• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    WIBC Host Greg Garrison Announces Retirement from Weekday Show | 93.1 WIBC

INDIANAPOLIS--Indianapolis radio legend Greg Garrison today announced his retirement from the rigors of his weekday show on Indy’s news/talk leader, WIBC 93.1FM, but will remain part of the WIBC family.

His last day on-air with his show, Garrison (airing daily 11a-1p) will be Friday, June 9th. He will remain involved at WIBC by writing a weekly column for the 93.1 WIBC, doing regular commentary on-air, and by serving as a contributing legal expert for WIBC news and programs.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm rooting for Greg's (and Mike Pence's) long time producer Todd Meyer to bring his "Side Show" Saturday show to the Garrison Show time slot. I'd like to see a show that can at least attempt to stay on local issues.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    wow the Facebook comments are not very nice. I've listened to him for a while and never been that put off by him.

Jason

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm rooting for Greg's (and Mike Pence's) long time producer Todd Meyer to bring his "Side Show" Saturday show to the Garrison Show time slot. I'd like to see a show that can at least attempt to stay on local issues.
    I was thinking the same thing. It's almost like they did the Side Show as a tryout

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I used to think Kirk was Greg Garrison when I first joined INGO. Must be the editorial voice of lawyers...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I listened to his show in the background when I was working at home. I first heard him while driving around the circle on my way somewhere else and looked him up. While I might miss his voice on issues I can say that being retired is not over rated. I wish him many happy years trying not to pay attention. I look forward to that time again myself.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've listened to him over the years, and agree with most of what he says.
    Every now and then he says something that has me talking back to the radio. ;)
    But I will miss his show.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I'll miss him. I find his views and arguments to be logical and down to earth....but I understand why he's retiring.

Plus I think he comes off as a decent person whom I'd enjoy having a conversation with.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I really enjoy his show. listen to it at my desk almost every day. Have for years. I especially like his regular guests that bring the days events/topics into laser focus like no single host could.

I think most of the haters on his announcement are liberal left and anarchist/anarchist leaning libertarians. He's too religious right for the left, and too big govt/big biz REPUBLICAN for the Libertarians. (if I could emphasize that more I would)

I too think Todd's new program was a trial balloon or a way to let him stretch his legs and grow a bit more. I hope it sticks because Todd does a decent enough job for him when he is gone. I've noticed the questions he chimes in with to the guests are most times near or on par with the counselor's own. I cant think of another show where the producer is allowed such input. In the last couple years, Todd has been more co host than producer. Granted I dont enjoy Todd's voice or style as much as Greg's but thats just me.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Chalk me up as yet another GG fan, but it's perfectly understandable why he's retiring, his fragile voice, to name just one obvious example.
    I think Todd will do just fine in his stead, and if not, my vote goes for Tony Katz.
    I just hope that GG is able to enjoy a long, healthy retirement; he earned it.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Years ago, I figured out that he was way too Republican for my tastes. Almost a shill/talking head for the GOP - almost Rush-like levels of sycophantry.

Then, right around the time of Hurricane Katrina I swore off all political talk radio and really couldn't be happier with that decision.

I wish him well as a man.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I found him to be more conservative than party affiliated. Certainly that means many left leaning people would not like what he said. His guests tend to be intelligent with well though out opinions...like Victor David Hanson.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Years ago, I figured out that he was way too Republican for my tastes. Almost a shill/talking head for the GOP - almost Rush-like levels of sycophantry.

Then, right around the time of Hurricane Katrina I swore off all political talk radio and really couldn't be happier with that decision.

I wish him well as a man.

You obviously never listened to him enough to hear him lambaste Republicans whenever they strayed from conservative principles, something that he has had to do more often than I'm sure he would have liked.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    I feel fortunate to have listened to Garrison for years and have come to respect him, even if we disagree on something once in awhile ( If everyone thinks alike, the world would be a boring place.) His show will be missed by many. I wish him the best.

Top Bottom