I'm convinced
    Also 9 out of 10 dentists, according to a recent survey.
    ~~ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dane View Post
    Also 9 out of 10 dentists, according to a recent survey.

"Is this toothbrush certified by the American Dental Association?"

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheMurph View Post
    So have these Pacific islands disappeared due to rising seas (if so how much rise?) or simply by the natural process of erosion?

I have a home in FL where there are many islands nearby. Some appear and some disappear but no one is claiming that sea level rises in the Gulf of Mex are the cause.
    This is an excellent question. I have no doubt that some of these stories of islands disappearing are over exaggerated by many people pushing for climate reform. Or simply the islands are being eroded away. However, there was a story I read in school that I found quite interesting. I'll link it if I can find it. It basically spoke of a very small patch of land that a group of islanders would frequent in order to fish. Well, this patch of land is now completely covered in water. Not eroded away, just completely engulfed. It even has satellite photos from a few years ago, taken at the same date in time showing the changes.

EDIT: I am unable to find the article. So I guess this point is moot since I can't back it up. This is a good read however, even though it's CNN
    http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2015/...shall-islands/
    Last edited by A 7.62 Exodus; 12-28-2016 at 14:57.

1) So you're saying our best weather monitoring equipment on the planet is wrong?
    2) It's called GLOBAL warming, not US warming. The US may not be that hot this year, but sure isn't the case for other regions.
    3) The deplorable climate science blog. Yup, that's pretty much all I needed to know

Quote Originally Posted by A 7.62 Exodus View Post
    1) So you're saying our best weather monitoring equipment on the planet is wrong?
    2) It's called GLOBAL warming, not US warming. The US may not be that hot this year, but sure isn't the case for other regions.
    3) The deplorable climate science blog. Yup, that's pretty much all I needed to know
    Funny..."3)" Pretty much summarizes any source that depends on reaching a conclusion that guarantees it will continue to receive grants in the study of climate.
    First time I drank was prom night....Zima... took me years to regain my man card. -Kutnupe

Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    Funny..."3)" Pretty much summarizes any source that depends on reaching a conclusion that guarantees it will continue to receive grants in the study of climate.
    There have been people in NOAA and at the university level that have devoted their entire lives to the study of global warming/climate change, that do so without raising flags, screaming from the mountain tops, or otherwise "look at me." So sure, continue to disregard their findings because "Oh well, they work for NOAA. Of course they believe in that crap."

So this is why at the end of damn near every single Science class I have ever taken at the college level the Ph.D dedicates an entire lecture to essentially proving global warming (even did it in my Physics class talking about the absorption spectra of the atmosphere and what not). I am going to go on a limb here and say Global Warming is a pretty sure thing at this point. But then again some people also believe vaccines can give children autism ( and to that I say let's give the parents polio)
    Quote Originally Posted by kawtech87 View Post
    This guy needs to get himself a girlfriend, it would be cheaper than his knife addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Crail View Post
    So this is why at the end of damn near every single Science class I have ever taken at the college level the Ph.D dedicates an entire lecture to essentially proving global warming (even did it in my Physics class talking about the absorption spectra of the atmosphere and what not). I am going to go on a limb here and say Global Warming is a pretty sure thing at this point. But then again some people also believe vaccines can give children autism ( and to that I say let's give the parents polio)
    So is it Anthropogenic?

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast