Page 222 of 516 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 232 272 322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 5158
    Quote Originally Posted by blue falcon View Post
    there is no evidence that the Russians had no effect on the election.
    What does that mean?
    “There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion.” Churchill

I watched a good bit of it. Watching Comey's behavior as Gowdy grilled him ultimately told the tale.

Once again Comey is trying to keep his bottom from catching fire. Bad things have happened, but the extent isn't known yet.
    It will be some interesting times when he either gets fired of resigns.

He's either a shill for the democratic party or he's working on something big and doesn't want to further harm his credibility with the left for when he decides to break it. The tip-toeing about as if he's in a pool of egg shells just seems like very curious behavior to me.

If I was a gambling man, I'd bet on Comey having something big on internal branches of government and the DNC.
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

Not sure why this deserves an indefinite suspension, even if fslse.

Fox News SUSPENDS Napolitano After He Accuses British Intelligence Of Spying On Trump | Daily Wire
    Unapologetic Abolitionist

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    Not sure why this deserves an indefinite suspension, even if fslse.

Fox News SUSPENDS Napolitano After He Accuses British Intelligence Of Spying On Trump | Daily Wire
    I wondered that myself......if NBC/CBS/ABC/CNN fired someone every time what they were reporting was wrong, they would be down to robots reading off teleprompter...
    Proud Member of D.A.D.D.

Dads against daughters dating.....

Quote Originally Posted by SEIndSAM View Post
    I wondered that myself......if NBC/CBS/ABC/CNN fired someone every time what they were reporting was wrong, they would be down to robots reading off teleprompter...
    Probably there isn't a shortage of social justice progressives willing to lie to promote a political outcome. But regardless, the difference here is that the president of the United States doesn't get his insider information from CNN like he apparently does with Fox News.
    Current Trump Approval rating: +8.

Latest:
    Bumped back up to 8 (from 7) for pulling out of the Paris Accord. **** that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by blue falcon View Post
    there is no evidence that the Russians had any effect on the election.

EDIT: change no to any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericpwp View Post
    What does that mean?
    Fixed it. Darn secretary and her typo's.
    NWI INGO General Post - Part 13

How did the Classifieds influence your joining INGO?

Πάρτε σπαθί μου, όταν σας να εξετάζω το από το χέρι μου κρύο νεκρός

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    When I have some time I'll look for a transcript. I know the press will cherry pick to get the story they want. All of them.

So, did Comey not say that the RNC was hacked too? Was that something the press made up?
    Here is a transcript: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.59b7afcc610f

Here is the answer to your question, not clear if the Russians successfully hacked the RNC, or merely tried:

STEFANIK: Can you specify those others? Did that include the RNC? Did that include any of the other campaigns of candidates in the primaries, either Democrats or Republicans?

COMEY: I think what we can say in an unclassified setting is what we have in the report that there were efforts to penetrate organizations associated with the Republican party and that -- I think that is what we said in the report. And that there were not releases of material taken -- hacked from any Republican associated organizations.

STEFANIK: But the hacking -- the use of cyber tools as part of their broader, whether you call it hybrid warfare or information warfare campaigns, it was done to both parties.

COMEY: Correct.

My favorite part:

SCHIFF: Were you engaged in McCarthyism, Director Comey?

COMEY: I try very hard not to engage in any isms of any kind, including -- including McCarthyism.

The most interesting part to me, in that it confirms that we can't really put much stock in what has appeared in the press so far:

TURNER: And my next aspect of your question to Mr. Comey, is this. What is the obligation of the intelligence community to correct such falsehoods? Some of this information that we read in the Washington Post and the New York Times, is extremely false and extremely incendiary and extremely condemning of individuals and certainly, our whole system. What is your obligation, Mr. Comey, to be that source to say I can't release classified information, but I can tell you, it's not that?

COMEY: Yeah, it's a great question, Mr. Turner, because there's a whole lot out there that is false. And I suppose some of it could be people lying to reporters. I think that probably happens. But more often than not, it's people who -- who act like they know when they really don't know. Because they're not the people who actually know the secrets, they're one or two hops out and they're passing along (ph) things they think they know.

