• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Best reason I ever heard for dry counties in Kentucky was the moon shiners didn't want any competition after prohibition was repealed. Always follow the money.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You can buy beer on Sunday in Georgia. IN GEORGIA! Let the market decide. If the market will decide against you hire lobbyists. That is all.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Weird. I read on INGO that Republicans are small gov't and free markets. Seems odd that my individual right to plan poorly on Saturday and need to refuel on Sunday is restricted so that a business model that can't compete with more efficient operations remains viable.

Oh well, I'm sure that some of the rest of the wish list will be fulfilled.*

*as long as they leave the state fiscally sound, I'll not really worry about Sunday liquor sales...but c'mon. I mean...c'mon.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Time to vote the bums out at the next opportunity. We voted in republicans because we want less government intervention. They aren't listening to the people and are continuing the status quo of bending to lobbyists. Bunch of bums.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We do our official grocery shopping on Sunday... every Sunday. I want to buy my beer, wine and hard liquor there when I do my grocery shopping. If they keep me from doing so, they are being doodyheads and anti-liberty.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Youre just an alcoholic. Jesus doesn't want you to buy alcohol on Sunday. It's a good thing our overlords keep us on the moral high ground.

We do our official grocery shopping on Sunday... every Sunday. I want to buy my beer, wine and hard liquor there when I do my grocery shopping. If they keep me from doing so, they are being doodyheads and anti-liberty.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Youre just an alcoholic. Jesus doesn't want you to buy alcohol on Sunday. It's a good thing our overlords keep us on the moral high ground.
    That is why we go to a Presbyterian Church (every Sunday), I can drink and not feel guilty about it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Does the the rest of the congregation look at you weird when you slam back the entire communal goblet of Jesus' blood?

That is why we go to a Presbyterian Church (every Sunday), I can drink and not feel guilty about it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Does the the rest of the congregation look at you weird when you slam back the entire communal goblet of Jesus' blood?
    we just do the little teeny glass of grape juice... ones with wine are included as an option, but still the little thing, less than a shot glass.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Thats no fun. I'm used to the traditional Catholic mass. Communal Herpes for everyone.

we just do the little teeny glass of grape juice... ones with wine are included as an option, but still the little thing, less than a shot glass.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I didn't quite follow the video but it sounded like the bill would have taken liquor sales out of pharmacies and box stores as well? Is that right?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Time to vote the bums out at the next opportunity. We voted in republicans because we want less government intervention. They aren't listening to the people and are continuing the status quo of bending to lobbyists. Bunch of bums.

There are realistically two options. They know you aren't going to vote (D) over this. They also know that the assorted versions of (I) aren't a threat. There is very little incentive to not bend to the lobbyist. You aren't going anywhere over Sunday liqour sales, constitutional carry, etc. Why alienate the few swing voters and bread butterers?

I'm no different. Taxes and the fiscal health of the state matter more to me than these issues. What am I going to do, vote for the guy who campaigned on debt being good right now because interest rates are soooo low we can afford to deficit spend for pet projects? Lulz, no, not over liquor sales or the other "side issues" of the day.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So so what are we to do? Bend over and take it?

Personally, I'll be voting in the primary. Trying to make sure these jack wagons don't get reelected. And if it comes to it and they don't hold their end of the bargain up by letting this, constitutional carry, etc.... die in committee, I will be taking a hard look at voting D. Because right now, they aren't looking much worse.

There are realistically two options. They know you aren't going to vote (D) over this. They also know that the assorted versions of (I) aren't a threat. There is very little incentive to not bend to the lobbyist. You aren't going anywhere over Sunday liqour sales, constitutional carry, etc. Why alienate the few swing voters and bread butterers?

I'm no different. Taxes and the fiscal health of the state matter more to me than these issues. What am I going to do, vote for the guy who campaigned on debt being good right now because interest rates are soooo low we can afford to deficit spend for pet projects? Lulz, no, not over liquor sales or the other "side issues" of the day.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So so what are we to do? Bend over and take it?

Personally, I'll be voting in the primary. Trying to make sure these jack wagons don't get reelected. And if it comes to it and they don't hold their end of the bargain up by letting this, constitutional carry, etc.... die in committee, I will be taking a hard look at voting D. Because right now, they aren't looking much worse.

It's the same kind of issue with the constitutional carry bill. Republicans know people won't vote Democrat. So they feel empowered to do whateverthehell they want. So the only option is to Primary them. That's hard to do in a state packed with establishment Fudds.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It's the same kind of issue with the constitutional carry bill. Republicans know people won't vote Democrat. So they feel empowered to do whateverthehell they want. So the only option is to Primary them. That's hard to do in a state packed with establishment Fudds.
    Similar to the national scene. The Republican have been willing to spend money just like the Democrats for the last 16-20 years, but hey, they won't try to take our guns so we are stuck with voting for them.

Top Bottom