• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Send a kid to do the job because first, he doesn't know any better, and second our society will not do to a six year old what we will do to a 20 year old. Just make sure that six year old doesn't rat you out.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Send a kid to do the job because first, he doesn't know any better, and second our society will not do to a six year old what we will do to a 20 year old. Just make sure that six year old doesn't rat you out.

This. One of the organized pharmacy robbery rings was using juveniles for just this reason. They were basically sub-contractors, paid per job.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Regardless of how cliche this is, take any 6 to 8 year old without parental supervision and guidance, put them in an environment where there is little perceived hope of escaping a life of drugs and crime, and I suppose there is a possiblity you could get this type of kid that is described in the article What is so sad is this is probably not that all uncommon - perhaps just not reported.

Didn't Elvis Presley have a song about this - "In the ghetto." He buys a gun, steals a car, trys to run, but he don't get far. Guess not much has changed. Good thing we have a well funded war on poverty in this country.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    In other news, Chicago PD has stopped writing traffic violations for anything other than parking in front of a fire hydrant, a handicap space without a placard, and something called "City Sticker."

No, it's not so they can concentrate on murder. They've run out of tickets.

At some basic level I'll bet the 6 yo robber and the lack of tickets (or more likely lack of paying the vendor for ticket books) are related.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I am sure someone in Indiana sold him the gun...

And this won't be popular, but six or sixty-six, if someone pulls a pistol on you, make sure you defend yourself.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am sure someone in Indiana sold him the gun...

And this won't be popular, but six or sixty-six, if someone pulls a pistol on you, make sure you defend yourself.

If a 6 year old gets the drop on you, I'm not sure that person can adequately defend themselves in the first place. A kid that age is going to have to shoot me, if I can't outsmart or overpower them before becoming a victim. I'd chalk my death up to darwinism.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Didn't read the article, but based on the comments here, I can only say that six is young enough that a few solid trips to the woodshed might have a chance of saving him.

Maybe.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Didn't read the article, but based on the comments here, I can only say that six is young enough that a few solid trips to the woodshed might have a chance of saving him.

Maybe.

I'm thinking NOT ! I would suggest this kid, who probably doesn't know his babyDaddy, and who's mother is probably a crack whore, has already lived with being hit up side the head on a regular basis just for sport. Taking this kid to the "woodshed" a few times probably isn't going to have much of an effect on this "kid."

I think it is also plausible that the fine folks who talked, or threatened, this child into carrying a gun and attempting to commit a felony, may already have used multiple forms of violence on this surrogate son of former president Obama.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I'm thinking NOT ! I would suggest this kid, who probably doesn't know his babyDaddy, and who's mother is probably a crack whore, has already lived with being hit up side the head on a regular basis just for sport. Taking this kid to the "woodshed" a few times probably isn't going to have much of an effect on this "kid."

I think it is also plausible that the fine folks who talked, or threatened, this child into carrying a gun and attempting to commit a felony, may already have used multiple forms of violence on this surrogate son of former president Obama.

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You seem to have missed my point, but maybe not. I'm not advocating just taking him out and beating the crap out of him. I'm advocating discipline... That is, the teaching of the right way, which sadly, sometimes requires force. This is unquestionably one of those times. I don't know who would do the teaching, nor why he would follow such a person's wishes and/or examples, but I want him to learn better, not just be beaten to a bloody pulp.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    You seem to have missed my point, but maybe not. I'm not advocating just taking him out and beating the crap out of him. I'm advocating discipline... That is, the teaching of the right way, which sadly, sometimes requires force. This is unquestionably one of those times. I don't know who would do the teaching, nor why he would follow such a person's wishes and/or examples, but I want him to learn better, not just be beaten to a bloody pulp.[/QUOTE

I'm not suggesting that corporal punishment isn't warranted in some/many cases. I am suggesting that there is a reasonable possiblity any form of corporal punishment applied to this "youngster" may not result in the learning of a life lesson. I am also not stating that attempting to reach this child and trying to bring some social order and moral principles should not be a goal. I just don't feel that taking the lad out to the woodshed is gonna have much impact ( no pun intended ).

Top Bottom