• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Merkel: Europe 'can no longer rely on allies' after Trump and Brexit - BBC News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/05/28/thanks-to-trump-germany-says-it-cant-rely-on-america-what-does-that-mean/?utm_term=.56406e1afe43

Merkel: Europe can?t rely on allies anymore | New York Post

It seems that Chancellor Merkel isn't happy that the party is over so far as Britain is tired of being her b**ch and Trump isn't going to allow NATO to function on our dime without the other member countries in the alliance contributing their share of the defense spending per the treaty.

Sorry there Angela, you can't continue to [STRIKE]rely on[/STRIKE] abuse your allies. Get over it!

Oh, I almost forgot, our domestic leftists are crying right along with her. Imagine that.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    One of my left leaning friends shared this on Facebook today. Someone mentioned that they need to pay their fair share. The reply was that the plan is for Germany to be " up to 2% of NATO spending by 2022". If I recall correctly we foot the bill for roughly 75% of NATO's budget as of right now. Hmm!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Tears, indeed. The Germans have, what, 900,000 fresh muslim immigrants they need to support? All by themselves?

They had best get to it. If you're going to be the "Cat Lady of Europe"...you better have one heck of a mouse in your pocket, because we didn't sign up for that.

We're still assimilating the offspring of the refugees you sent over here, the _last_ time y'all decided to get bat guano crazy in the 1940s...south Indy is full of them ;)

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    [video=youtube;westm8bmf2E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=westm8bmf2E[/video]

And people wonder why she has become so despised?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Merkel: Europe 'can no longer rely on allies' after Trump and Brexit - BBC News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...a-what-does-that-mean/?utm_term=.56406e1afe43

Merkel: Europe can?t rely on allies anymore | New York Post

It seems that Chancellor Merkel isn't happy that the party is over so far as Britain is tired of being her b**ch and Trump isn't going to allow NATO to function on our dime without the other member countries in the alliance contributing their share of the defense spending per the treaty.

Sorry there Angela, you can't continue to [STRIKE]rely on[/STRIKE] abuse your allies. Get over it!

Oh, I almost forgot, our domestic leftists are crying right along with her. Imagine that.

It's fun watching as people reject utopia.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    As a soon-to-be-former-European it appears to me that Ms. Merkel is about to learn that freedom is not in fact free. The majority of Europeans have forgotten that the United States has guaranteed the safety of Europe since the end of WWII through blood, sweat, and gold while Europe rebuilt and put their money towards social welfare rather than defense. How European nations choose to spend their money is of course their prerogative. But so is America's choice on how she spends her own money.

NATO and the UN require minimum levels of contribution to be a member. Like any club if you refuse to pay your share your commitment and membership may be called into question. The German attitude to defense and NATO is no different than that nuisance room mate who can find beer money, but who is always short when the rent is due.

The truth is not that a German lead Europe cannot trust her allies. It is that her allies cannot trust her.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    [video=youtube;westm8bmf2E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=westm8bmf2E[/video]

And people wonder why she has become so despised?

By who?... not by Germans. I pesonally think it's odd too, but Germans aren't really patriotic. You're average American would be considered insanely patriotic, compared to a German. You very rarely, except for certain events (i.e. Reunification Day) see their flag flown, and some outright refuse to do it. From my understanding, it's considered an nationalist act, and harkens back to darker times.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    By who?... not by Germans. I pesonally think it's odd too, but Germans aren't really patriotic. You're average American would be considered insanely patriotic, compared to a German. You very rarely, except for certain events (i.e. Reunification Day) see their flag flown, and some outright refuse to do it. From my understanding, it's considered an nationalist act, and harkens back to darker times.

Interesting thought. Perhaps this explains their self-destructive activities--some kind of self-imposed penance for the deeds of people long dead. Stupid but understandable.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Interesting thought. Perhaps this explains their self-destructive activities--some kind of self-imposed penance for the deeds of people long dead. Stupid but understandable.

That's exactly what it is. Supercharged white guilt.
    I wonder if the pendulum will swing the other way anytime soon.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Take a read of Shelby Steele's columns on the subject and you'll get the idea.

I think simply saying "German Warmonging" guilt probably would suffice... especially when you consider the history of Nazi Germany, and the Middle East. The Nazi's actively supported, and courted, Muslims in the Middle East. Indeed, they were allies. The Wehrmacht had a very colorful army, which could be quite diverse in certain theaters. Nazi Germany had no issue killing white people as quickly as they would anyone else. Is out remembrance of history so bad, that this isn't known?

But still, I'm interested in seeing what Shelby Steele has to say. Anything particular I should seek?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I think simply saying "German Warmonging" guilt probably would suffice... especially when you consider the history of Nazi Germany, and the Middle East. The Nazi's actively supported, and courted, Muslims in the Middle East. Indeed, they were allies. The Wehrmacht had a very colorful army, which could be quite diverse in certain theaters. Nazi Germany had no issue killing white people as quickly as they would anyone else. Is out remembrance of history so bad, that this isn't known?

But still, I'm interested in seeing what Shelby Steele has to say. Anything particular I should seek?

I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't read either of these books, but I've read several of his columns on the subject, columns that (for some reason) I'm having a tough time locating.
    https://www.amazon.com/White-Guilt-...&qid=1496093311&sr=8-2&keywords=shelby+steele
    https://www.amazon.com/Shame-Americ...&qid=1496093311&sr=8-1&keywords=shelby+steele

He's a brilliant guy.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    "White guilt?" What in the hell are you talking about?

I would wager that he is suggesting that the way Germans view their history is a supercharged version of how leftists are trying to get white folks in the USA to feel about their own history.

Uber alles in der veld is not very politically correct. White guilt is very politically correct.

Top Bottom