There is -- we had not only have no obligation to correct that, we can't, because if we start calling reporters and saying hey, this thing you said about this new aircraft we've developed, that's inaccurate actually, it's got two engines. We just can't do that because we'll give information to our adversaries that way and it's very, very frustrating but we can't start down that road. Now, when it's unclassified information, if a reporter misreports the contents of a bill that's being debated in Congress or a policy, we can call him and say hey, you ought to read it more carefully. You missed this or missed that. We cannot do that with classified information.
    It's very, very frustrating because I have read a whole lot of stuff, especially in the last two months, this is just wrong. But I can't say which is wrong and I can't say it to those reporters.

Interesting part about what Clapper said:

STEWART: I appreciate that and I would say that is especially likely to have, when I say especially talking about have the finding of no wrongdoing when there is a political motive. And if there's one thing that we've seen here today, I think, from some of the line of questions is clearly been a certain political motive in some of the questions that have been asked to you.
    Mr. Clapper, the former DNI, and we all know who he is, this is someone who should know. I want to read what he said just a few weeks ago. Mr. Clapper then went on to say that to his knowledge there was no evidence of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. We did not conclude any evidence in our report and when I say "our report," that is the NSA, FBI, and CIA with my office, the director of national intelligence said anything -- any reflection of collusion between the members of Trump campaign and the Russians, there was no evidence of that in our report.
    Was Mr. Clapper wrong when he said that?

COMEY: I think he's right about characterizing the report which you all have read.
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by rob63 View Post
    Here is a transcript: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.59b7afcc610f

Here is the answer to your question, not clear if the Russians successfully hacked the RNC, or merely tried:

STEFANIK: Can you specify those others? Did that include the RNC? Did that include any of the other campaigns of candidates in the primaries, either Democrats or Republicans?

COMEY: I think what we can say in an unclassified setting is what we have in the report that there were efforts to penetrate organizations associated with the Republican party and that -- I think that is what we said in the report. And that there were not releases of material taken -- hacked from any Republican associated organizations.

STEFANIK: But the hacking -- the use of cyber tools as part of their broader, whether you call it hybrid warfare or information warfare campaigns, it was done to both parties.

COMEY: Correct.
    Reince Priebus and other Republicans have been on record stating that the RNC was targeted, but said the hackers were unsuccessful because the RNC had updated it's equipment and use policies per FBI recommendations, to make it as difficult as possible for hackers. Of course they would have plenty of reasons to lie about that, so I'm not just going to take their word for it. But I can't take the media's word for it either. They're off reporting it like Comey confirmed that the RNC was hacked too (implying success), and that is at least suggestive of some kind of collusion between Republicans and Russia. But Comey confirmed nothing of the sort, just that an attempt was made, and nothing was published. If I were reporting it, I wouldn't believe Comey's statements would give me permission to report that any information was actually obtained by the russians. I wish someone would have asked that directly.
    Current Trump Approval rating: +8.

Latest:
    Bumped back up to 8 (from 7) for pulling out of the Paris Accord. **** that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Reince Priebus and other Republicans have been on record stating that the RNC was targeted, but said the hackers were unsuccessful because the RNC had updated it's equipment and use policies per FBI recommendations, to make it as difficult as possible for hackers. Of course they would have plenty of reasons to lie about that, so I'm not just going to take their word for it. But I can't take the media's word for it either. They're off reporting it like Comey confirmed that the RNC was hacked too (implying success), and that is at least suggestive of some kind of collusion between Republicans and Russia. But Comey confirmed nothing of the sort, just that an attempt was made, and nothing was published. If I were reporting it, I wouldn't believe Comey's statements would give me permission to report that any information was actually obtained by the russians. I wish someone would have asked that directly.

Here is another part of his testimony that is fairly relevant to the issue of collusion. He makes it clear that the intelligence community concluded that the Russians were motivated to hurt her because they really hated Clinton, not because they particularly liked him. They also concluded that the Russians didn't even think he could win. It doesn't support the idea that there were any back-room deals going on.

