Page 110 of 148 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1480
    Quote Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
    Well you did add a few i hadn't thought of, and at least one I had thought might very well be an issue for him but I forgot about.

However i I really think the evidence we strongly show at some point unless people start boycotting his resorts that wealth was not one of them. In fact it appears that due to his position he may very well benefit from it.

Lost friends??

I truly believe he doesn't see being the President as much a sacrifice as it would be an ego trip. After all this is the guy that said 'I'm President and your not". He also is the one that ochrestrates the embarrassing compliment fests such as his cabinet meeting just last week.
    THERE IS NO FORMER MODERN PRESIDENT THAT DIDNT HAVE AN EGO. Regardless of morals or party affiliation. Hell obama was more snarky and egotistical than trump. He just sold it better because he was a true politician. Also obama was very vengeful. If you went against him publicly he was coming after you and probably broke the law in many instances but we will have to wait and see how well of a breadcrumb trail he left back to himself.
    personally I think it's funny when he throws the fact that he won in hillarys face because she is a troll and an evil person that is no friend to America. So I don't care about anything that is hurtful to her from a "words" standpoint. I don't wish her any physical harm, but I do wish for her to be in jail one day.

Sharpshooter
    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Apparently.

If this is what you're saying, yes. I think Trump is more divisive than not, but the straw Trump is much more divisive than the real one. For example, "Trump is literally Hitler!" is what the people doing the violence believe. That's hyperbole. I don't think Trump is a fascist by the actual definition of fascist. Certainly he's not more fascist than "ANTIFA", ironically. And I think he's no more racist than the average American. But the people who think he's the most divisive president think those things about him because the media tells us that he is.
    I didn't even use the word Hitler during this discussion. So this is yours and others words. All I said was he is devisive. He's President, we could do without it.

Sharpshooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    THERE IS NO FORMER MODERN PRESIDENT THAT DIDNT HAVE AN EGO. Regardless of morals or party affiliation. personally I think it's funny when he throws the fact that he won in hillarys face because she is a troll and an evil person that is no friend to America. So I don't care about anything that is hurtful to her from a "words" standpoint. I don't wish her any physical harm, but I do wish for her to be in jail one day.
    Yes, yes, no room for agreement here.

Look, Trump is a freakishly different. He just is.

Divisiveness for divisiveness' sake? We can do without. Divisive because some people have really bad ideas and compromise isn't a path to where you want to be? Not so much of a problem.
    "I was unarmed except for my wits...so I was unarmed."

Yes, yes, no room for agreement here.

Look, Trump is a freakishly different. He just is.
    i added some to my comment by edit.
    Also I want to add that I don't even pretend to know about trumps businesses but I doubt if his resorts are
    even bringin in half of his income. I think his building ventures and such would be much more profitable than clubs and resorts.
    maybe I'm wrong. In turn I'm sure obama being president didn't hurt his book sales either. Nor trumps. There is an unavoidable financial benefit to being president.
    as long as political decisions aren't based on personal financial gain then I don't have an issue with it.
    but this is pretty much why congress exists and people Become a career politician. It's financially rewarding and power too. It's a corrupt system

Sharpshooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    i added some to my comment by edit.
    Also I want to add that I don't even pretend to know about trumps businesses but I doubt if his resorts are
    even bringin in half of his income. I think his building ventures and such would be much more profitable than clubs and resorts.
    maybe I'm wrong. In turn I'm sure obama being president didn't hurt his book sales either. Nor trumps. There is an unavoidable financial benefit to being president.
    as long as political decisions aren't based on personal financial gain then I don't have an issue with it.
    but this is pretty much why congress exists and people Become a career politician. It's financially rewarding and power too. It's a corrupt system
    i'll have to go back and look when I get time, but I have to leave now.

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Dude, in the late 60s I remember looking through the chain link fence surrounding my elementary school at the race riot happening at the junior high school on the other side. When was the last time your junior high school had a full on race riot? And this was not isolated. This happened across America. Turbulent times.

There was a social revolution then. There's a social revolution now. And now is starting to smell a lot like then. But we're not quite there yet.

