Looked but didn't see a post. Anyone have a church that has a gun club?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I did a concealed carry topic presentation at a local gun club that is in a big church in Kokomo on Wednesday . It was well received by the attendees. I look forward to the next meeting. Anyone have any similar experiences at their place of worship?

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    we had an informal group that did two shoots a year but the guy heading it up has been super busy for a while so it has gone fallow for now.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dont count on the Methodists. They are anti gun by doctrine.

Makes me embarrassed to be a Methodist.

EDIT: At the risk of starting a nasty debate, at least Im not a UCCer. I actually pulled my kid out of an alternative to scouts because its hosted in a UCC church and they had the no guns signs conspicuously posted everywhere. While the Methodists are anti gun in doctrine (but some churches ignore it), these jackwagons take it to a whole 'nother level of cray; "we will actively say you cant carry a gun because killing is wrong while simultaneously participating in pro abortion rallies." SMH

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Our church has a lot of shooters in it. We have armed security during services. We tried to get a Christian gun club/bible study going but it never really took off.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

EDIT: At the risk of starting a nasty debate, at least Im not a UCCer. I actually pulled my kid out of an alternative to scouts because its hosted in a UCC church and they had the no guns signs conspicuously posted everywhere. While the Methodists are anti gun in doctrine (but some churches ignore it), these jackwagons take it to a whole 'nother level of cray; "we will actively say you cant carry a gun because killing is wrong while simultaneously participating in pro abortion rallies." SMH

Not Free Methodist's. Even our pastor packs a .45 and is an NRA instructor

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

I believe you are talking about United Methodist, I also thought last spring they voted to stop being pro abortion.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes, UMC. Granted I know a few UMC churches that ignore the official church policy on guns. In a search for a new UMC church, I have yet to find one as openly anti gun as other churches. And it was the Unitarians, not the Church of Christ that were doing the marches. I had too many Cs and not enough Us in that abbreviation. :):

And the anti gun sign was in the Episcopal church. I was all kinds of confused last night. Because the UUCer invited us to a liberal scouting alternative that meets in an Episcopal church. And it was 2 years ago, so hence the confusion. Clear as mud? :):

EDIT: and I recall after one of the mass shootings the church rolled out their anti gun policy with much fanfare as if the policy would actually prevent shootings. It was all over the news and interwebz.

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I've never known the Catholic Church to be very gun friendly.

Change your parish then. Most of the parish priests I know in Indy have no trouble allowing you to CC at Mass...some parish churches in the southern end of the Archdiocese even have a couple of turkeys shoots every year for fundraising.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Change your parish then.

Not going to happen at this point for family reasons. Even if the pastor is gun-friendly, there is a school physically attached to the church. My comment was of a more general nature from my experience within numerous parishes in all parts of the country and even military parishes.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I wish my church had a shooting group/club.

Then again, there are only a precious handful of people in my church that know I have anything to do with firearms - and I'm OK with that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A year or so ago, I was in a conversation with some guys from the Avoca Baptist Church where they talked about their church's shooting club or get-togethers or whatevery you want to call it. But they were doing it as a church function. Ours doesn't have one but I know a number of us are..."enthusiasts".

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    My friend goes to Brookville Road Christian Church on the east side of Indy and he organizes their instructional gun group, hold shooting training periodically, etc. If you want to talk with him, PM me and I'll give you his contact information.

Mike

Top Bottom