Do you want to purchase customized bricks for the border wall?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ...brick?

41808231.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The idea it would be made of brick puts a tear in every engineer's eye, too. A brick wall? Why not just build it out of ladders?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I think it would be hilarious if they sold bricks for the ground at one of the border crossings to help fund it. Making the wall itself out of brick...probably not an engineers choice. Fabricated walls like they use for sound deadening along the interstate...probably more probably. Prefab.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    The idea it would be made of brick puts a tear in every engineer's eye, too. A brick wall? Why not just build it out of ladders?

Well, if you insist on taking the fun out of this and turning it into a serious discussion, see below.

I think it would be hilarious if they sold bricks for the ground at one of the border crossings to help fund it. Making the wall itself out of brick...probably not an engineers choice. Fabricated walls like they use for sound deadening along the interstate...probably more probably. Prefab.

Check out how the Israelis build their border walls, they seem to be fairly effective and basically mirror your thinking.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, if you insist on taking the fun out of this and turning it into a serious discussion, see below.

I don't know how serious a discussion this can be, but I do insist on taking the fun out of it. It makes me nostalgic for my Army days when we'd sit around and say things like "If engineers were supposed to have a sense of humor, we'd be issued one."

I actually worked on the border fence in the late 90's. We got shipped to Douglas, AZ to assist Border Patrol, which included building a fence out of surplus emergency runway mat. It looked like this:

It won't let me link the photo, but click here: http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-died-attempting-to-cross-picture-id71236175

and might as well have been built out of ladders.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I do insist on taking the fun out of it.

Booo!! Hiss!!! :):

I actually worked on the border fence in the late 90's. We got shipped to Douglas, AZ to assist Border Patrol, which included building a fence out of surplus emergency runway mat. It looked like this:

It won't let me link the photo, but click here: http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-died-attempting-to-cross-picture-id71236175

and might as well have been built out of ladders.

Thanks for the info, I had seen that stuff before and thought it was poorly designed. Didn't know it was surplus that had been pressed into service.

Well. That would make 81 of you since the petition was started a few days ago. Unless you didn't like it well enough to sign it. I wonder how many would actually buy a brick.

Meh, advertising makes all the difference. Getting a petition to go "viral" or "mainstream" makes the difference. I've only seen a link to this petition in one other gun forum so knowledge of it is not widespread, plus it's really just for trolling the left. As BBI pointed out, bricks would not make a good border wall. Besides giving traction for wall climbers, the maintenance on it would be expensive and time consuming (granted the SW climate isn't as hard on brick as Indiana climate, but still).

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    It should be built from native rock to be harmonious with nature and withstand the computer controlled quad fifty installations.

Top Bottom