• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    She is 'intersectional' (did I use that correctly) with several protected classes, so she may be right (in today's America)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Given that Congress often exempts themselves from laws that apply to everyone else, in violation of the Constitution's prohibition on a class of nobility in Art. I Sec. 9, I can see why she would think different rules applied to her. I also can't discount a similar belief to which some in the comments gave voice, that it might have to do with her being either Black, female, or both, giving her that misconception that rights differ for her from those of everyone else. It also could be she believes not that she is superior, but that we who own guns are knuckle-dragging Neanderthals or otherwise sub-human, and thus, the rights that the majority enjoy are not applicable to us.

Sadly, I've seen that latter belief here as well, though applied to non-citizens or to other groups a given poster (not pointing any fingers) wishes to marginalize. The Founders were clear in recognizing that our rights do not come as a consequence of citizenship, but as a by-product of being human, children of our Creator. And yes, they were mistaken in the belief that both women and people-who-didn't-look-just-like-them were less than human, in both cases viewing women and Blacks as property, but that belief explains why the rights were understood to not be theirs to enjoy.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom