Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 347 of 369 FirstFirst ... 247 297 337 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 357 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3688

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    I think you're not understanding me. The machines make money by keeping them here, not sending them back. The illegals are a valuable resource to them.
    Respectfully, you're not understanding me: Trump is directing a shift in policy to go after a new set of illegal aliens (e.g. those that received notices) instead of who ICE is targeting now (crims & border protection). Let's follow that money. What payoff is gained by this shift?

AFAIK, ICE isn't adding agents, and they're already at 100% utilization...
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Eh, don't get so hung up on a phrase. The "follow the money" shtick is a simple explanation for why things seem to go against what's most sensible to an average person, and it seems like it works out that way much more often than not. We have laws against illegal immigration. Both the traditional sides seem to have a hard-on for illegal immigration, because, well, follow the money. To do the sensible thing isn't a "follow the money" kind of thing. Or, maybe **** it. Maybe rule of law is a ****ty idea, and we should just all ignore laws and have arbitrary rule of **********s.
    I dunno. It's not so much a money thing, or a voting thing, but more and ideological thing - another wedge issue to getting lathered up about.

It sure would be nice if the clowns in DC would stop yelling about it, and start solving it.

As to this voting thing, anyone got hard evidence or is this just all a bunch of musing? I really don't know what to think about that. If Jose is voting, well, I guess that's better than Joe that doesn't bother because he's cooking meth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drillsgt View Post
    Have you ever seen the people that work our elections, they are 80 year old volunteers I doubt they'd tell the difference from one license to another. Also we have plenty of American citizens who drive without insurance saying this would force illegals to get insurance is wishful thinking.
    From what I understand in some states you need to show proof of insurance in order to get a driver's licence.
    Not sure how it works in California.

User Info Menu

'NY county clerk says he won't enforce law giving drivers' licenses to illegal immigrants, warns of voter fraud'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-...raud-dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    From what I understand in some states you need to show proof of insurance in order to get a driver's licence.
    You can take them fake proof, they are very good at getting fake documents. Or they can buy it for 1 month and then not renew it. The BMV doesnt verify it unless youre in an accident. Ive always had insurance. I dont play those games.
    Funny thing happened to me once. I had an accident and like 5 years later BMV sent me proof of insurance request for the time of the accident. Lol. Talk about dropping the ball.
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

There's an easy fix. Insurance companies required to report to BMV whenever a policy lapses or is initiated. A simple computer search could tell when a policy was not in force (at any company) on a particular DL, could identify a pattern of establishing insurance only for show at renewal time and if the state had the political will could match DLs to comprehensive list of insured to produce a list of likely uninsured motorists - a list which could be disemminated to LE and watched for with digital plate reading technology
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    A) Not seeing a whole lot of people lining up to work fields or process chickens. Nor do I see shoppers asking for higher food prices.
    B) FIFY.Not sayin' it's not a good idea to get some deportations going, but but sometimes the "follow the money" logic is tinted by ones political POV. If Joe replaces Jose in the field, Joe is just as likely to be suckling at the govt. teet.
    No idea what the cost of labor from field work or processing chickens adds to the cost. But I do have an idea for pork. A pork processor near me pays somewhere about $15 per hr average for line workers. They have about 2000 employees total and process 20000 hogs a day. At 8 hrs a day, $15 per hour it works out to about $.08 per lb. And that is only counting "retail meat" not anything else. When they say they use everything but the oink, they mean it. Animal feed/fertilizer/pharmaceutical products/etc are all sold which when factored in would lower that 8 cent per lb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    The problem with LEGAL Immigration is that it just takes too long to LEGALLY come over. It sure would be nice to just fix this problem instead of being stuck with this illegal headache.
    A large part of the time it takes to come here legally is due to quotas, a smaller part is processing delays. To fix it would require almost unlimited legal immigration and a massive increase in personnel to process. Also to go along with the unlimited legal immigration, you would also have to have a low almost non existent requirements for those who can. Basically to fix illegal immigration through immigration reform, you would almost have to have an open border.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    I'm missing the point. You know those votes won't be counted, right, regardless of the mental capacity of the poll worker. Now if you're complaining that illegals in voting lines are adding to congestion, ok, I can get onboard with that.
    Not sure on that. While you would think that, and it shouldn't be that hard to do, not sure of the reality of it.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...223886630.html

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    There's an easy fix. Insurance companies required to report to BMV whenever a policy lapses or is initiated. A simple computer search could tell when a policy was not in force (at any company) on a particular DL, could identify a pattern of establishing insurance only for show at renewal time and if the state had the political will could match DLs to comprehensive list of insured to produce a list of likely uninsured motorists - a list which could be disemminated to LE and watched for with digital plate reading technology
    Easy fix, but one which would cost consumers and taxpayers. They have something like that in IN for some drivers, it's called SR22 insurance. It's required for some who have been convicted of some driving offenses. It's well more expensive than insurance for someone with the same offenses, but not the SR22 requirement.

User Info Menu

To get a driver's license? I'd be interested hear where. I have never heard of this. To register a vehicle/get license plates, sure, but not to become a licensed driver.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    To get a driver's license? I'd be interested hear where. I have never heard of this. To register a vehicle/get license plates, sure, but not to become a licensed driver.
    In California you need to show proof of insurance before taking the driving test to get a licence.

That's why the article I read said that allowing illegal immigrants to get a licence will be a way to make sure they have car insurance.
    But it's just to take the test, you can even show up with a friend's car and use somebody else's insurance during the driving test.

But like TT said earlier it doesn't mean they will have insurance once they start driving their own car, or that they will renew it.

User Info Menu

In California you need to show proof of insurance before taking the driving test to get a licence.

That's why the article I read said that allowing illegal immigrants to get a licence will be a way to make sure they have car insurance.
    But it's just to take the test, you can even show up with a friend's car and use somebody else's insurance during the driving test.

But like TT said earlier it doesn't mean they will have insurance once they start driving their own car, or that they will renew it.
    Are you sure that they aren't just proving that the vehicle they are using for the test is insured?
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.