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)" title="Name: Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 2.16.32 PM.jpg Views: 83 Size: 45.2 KB">Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 2.16.32 PM.jpg

Almost time!
    Get some! Get some!

Its the mob mentality. He says things like if you hit him I'll pay your legal fees and lock her up. There's a difference between I believe Hillary is guilty and chanting lock her up. Words like these are dangerous especially when used in a crowd where it can turn into a mob or incite and give excuse to the individual to hit someone like has taken place at some of his rallies. Is the guy who hit the person guilty? Yes, he is still guilty. Was Trump being irresponsible and dangerous given the circumstances. Most assuredly he was.

Is Trump a leader? Yes, yes he is. Are these kind of words divisive? Yes, yes they are. Is Trump a responsible leader? No, no he is not.
    IIRC the comment you are thinking of about he would pay their legal bills was either at the rally where a "protestor" stood up and whipped something at his head, or the one after. Paraphrasing he stated he would pay the legal bills of someone who defended him. Which self defense or defense of others is a valid legal defense. I don't think lock her up is divisive, except to perhaps to her supporters. And iirc there were 2 or 3 instances at the most where one of his supporters hit a protestor, compared to how many of his supporters were attacked when at/leaving/going to his rallies?

I have listed them. Maybe it was in bits here and there, but heck Kutnupe14 provided a laundry list in this or another thread as well. I very much doubt if by re-listing them yet again and in it's entirety would change your mind. Heck I'm not sure if I could even compile a complete list as even with Kutnupe's list I identified one rather quickly that I thought he should include.

Heck at this point all I was trying to point out was that Trump is divisive. I wasn't even trying to get anybody to change their support or be a born again Christian. All I was trying to do was get more to acknowledge his words, Tweets, and actions are divisive. I wasn't even saying anything about policy, just his words, Tweets, and actions. Given how he goes about these things it seems like that would be fairly obvious and easy, but it seems this is not the case.
    I saw Kut's list, IMO most weren't divisive. Some were offensive again IMO, but not devise.

Yep, that's a good explanation. Yep, that's exactly the divisive type we need right now. Thanks for helping me make my case. And no we don't need anybody killing anybody right now.
    Being a fighter is divisive? Perhaps to those who are against you, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I would rather have a fighter for president than a wimp who rolls over for anyone.

OMG am I speaking a foreign tongue or something? I never did say Trump created the diviseness. D*** I'm just saying he's divisive and we would be much better without it coming from the President.
    Could the reason you see him as so divisive is because divisiveness from others?

As you asked me.

List them, when and where did all these occur?
    Portland, Chicago, I believe Boston, and several others. Not all included bike locks, but things like thrown or swung bottles/rocks/bricks. Skateboards, "flag polls" heck the one "protestor" just stabbed a police horse with a flagpoll that had a nail attached. Large fireworks being thrown into crowds. Pepper spray.

I truly believe he doesn't see being the President as much a sacrifice as it would be an ego trip. After all this is the guy that said 'I'm President and your not".
    I thought you were talking about Trump not Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Divisiveness for divisiveness' sake? We can do without. Divisive because some people have really bad ideas and compromise isn't a path to where you want to be? Not so much of a problem.
    Pretty much.

Livin' in the sticks!!!! ghitch75's Avatar
    here is the problem.....the left and MSM for **** like this.......

MSNBC's Joy Ann Reid attacks Scalise as he recovers in hospital | Fox News
    "I got a shotgun,rifle and 4 wheel drive and country boy can survive!!!"

I didn't even use the word Hitler during this discussion. So this is yours and others words. All I said was he is devisive. He's President, we could do without it.
    Well, don't infer things I haven't implied. I'm not saying 'you' specifically here. We're talking about Trump being divisive. I'm just saying that I think much of America thinks Trump is more divisive than he is, and especially the people doing the violence. I don't think you're doing the violence. And I don't think you're part of ANTIFA. But I do suspect you might think Trump is more divisive than he is.

Current Trump Approval rating: +8.

Latest:
    Bumped back up to 8 (from 7) for pulling out of the Paris Accord. **** that noise.