Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 354 of 369 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 364 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 3688

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    I am glad you agree we need to eliminate Democrats and their influence in the interest of accuracy
    Yup. And cut out a lot of this federal funding that we're worried about. Let's the states handle their own needs. States have become the welfare queens du jour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

I took part in the 2010 census but there was no question about citizenship back then.

In 2000 there was a citizenship question.

User Info Menu

Do you know a source for Republicans with backbones, as opposed to business (literally) as usual Real Republicans®
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    I took part in the 2010 census but there was no question about citizenship back then.

Obama bowed to pressure (just like he bowed to everyone else) and eliminated it (first time in 190 years). I believe it was still on the long form

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Obama bowed to pressure (just like he bowed to everyone else) and eliminated it (first time in 190 years). I believe it was still on the long form
    I'm not sure how many people get the long form.

Either it's important to ask or not important.

I thought it was weird that I had to be counted just like a US citizen, when I'm not a US citizen.

User Info Menu

I'm not a US citizen.
    Let that be my contrarian reply...

User Info Menu

Did question 9 question your status, Visa, work document, resident or illegal.

I just realized in the last few posts that this is not about putting the question on the Census but putting it BACK on the Census.

User Info Menu

I'm not sure how many people get the long form.

[most recently about 1 in 6 households]

Either it's important to ask or not important.

[It was lobbied for by no less a light than Thomas Jefferson, beginning in 1800 and first included in the 1820 census]

A question about citizenship was proposed for the first time in 1800 by Thomas Jefferson, who advocated for an inquiry into “the respective numbers of native citizens, citizens of foreign birth, and of aliens.” His straightforward reason for wanting such a question was “for the purpose of more exactly distinguishing the increase of population by birth and immigration.” Jefferson got his wish just two decades later, when a version of his question appeared on the census of 1820, which asked how many “foreigners not naturalized” lived in each household.
    I thought it was weird that I had to be counted just like a US citizen, when I'm not a US citizen.
    [Mandated, by the language of The Constitution, to everyone 'present' in the US, language adjusted by the 14th amendment (why should be obvious)]

The United States Census is a decennial census mandated by Article I, Section 2 of the United States Constitution, which states: “Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States... according to their respective Numbers... . The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years”. Section 2 of the 14th Amendment amended Article I, Section 2 to include that the "respective Numbers" of the "several States" will be determined by "counting the whole number of persons in each State... excluding Indians not taxed...”

User Info Menu

Shocking and offensive...

​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    Did question 9 question your status, Visa, work document, resident or illegal.

I just realized in the last few posts that this is not about putting the question on the Census but putting it BACK on the Census.
    I'll admit it: Ditto.

Which makes this kerfuffle even more baffling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?