• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    [video=youtube;dMkUaZMnIE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMkUaZMnIE8[/video]

Erdogan's bodyguards accused of attacking protesters outside Turkish Embassy in DC | Fox News

As ugly as this was, it could have been worse. All it would have taken would have been a Turkish security goon to draw his pistol.
    (I'm assuming that they are armed, being Erdogan's security detail)

And with diplomatic immunity, he'd likely skate.

Thats infuriating to watch, as cops shoo the suits back for egregious acts, while arresting protestors.

EDIT: The only thing I wish is that the suits would have gotten a snoot full of pepper spray or a couple wollops from a baton. They at least deserve a couple bruises and inflamed mucous membranes/burning.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    [video=youtube;dMkUaZMnIE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMkUaZMnIE8[/video]

As ugly as this was, it could have been worse. All it would have taken would have been a Turkish security goon to draw his pistol.
    (I'm assuming that they are armed, being Erdogan's security detail)

...or a camera operator, who moved freely throughout the scene for two minutes before being corralled "across the street" to yell some jibberish like "Aloha Snackbar" and then detonate. Great camera control, BTW. How did they manage to maintain a bird's eye view of everything while moving and recording?

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    You know, I'm not sure why this happened, but with the crap we see from the ANTIFA crowd right now, I'm not at all surprised. Kudos to the police in doing their best not to become the center of attention here. I cannot say enough how thankful I am for their continued service in the current social atmosphere. Don't forget that not very long ago those boys in blue were the intended shooting targets of the very people they serve and protect. And it was held as an ok thing to do by a large enough portion of our society. My first reaction to this sort of happening is one of disgust that we cannot have a foreign diplomat feel safe in our homeland.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Were citizens able to be armed in DC...

This.

So what happens if this were in a jurisdiction where a protestor, or even a curious passerby, is carrying and some dervish jumps him, with the end result being the armed victim aerates him?

Diplomatic immunity doesn't make ya bulletproof.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    You know, I'm not sure why this happened, but with the crap we see from the ANTIFA crowd right now, I'm not at all surprised. Kudos to the police in doing their best not to become the center of attention here. I cannot say enough how thankful I am for their continued service in the current social atmosphere. Don't forget that not very long ago those boys in blue were the intended shooting targets of the very people they serve and protect. And it was held as an ok thing to do by a large enough portion of our society. My first reaction to this sort of happening is one of disgust that we cannot have a foreign diplomat feel safe in our homeland.

Wow. I don't even know HOW to respond. The Turkish Goons attacked the protesters. The Protesters simply were voicing their opinions.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My first reaction to this sort of happening is one of disgust that we cannot have a foreign diplomat feel safe in our homeland.

I'm not sure what video you watched, but the one that I posted clearly shows the protestors being attacked by Erdogan's thugs, who crossed the street to do so. I generally don't side with the types who are prone to protest, but these protestors were not antifa or anything close. It's my understanding that they were mostly Kurdish Americans.

Personally, I would have loved to have seen a couple of these Turkish goons get ventilated.

Now....if it would have been Turkish goons kicking the hell out of antifa commies....well, that's the very definition of mixed emotions for me. :):

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    What you don't see in the video (at least what I viewed from what you posted) is how this actually started. You so see a couple guys crossing the street, but what provoked it? You also see the bodygaurds with the upper hand, but I cannot say that winner/loser exactly sways my opinion. Maybe I'm not up and up on the political times right now to have a good background on information that would assist me in this, but I cannot stand to think that our Commander in Chief was to have an appointment with a dignitary from another nation and we (Americans) cannot be trusted to keep things cordial.

What news am I missing then, that makes this sort of thing ok on the protestors part?

I'm not familiar with many protestors that I could side with, myself. Maybe that makes me too biased.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    What you don't see in the video (at least what I viewed from what you posted) is how this actually started. You so see a couple guys crossing the street, but what provoked it? You also see the bodygaurds with the upper hand, but I cannot say that winner/loser exactly sways my opinion. Maybe I'm not up and up on the political times right now to have a good background on information that would assist me in this, but I cannot stand to think that our Commander in Chief was to have an appointment with a dignitary from another nation and we (Americans) cannot be trusted to keep things cordial.