STEWART: I understand that, but we're looking at Russian activities. And we're making a conclusion of why they did that. In this case, that they preferred one -- one candidate over the other. I was in Moscow last August. I came home and I did some media interviews and talked to some folks. And I said, they're gonna mess with our elections. And that wasn't based on any intelligence analyst or specific information, this was just based on history, we knew that they would. And I was always asked, well, who do they want to win?
    And I said then, I don't think they care. I don't think they A, could believe they could determine who would win and others (ph), as we've said here a number of times, they just want to break down the foundation, they just want to break the trust in our institutions. They want to take away that faith we have in our electoral process. And by the way, the intelligence community agreed with us, with me, on that analysis. For a long, long time, up until December. And then suddenly, they didn't.
    And was when the president asked for this report and he asked for it to be concluded very quickly and then the analysis changed entirely. And -- and it went from no, no, no, they don't really care to no, no, they want Mr. Trump to win. And I think there's another plausible explanation, which is what I want to talk about in the few minutes that I have remaining. Let me begin by asking you, do you think that the Russians expected Secretary Clinton to win the election?

COMEY: Yes, as of August certainly, August, September.

STEWART: OK.

Mr. Rogers?

ROGERS: Yes.

STEWART: OK. Well, look, Mr. Comey you indicated as of August, September, do you believe they ever came to a conclusion that you know what? Mr. Trump's going to win.

COMEY: No, our -- the assessment of the intelligence community was that early on, they thought he might have a shot. And so they wanted to mess with our election, hurt our country in general, that's always the baseline. They hated her, Secretary Clinton, wanted to harm her and thought they might have a chance to help Mr. Trump. And then later, concluded that Mr. Trump was hopeless and they would focus then on just trying to undermine Secretary Clinton, especially with the European allies.

STEWART: Got that, so up -- up until summer and through the fall, they believe that Secretary Clinton would win, is that true?

COMEY: I think the assessment was, late in the summer, they concluded based on the polling I think a lot of people were reading, that Mr. Trump didn't have a chance. And they shifted to just focusing on just trying to undermine her.

STEWART: And I tell you, if you were to tell me and I know you didn't but I'm just saying, if anyone were to tell me that they concluded Mr. Trump is going to win. I'd just say they're nuts, because there was no one in the world who thought that. Every media organization, every political organization, every government organization that I'm familiar with last fall thought that Secretary Clinton would be the next President of the United States.

COMEY: I think the Russians agreed.

STEWART: I -- absolutely they did agree. Then this is the point and this is such a fine line, but it's such an important point, and that is how can you know for certain if the Russians were motivated by hurting the person they thought in fact, fully expected was going to be the next President of the United States and comparing that with a mode (ph) of this kind of a Hail Mary pass. You know what, maybe this guy's got a shot. Let's try and help him get elected because those motives would be -- and that's -- that' again coming back to my original point, determining motives is very difficult.

You have to either have very direct information or you have to be able to get inside someone's head and really figure out what it is that's driving them. And knowing the Russians expected Secretary Clinton to win, would you see that some of those things that they've done would be consistent with undermining her presidency, not necessarily because they thought Mr. Trump was going to win and they wanted help.

COMEY: Again, I think it's too close related sides of the same coin. I mean, to put it in a homely metaphor, I hate the New England Patriots and no matter who they play, I'd like them to lose. And so I'm at the same time rooting against the Patriots and hoping their opponent beats them. Because only two teams on the field but what the intelligence community concluded was early on, the hatred for Mrs. Clinton was -- was all the way along.

When Mr. Trump became the nominee, there was some sense that it'd be great if he could win, be great if we could help him. But we need to hurt her to matter what and then it shifted to he has no chance so let's just focus on undermining her. That was the judgment of the intelligence community.
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

Livin' in the sticks!!!! ghitch75's Avatar
    http://www.marke****ch.com/story/us-...ord-2017-03-21

Dow, Nasdaq log worst day since September as financial stocks crumble

"I got a shotgun,rifle and 4 wheel drive and country boy can survive!!!"