• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    2cckoqh.jpg

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/0...roceedings-raise-opposition-sanctuary-cities/

Illegals pledge to "resist" all summer.
    Somebody is going to catch a bullet before this is over.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've recently read a few biographies that just happened to cover law enforcement in Texas from around 1880-1940. Juries let men off with murder because the murder was done because of a slight to honor. You could punch a defense attorney who impugned your honor on the stand and pay a $15 fine then go back to work. Blood feuds were more common in the Lone Star state than I ever would have imagined.

Maybe Texas is returning to its roots. ;)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So, a group of individuals who are breaking the law, this results in an elected official reporting it to a federal law enforcement agency. As a federal employee who is required by law to report to report criminal activity to law enforcement all I can say is, it's about damn time.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    “I called ICE on several illegal immigrants who held signs in the gallery that said, ‘I am an illegal immigrant and here to stay,’ ”

"Matt Rinaldi gave the perfect example of why there's a problem with SB 4," said state Rep. Ramon Romero, D-Fort Worth. "Matt Rinaldi looked into the gallery and saw Hispanic people and automatically assumed they were undocumented. He racially profiled every single person that was in the gallery today. He created the scenario that so many of us fear."

So, if you are not totally ok and accepting of an illegal alien holding up a sign stating that they are an illegal alien, and "here to stay", then you are a racist... I call ef'ing BS. This truly is the issue with sanctuary cities.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, if you are not totally ok and accepting of an illegal alien holding up a sign stating that they are an illegal alien, and "here to stay", then you are a racist... I call ef'ing BS. This truly is the issue with sanctuary cities.

Well, it kinda makes you wonder why the legislators who called ICE, thought it would be a good idea to to turn to the Democrats and tell them that he was calling ICE? It's obvious he was looking for a response, specifically, from them and wasn't actually concerned about the people claiming to be illegal immigrants. What sense does it make to tip off folks that the fuzz is coming if you want them caught? Why not just call them, keep your mouth shut, and when ICE does arrive go :dunno: "where'd they come from?" lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, it kinda makes you wonder why the legislators who called ICE, thought it would be a good idea to to turn to the Democrats and tell them that he was calling ICE? It's obvious he was looking for a response, specifically, from them and wasn't actually concerned about the people claiming to be illegal immigrants. What sense does it make to tip off folks that the fuzz is coming if you want them caught? Why not just call them, keep your mouth shut, and when ICE does arrive go :dunno: "where'd they come from?" lol

He was "Outing" them Kut. Actually a pretty good move if you look at it from their camp.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

I'll agree he quite possibly was looking for a response, but in the article he also stated this.
    He said he called law enforcement “to incentivize them to leave the House.”

“They were disrupting,” he said. “They were breaking the law.”

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When someone is in violation of the law and proudly proclaiming it, I could not care less why someone calls law enforcement on them.

Grandstanding? Don't care. Grandstanding does not violate of the law.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

And, makes you wonder why a state legislator (the Democrat) would react physically to being told that law enforcement had been called?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Did ICE show? The last time I called them (on a guy who was under arrest, admitted to being an illegal, and had some pretty quality forged documents) all I got was a lecture on assuming the guy was illegal...

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Did ICE show? The last time I called them (on a guy who was under arrest, admitted to being an illegal, and had some pretty quality forged documents) all I got was a lecture on assuming the guy was illegal...

Was that before, or after, January 20th? I'm guessing I know the answer... :)

Top Bottom