Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 361 of 373 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 371 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 3729

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    This assumes that the vast majority of the illegals to sway those representatives only benefit democrat candidates.
    C'mon man.

It matters how many, and in what states they live when they answer the census. If illegal immigrants are counted towards apportionment for EC/House representation, then they damn sure can give democrats an advantage. Looking at the top 10 states for illegal immigration (California, Texas, New York, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, Georgia, North Carolina, Arizona, Virginia, in order of population rank). California, Texas, NY, are probably the only states with a high enough illegal population that could change apportionment. So yeah, Texas could pick up some Republican representation (assuming that districts would be drawn such that it would favor Republicans). Would it make a big difference? Not huge, but could give Dems a several seat/EC delegate net gain, making the EC path ever more difficult for Republican presidential candidates.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.
    My pronouns: **** off

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    This assumes that the vast majority of the illegals to sway those representatives only benefit democrat candidates.
    The only way to actually know would be to count their numbers and where they are located... There's a word for doing exactly that which escapes my mind at the moment. But I think it's been in the news lately.

ETA: Jamil's post above refreshed my memory, census, yeah that's it, why not use the census to determine this?
    Seen on Facebook: “Love trumping hate involves a lot more assault and arson than I thought it would”

"I believe in a system of Love and Karma, but, to counterbalance that, if it fails, I'm buying an AK-47..." - Unidentified Californian on Fox News following Antifa protests fascist riots

User Info Menu

Politico: Poll: Slim majority supports deportation raids
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-raids-1417799

So, the MSM mis-characterization of ICE proceedings as "targeting families for deportation" has majority (barely) support.

Makes you wonder how much support there is for finding and deporting:

1. Those present illegally with deportation court orders?
    2. Those present illegally with deportation court orders AND criminal history or charges?
    Seen on Facebook: “Love trumping hate involves a lot more assault and arson than I thought it would”

"I believe in a system of Love and Karma, but, to counterbalance that, if it fails, I'm buying an AK-47..." - Unidentified Californian on Fox News following Antifa protests fascist riots

Master

User Info Menu

WaPo poll: A majority of Mexicans also want to deport illegal migrants back to their country of origin.

Doesn't that make them racist? Waiting for the Odd Squad to start condemning Mexicans as racist now.
    Mark Steyn: Sometimes a society becomes too stupid to survive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phase2 View Post
    WaPo poll: A majority of Mexicans also want to deport illegal migrants back to their country of origin.

Doesn't that make them racist? Waiting for the Odd Squad to start condemning Mexicans as racist now.
    Obviously they're not "real" Mexicans.

User Info Menu

All the young dudes....

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

You know it’s funny how the pro illegal immigration/open border crowd and the msm are raising all kinds of hell about detention centers and deportations under Trumps “racist” administration but nary a peep was uttered when those same things were being done under Obama’s watch considering deportions under Trump’s administration thus far are down compared to Obama’s

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You know it’s funny how the pro illegal immigration/open border crowd and the msm are raising all kinds of hell about detention centers and deportations under Trumps “racist” administration but nary a peep was uttered when those same things were being done under Obama’s watch considering deportions under Trump’s administration thus far are down compared to Obama’s
    Its a bit more complicated than that.

Deportations are down, in part, because more people are being detained because of decreased resources to handle the administrative side. If it used to take a few days to have a hearing and get an answer (either stay or go), it is now taking longer than that and those people need to be detained until there's an answer.

There is a political game being played here with the money. If Congress isn't going to fund the wall, then Trump isn't going to spend the money to process the people. Instead, he'll keep them in jail-like facilities. Ordinarily, that would be a PR nightmare, but with Trump and his base it really isn't. They like it.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

We'd be happy to let them go ... home
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Its a bit more complicated than that.

Deportations are down, in part, because more people are being detained because of decreased resources to handle the administrative side. If it used to take a few days to have a hearing and get an answer (either stay or go), it is now taking longer than that and those people need to be detained until there's an answer.

There is a political game being played here with the money. If Congress isn't going to fund the wall, then Trump isn't going to spend the money to process the people. Instead, he'll keep them in jail-like facilities. Ordinarily, that would be a PR nightmare, but with Trump and his base it really isn't. They like it.
    Actually it seems that the ones that most like to keep the detainees in jail like facilities are those that like to make political hay out of complaining about the facilities since AOC and other Dems. like her voted against additional funding for improving facilities and processing detainees. I suspect most of the rest of us that you are trying to smear would greatly prefer that the illegals simply be sent home immediately since the majority of them don't have a legitimate claim to asylum in the first place. Also, doesn't the notion that foreign criminals on US soil deserve better facilities than the homegrown variety of criminal strike you as a least a little suspect, if not completely ridiculous?