• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Below is a link to the proposed changes in this year's legislative session. Interesting read. I kind of like the one to eliminate taxes on gun sales and ammo. It does not look like it will get anywhere. Also, there is a study about eliminating the need for a license to carry in Indiana. Since I have my lifetime license, I am against that one! Contact your representatives if you have a strong feeling one way or another on these house bills.

Proposed Indiana Gun Laws :: American Gun Owners Alliance

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Yes for Reciprocity, with other states. In addition, I guess why not require a LTCH. If you want to carry, you need to take the extra effort to get your LTCH. Like I said, I made my effort and have my lifetime LTCH.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well as long as you have yours, I guess the constitution doesn't matter.

Are you ready to buy you free speech pass now?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How about a License To Not Have Soldiers Quartered Without The Consent Of The Owner (LTNHSQWTCOTO)??

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Yes for Reciprocity, with other states. In addition, I guess why not require a LTCH. If you want to carry, you need to take the extra effort to get your LTCH. Like I said, I made my effort and have my lifetime LTCH.

Why in the world would I have to make an effort in order to be granted permission by the state to exercise my Second Amendment right?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    On the bright side most of the stupid proposed laws that further infringe on the 2nd only have the bill author and no co-sponsers and they seem to be stuck in committee with little chance of proceeding. Like SB 0426, the "if it looks scary you can't carry" piece of wonderful legislation. Thankfully it has only the author's support.

Unfortunately, according to the link post by the OP to American Gun Owners Alliance they are against HB 1095. I'm not sure why since it actually eases a restriction. HB 1095's purpose to put Indiana's definition of "armor piercing" in line with the ATF. As it stands now in Indiana HyTek coated, powder coated and any other modern coating that uses a polymer to coat the bullet is outlawed due to the current flawed definition of armor piercing. The proposed bill looks to remove that restriction. Here's the link to the proposed bill https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017/bills/house/1095#document-e1cd2cf5. Read the entire bill, it's only 2 pages and you will see there is nothing in there about plastic coatings in the armor piercing definition. This bill would put Indiana's definition the same as the AFT's and remove a restriction.

I guess the confusion is coming from the bill's very poorly worded synopsis that has "Plastic-coated ammunition." as the first 3 words. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm all for Constitutional carry. I want my wife to be able to get in my Jeep without having to take my Glock out of its safe just to keep from committing a crime. I also don't want her to have to be fingerprinted and taxed to exercise her 2A rights. I'm fuming mad at the Republicans who sat silently when this came up in committee to see if it could get a vote.

Top Bottom