Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Crail View Post
    Yep Indiana University's Biochemistry department is a total joke you caught me. It's not the tempature here you worry about its the tempature of the Polar Ice Caps you worry about, but you obviously have better critical thinking skills than I do so I will let you ponder those particular implications.

Also apparently NASA cannot think for themselves either, here is their official CO2 levels, feel free to argue about the validity of Ice Core readings as well.

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Carbon Dioxide
    Curious how you explain the Ice Age. The earth cooled into and warmed out of it without man driving his SUV's or burning coal to produce electricity.

And BTW, IU is the most liberal college in the most liberal city in Indiana...of course they will push man made global warming.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by A 7.62 Exodus View Post
    There have been people in NOAA and at the university level that have devoted their entire lives to the study of global warming/climate change, that do so without raising flags, screaming from the mountain tops, or otherwise "look at me." So sure, continue to disregard their findings because "Oh well, they work for NOAA. Of course they believe in that crap."
    I must be a real hayseed because my skeptic red flag shoots to the top of the mast when these climate alarmists repeatedly get caught fudging or outright fabricating their evidence.

User Info Menu

According to the NASA read outs the historical high for CO2 levels was about 300ppm, currently they are slightly above 400ppm and this is a very recent development, what else could have possibly caused such a jump in the numbers over the previous historical high?

Also on the thread of institutions being essentially paid off to promote Global Warming as basically undeniably true. What exactly would government or NGO's gain from falsifying Dada and research such as this? Would it not be better for everyone involved to remove all government imposed restrictions on manufacturing and just dump pollutants into the air at a rate not seen since the start of the industrial revolution?

Maybe you don't know about the London smog of 1952 caused by massive amounts of Industrial pollution. Hell even of Global Warming is not a thing (it totally is) is cleaner air for the entire world not a good thing as well as renewable energy research and advancements?

Maybe you are the one drinking the proverbial kool-aid
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

User Info Menu

According to the NASA read outs the historical high for CO2 levels was about 300ppm, currently they are slightly above 400ppm and this is a very recent development, what else could have possibly caused such a jump in the numbers over the previous historical high?

Also on the thread of institutions being essentially paid off to promote Global Warming as basically undeniably true. What exactly would government or NGO's gain from falsifying Dada and research such as this? Would it not be better for everyone involved to remove all government imposed restrictions on manufacturing and just dump pollutants into the air at a rate not seen since the start of the industrial revolution?

Maybe you don't know about the London smog of 1952 caused by massive amounts of Industrial pollution. Hell even of Global Warming is not a thing (it totally is) is cleaner air for the entire world not a good thing as well as renewable energy research and advancements?

Simple Answer...Control.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    And we only had a drill with the assumption that the Petty Officer of the Watch had gone bonkers.
    He's lucky that the riflemen (probably with an M-14, depending on whether that happened in the 80's or early 90's) didn't get pressed into firing!
    I'm sure he recovered fully and went back to work on that same sub afterward.
    It was late 80s, or the VERY beginning of the 90s.
    Riflemen were in black if I remember.
    Don't know if they were ship's force (Tender), or Marines.

But I do know it wasn't a drill. If it was, it was a good way to get someone shot with all the loaded weapons pointing at the Topside Watch.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HubertGummer View Post
    Simple Answer...Control.
    Did you read the rest of it? Again what does the Government or any NGO get out of this? What exactly are they controlling that is of such benefit by posing the environmental restrictions on manufacturing? I mean if you think a smog covered ****hole would be a fun place to live I suggest looking into Beijing I hear it's lovely there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HubertGummer View Post
    Simple Answer...Control.
    No. Money. The Green Industrial Complex.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Before I go on, I support clean air. I hate large cities because of the air if nothing else. And yes, I know about London. That was a bad thing, and it's good that they fixed it. But no one in human history has seen a need to fix cow farts, other than the people who have to work around them.

Are you really asking me what they would have to gain? Like I said, you need a refund, because you weren't taught to think. The government gets control, which is what they want. So they win big, and a lot of this research is funded by them. But, as you point out, NGO's also pay for research. I have two words I want you to burn into your brain: patent expiration. For instance, freon became a commodity, and was less profitable to produce. So producers patented newer types of refrigerants, and suddenly the old ones were nuking the ozone. That cycle has gone on for some time now. Same with other technologies, like the light bulb. No one stands to profit more from regulation than those who get to determine what the regulations say.

Finally, as if to put the icing on my cake of critical thinking, you quoted NASA, who specifically only went back 800,000 years. But if you look back towards 500 million years, we are at one of the lowest points in history. It has been over 1,500ppm a number of times. I wonder why they would leave out the research of Prof. Rothman from MIT? And while CO2 concentration and global temperatures are corollary, some research has suggested CO2 levels actually lag global temps. That's right, the temp could be the cause, and the gas the effect, not the other way around.
    "Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

User Info Menu

Oh, BS.

It was 300ppm in the paleozoic era, when the world was far warmer than it is now, eh?

PhanerozoicCO2-Temperatures.png

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTScribe View Post
    Oh, BS.

It was 300ppm in the paleozoic era, when the world was far warmer than it is now, eh?

PhanerozoicCO2-Temperatures.png
    +1. I think it is fascinating "historical" CO2 highs and lows are being advanced as some sort of fact of equivalent accuracy to current measurements when they are a historical extrapolation from times when we weren't measuring such things. It is really cute that we are calling this "science" when there are a ton of variables present with no control or observation.

That IU feels is necessarynto teach climate change is a part of physics should be a huge red flag, not some sort of supporting fact.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast