• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is why even law abiding citizens do not trust the police as a whole. Because a lot of them lie and other police even from different departments sometimes back them up. I guess they shouldn't have assumed this guy was a broke college student or something trying to earn money from uber, because turns out he was an attorney. I almost heard the poop hit this officers shorts when he said I'm an attorney.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...record-police-its-not/?utm_term=.36b01453fb38

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I have a hunch that the short term promotion opportunities for the officer in question are not all that good.
    Let's hope that he learns the error of his ways and goes on to be more honest in his future dealings with the public.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This just happened to my daughter and her bf. Stopped, accused of having drugs, ordered out of the car and made to wait for officer chompy to get a big nose full of nothing. Have a nice day they told them.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Some people don't trust some police, true, and yes, this is one reason why. The other side of that is that the reason that many, and I dare say most, if not all police officers don't trust most non-LEO citizens is because many/most citizens with whom they have contact lie to them in one way or another, whether it's "do you know why I pulled you over?" or "how much have you had to drink tonight?" (The answer to that latter question is almost invariably, "two beers", BTW. When I was on the truck full time, I was tempted a few times to ask, "Just what were those two beers served in, 55 gallon drums?") :40oz::alcoholic:

I'm not a fan of someone using a position of authority to lie to me to attempt to prove me guilty of something or to conceal their own misconduct. I know that some of our officers here have defended the practice with claims such as expediency or the like, and I do understand where they're coming from. That doesn't mean that I agree with it, only that I understand their position. We're not going to stop citizens from lying to the police, given that doing so is already a crime. Perhaps proof that an officer has done so should be grounds for either a disciplinary action or for a loss of the officer's "qualified immunity" from prosecution in that case or for some set time period.

This isn't a "slam" or anything on you, Trigger. I just know that I've seen enough and been told of enough that demonizing all or even most police officers is not, IMHO, the way to go. It does make for a problem of knowing which ones you can trust, though.

Blessings,
    Bill

This is why even law abiding citizens do not trust the police as a whole. Because a lot of them lie and other police even from different departments sometimes back them up. I guess they shouldn't have assumed this guy was a broke college student or something trying to earn money from uber, because turns out he was an attorney. I almost heard the poop hit this officers shorts when he said I'm an attorney.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...record-police-its-not/?utm_term=.36b01453fb38

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This just happened to my daughter and her bf. Stopped, accused of having drugs, ordered out of the car and made to wait for officer chompy to get a big nose full of nothing. Have a nice day they told them.

I don't know if it is true or not, nor where to look to find out for myself, however the whole "made to wait" part raises for me the question: I thought I read that officers cannot make you wait longer than the duration of a normal traffic stop for a dog to be brought to perform the search. I welcome correction on that point, if it is false or if stated incorrectly.

Blessings,
    Bill

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I don't know if it is true or not, nor where to look to find out for myself, however the whole "made to wait" part raises for me the question: I thought I read that officers cannot make you wait longer than the duration of a normal traffic stop for a dog to be brought to perform the search. I welcome correction on that point, if it is false or if stated incorrectly.

Blessings,
    Bill

Watch " Cops " on tv for a few hours. You will see endless cars being pulled over for a brake or tag light out and then loads of fishing and plenty of I just radioed for a dog, are you sure you have nothing to hide? Trying to get consent to a search.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Watch " Cops " on tv for a few hours. You will see endless cars being pulled over for a brake or tag light out and then loads of fishing and plenty of I just radioed for a dog, are you sure you have nothing to hide? Trying to get consent to a search.

Just because it's done does not make it legal. If the person doesn't object or make a complaint, there's no reason the activity needs to be investigated and brought into the public spotlight. Also, not all of those shows are recorded in Indiana, i.e. might be legal elsewhere, but not here, or vice versa.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just because it's done does not make it legal. If the person doesn't object or make a complaint, there's no reason the activity needs to be investigated and brought into the public spotlight. Also, not all of those shows are recorded in Indiana, i.e. might be legal elsewhere, but not here, or vice versa.
    It isn't like the vast majority of people know their rights or the law in these instances. The police in these cases are counting on the lack of knowledge by their victims.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Our "war on drugs" at its finest.

Top Bottom