Nazi Flag Display on Emerson Avenue (Indy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like it.

Just like the quote from a famous black person that I cant recall. Something like "I prefer it when they wear the sheets. At least it is clear to me where they stand on the issue."

He's still a jackwagon.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    35c39fl.jpg

Quite the collection. I have to wonder what the dog is thinking. :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As I look at Route45's screen grab, I think it further reinforces my point.

OK, so you collect Nazi flags/memorabilia and you arent a racist. Ummm... OK. (I guess) The flag on the pole appears to be from a Nazi division I am unfamiliar with? Care to 'splain that one?

For the record, either/or I could see being innocent enough. Together? That could lead to some 'splainin to do. You're a southern* redneck with an axe to grind against the aggressions of the north but not a racist? OK.

You collect nazi memorabilia but arent a racist? OK, you like history. (but I'm rather skeptical) Together? I have to call shenanigans on THAT one. The parallels are just too close to ignore.

*I cant help but notice a distinct lack of southern drawl. I could give him a pass as a rebel proud of his southern heritage, but no. Not this time. His collective actions speak louder than his (northern) words. But I still think he is within his rights to be a jackwagon.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Just go to any of our "institutions of higher learning" and you'll see plenty of students proudly holding up signs that declare "HATE SPEECH IS NOT FREE SPEECH!"
    This clown is about as much threat to society as a horsefly, quite the contrary to an entire generation that will inherit the U.S. with no respect whatsoever for our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Oh, look... The media throws a hissy fit over an individual practicing their first amendment rights again.

Guess the days of ignoring the crazy people are officially over, must have been a slow news day.

P.S. I'll never understand how the swastika is any more offensive than the hammer and sickle. I guess if you kill tens of millions it's horrible, but if you clear the hundred million mark it's somehow better.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe the gent just took out a quarter million dollar insurance policy on the place? ;)

The news interview I seen on CBS4 had an interesting "witness." Smart fellow who knew it was not against the law, so he didn't report it to the police. He did point out that he immediately "reported" it on facebook though... :n00b:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Times have sure changed.
    I remember when I was going to IU Bloomington in the 1975-76 school year I lived in Wilkie South.

A guy who lived in Wilkie South on another floor had a HUGE Nazi flag that is father had personally captured in WW II.

He had it in the window of his room for several weeks, and his room was in the front.
    This flag was visible for quite a distance, and I NEVER heard of anybody saying this student was a Nazi.

Everybody around knew it was a war trophy, and the student was proud of his father for having fought the Nazi's.
    We thought it was a cool war trophy, because it represented VICTORY over Nazism.

EVEN THEN, IU Bloomington was a pretty left wing place, yet there was no stink raised over this.

I can only imagine what would happen there today over this! :):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I vote jackwagon. 1A right? Sure, don't need to protect inoffensive speech. Just like it's my 1A right to vote jackwagon (more like a**hole).

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    While I have reservations as to just being a collector, I can't help but notice the battle flag of Gen. Lee's army of Northern Virginia. Those certainly cast doubt on this mans reasoning but it's still his protected right. Maybe he is a collector, can't call him racist simply for owning something that maybe a piece of history. If we did that then wouldn't any of us who own a Mosin Nagant or K98 Mauser or Japanese Arisaka be judged as equally racist? I will use myself as an example. My family has a strong southern heritage, I have a small collection of Civil War(reproduction) items. I also have a small collection of WWII items. My civil war collection has stuff representing both sides and yes all 3 Flags of the Confederacy and the battle flag of Northern VIrginia (which was never the flag of the Confederacy). My WWII collection includes Mosin Nagants and a K98 Mauser..but just having these items doesn't make me a racist. IMHO the real issue is the manner in which this individual has them displayed, and other peoples speculation/associating those with hate.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh, it's pretty much certain he's at least stirring the pot. Maybe he's trying to be offensive. Maybe he's trying to make some kind of point. Maybe he's a racist idiot. Maybe he's just a nutty old coot.

Who cares? I've yet to hear of a colorful piece of cloth attacking someone of its own volition, and apparently he hasn't caused trouble in the past, at least not that I've heard.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Maybe he is just tired of SJWs and decided to put up every flag he could get that would offend them.

A lot of those types find the Gadsden flag to be just as offensive.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Asshattery is a protected 1A right. Doesn't make it non-asshattery, though.

I have no problem with the MSM bringing such asshattery to light.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Never saw a NAZI flag with the white stripe around it but I'm no expert. For a flag that's over 70 years old it looks pretty good.

Never could figure the southern flag being displayed up north, but that's another topic.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Oh, it's pretty much certain he's at least stirring the pot. Maybe he's trying to be offensive. Maybe he's trying to make some kind of point. Maybe he's a racist idiot. Maybe he's just a nutty old coot.

Who cares? I've yet to hear of a colorful piece of cloth attacking someone of its own volition, and apparently he hasn't caused trouble in the past, at least not that I've heard.

hit the nail on the head. This gentleman ( I use that term lightly) comes into the store where I work. I have dealt with him many times. I never got racist idiot from him, he does have a lot of points to make, but he's definitely nutty and a class A *******.

I drive past his house 4 times a day, to and from work, to and from taking my son to school. I HAVE NEVER seen the Nazi flag flying. It's obvious he has flown it, pictures to prove it, but he doesn't fly it 24/7 like his Rebel Flag and his Gadsden Flag.

The furor on bookoffaces is what really got my ire up. The citizens of Irvington are some of the most judgemental, hateful people, if you posted that you stood up for his right to fly the flag, then you are a Nazi sympathizer. His free speech stops where it starts to offend me. I'm offended, but I stand for his right to fly it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom