• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So, is this about to go full political? Nothing good happens after midnight.
    INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Indianapolis Metropolitan police are investigating a fatal officer-involved shooting.

It happened just before 2 a.m. near 23rd Street and Aqueduct Street on the near northwest side of the city.

According to police, this started with a traffic stop that led to a short chase. Once the chase was over, two officers discharged their weapons. A 45-year-old man was critically injured and taken to Eskenazi Hospital, where he later died. He has been identified as Aaron Bailey.

NAACP gets involved:

“Use of excessive force by law enforcement officers can no longer be tolerated in our communities. The lack of accountability erodes trust between law enforcement and the communities they serve which impedes the ability to solve crime,” Mrs. Ratcliffe said. “The NAACP is committed to a proactive approach to police shootings and all other forms of police brutality. Our solution to this egregious problem is accountability.

“It is a human and civil rights issue. When there are no systems for accountability, safety is affected and anyone can be a victim. Let Indianapolis be the last time people lose their lives and families are terrorized by a police force without accountability. Law enforcement accountability means safer communities for us all.”

IMPD chief says investigation into officer-involved shooting will take time | Fox 59

NAACP responds to police-involved shooting of Aaron Bailey | Fox 59

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    2am traffic stop, flee from officers...what could go wrong? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I expect BLM will be along shortly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So tired of this stupid ****. I if they shot him he probably earned it 9.5 times out of 10.

9.9. People can't just start flipping out everytime a black guy gets shot. Primarily because it takes away from the legitimate instances of bad shoots.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Theft w/prior conviction F6, Domestic Battery in the presence of a child F6, Auto theft w/ prior conviction F6, Battery With Bodily Injury to a Pregnant Woman F5, Resisting Law Enforcement/Use of Vehicle to Commit Offense FD, Battery by body waste FD, Robbery FB, Handgun no license habitual offender FC, Battery FD, Possession of cocaine FD, Residential entry FD, Burglary FB / Theft FD, Burglary FC, Criminal Recklessness FD, Handgun no license / Dealing a lookalike substance FC, Burglary / theft FC, Theft FD.

Just a few of the highlights....along with a slew of misdemeanor charges spanning a criminal career.

I'm not justifying anything. Just looking at the facts. (all public information)

2am traffic stop, flee from officers...what could go wrong? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

They had a small protest yesterday.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

Obviously, he shouldn`t have fled, no brainer. But fleeing isn`t a capital offense, also a no brainer...

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Theft w/prior conviction F6, Domestic Battery in the presence of a child F6, Auto theft w/ prior conviction F6, Battery With Bodily Injury to a Pregnant Woman F5, Resisting Law Enforcement/Use of Vehicle to Commit Offense FD, Battery by body waste FD, Robbery FB, Handgun no license habitual offender FC, Battery FD, Possession of cocaine FD, Residential entry FD, Burglary FB / Theft FD, Burglary FC, Criminal Recklessness FD, Handgun no license / Dealing a lookalike substance FC, Burglary / theft FC, Theft FD.

Just a few of the highlights....along with a slew of misdemeanor charges spanning a criminal career.

I'm not justifying anything. Just looking at the facts. (all public information)

But, but, he was just starting to turn his life around .....

IIRC, we had a Deputy Sheriff, talk to us, in grade school .....

He said things like, when an officer, asks you to do something, you need to do it .....

Of all the things, that I have forgotten, I remember this .....

I just cannot understand, why, when an Officer, asks someone to do something,

why don't people, just DO IT !!!!!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

This one was on a distinguished path.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Pfffft, he was younger then. He just needs a program.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If the early reports are accurate, he ran, crashed, LEO approached the car with guns drawn (which, of course, they should), then the guy reached toward the console.
    If it went down that way, he'd almost certainly be alive today if he had Super-glued his hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel or outside the window with fingers splayed.
    Dunno if they have bodycams, but those would be helpful to get to the truth, at least if the footage is of decent quality and aimed properly, something that doesn't always happen with cams because of the basic issues of a cam clipped to a person moving rapidly.
    Let's hope that the truth eventually emerges, whatever that may be.

Top Bottom