What news am I missing then, that makes this sort of thing ok on the protestors part?

I'm not familiar with many protestors that I could side with, myself. Maybe that makes me too biased.
    Fair point about not seeing the whole event and what might have provoked the turkish guards. Nonetheless, politicians--from wherever--are not entitled to immunity from protest. What we CAN see in the video, turkish guards attacked peaceful protesters. Given the nature of erdogan's regime, that's not of character

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Relying solely on the video, I can't think of anything offhand that would justify foreign agents crossing the street and pushing past the police to beat the crap out of American citizens holding protest signs on American soil. The Turks claim it was "self defense," but the video seems to prove otherwise. One would think that if the protestors had weapons that the police on the scene would have addressed such a threat, or the Turks would have (reasonably) drawn weapons.

Do you find a justification for kicking an old man with a bullhorn in the face while he is on the ground? Sounds like something Antifa would get off on.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Relying solely on the video, I can't think of anything offhand that would justify foreign agents crossing the street and pushing past the police to beat the crap out of American citizens holding protest signs on American soil. The Turks claim it was "self defense," but the video seems to prove otherwise. One would think that if the protestors had weapons that the police on the scene would have addressed such a threat, or the Turks would have (reasonably) drawn weapons.

Do you find a justification for kicking an old man with a bullhorn in the face while he is on the ground? Sounds like something Antifa would get off on.

It didn`t seem that police were very interested in getting the bodyguards under control. They seemed intent on dealing with the protesters however.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Those thugs were pissed they were allowed to speak like that. In their homeland, those protesters would be herded into a van and never heard from again. They were obviously upset that we are allowed to say and do things like that here. They just had to get in what little punishment they could for disrespecting their boss and dear leader.

It didn`t seem that police were very interested in getting the bodyguards under control. They seemed intent on dealing with the protesters however.

This. They politely grab them and shove them back onto their side of the street. (professional courtesy?) I think you can see an officer pull a female thug back and push her toward the embassy side, and she then runs around behind him on his blind side as he is dealing with somebody else, and then runs across the street into the park toward a cluster of others.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I'm not trying to be a jerk off here. If I sound like an idiot, its an education thing. I got a negative rep from someone for a "stupid comment" because these people have s right to protest and not get beat up. So, insofar as I can tell in the video, its not clear who initiated the physical end state. I could be wrong, as I sometimes am, but if you're going to tell me I'm am idiot why not get it out here in the open? Try a bit of educating

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm not trying to be a jerk off here. If I sound like an idiot, its an education thing. I got a negative rep from someone for a "stupid comment" because these people have s right to protest and not get beat up. So, insofar as I can tell in the video, its not clear who initiated the physical end state. I could be wrong, as I sometimes am, but if you're going to tell me I'm am idiot why not get it out here in the open? Try a bit of educating

I agree. I cant think of anything the protesters could do from the far side of the street that would warrant this type of physical response from his bodyguards. They just got butthurt because of some words and decided to do what thugs do best.

It was just thugs being thugs.

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    Free speech is a scary weapon in the right hands. Diplomatic immunity should not apply...didn't see anything diplomatic about that(lol).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

It was bound to happen eventually. I agree.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Turkey has really gone down the toilet with this Islamist ******* in charge there.
    Through the Cold War, they were one of our best allies, so this is the unintended consequences of a common enemy being neutralized and sectarianism filling the void.
    Scumbags like Erdogan flourish in the ME, while the few good guys such as Sadat get assassinated.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    The Kurds were protesting that their main political outlet being labeled as a "terrorist" organization by Turkey. If you get a chance, read up on the Kurds. They are about the only group in the region I would want to do business with. But the Turks fear them because they want an autonomous government.

It isn't like Turkey is exactly stellar on respecting minority rights: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

Top Bottom