Do We Really Need an Excise Commission and Police Force?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    151 Arrests or citations in Bloomington this weekend for alcohol, marijuana and traffic violations.

I don't know much about these guys, but it sure sounds Puritanical. Is this a holdover from Blue Law days? Is this why I can't buy a cold beer at a mini-mart on Sunday?

Is this ridiculous?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    151 Arrests or citations in Bloomington this weekend for alcohol, marijuana and traffic violations.

I don't know much about these guys, but it sure sounds Puritanical. Is this a holdover from Blue Law days? Is this why I can't buy a cold beer at a mini-mart on Sunday?

Is this ridiculous?

Not ridiculous, not a holdover, just the iron laws of bureaucracy and human nature.

Weber: once a bureaucracy loses sight of its goal it redoubles its efforts.

Human Nature: the law exists to attack others who might be having more fun than me.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would imagine I'll be seeing some of those folks along the highway in the near future.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    The students don't seem to care about the level of enforcement if 151 were arrested. Little 500 weekend always has many arrests. They even provide a work release program just to clear the courts.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Little 500 weekend has always been income day for the police and the city of Bloomington. I would guess many of the alcohol related "issues" are age related.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    As a veteran of many Little 5 celebrations, I feel confident in saying there are many people who deserve to be arrested.

My guess is most of the real troublemakers aren't even IU students or from Bloomington. At least that's the way it was back in the day.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    As a veteran of many Little 5 celebrations, I feel confident in saying there are many people who deserve to be arrested.

My guess is most of the real troublemakers aren't even IU students or from Bloomington. At least that's the way it was back in the day.

the medians never looked so clean the week after :):

Top Bottom