• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just heard him blabbering on about how there were protesters marching up and down the street carrying (assault?*) rifles indicating the need for more gun control. Or at least implying it.

So, governor, exactly how many of these evil rifles were used to kill this past weekend?

Moron. Never let a crisis go to waste...

*I wasnt listening close enough to recall if he included that in his sound bite.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So you wish someone to use one before he says something?

Really carrying a rifle there can't be a good thing.

Better and more common sense thing, not to be there in the first place.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If you know anything about this goof, you will understand. He is a liberal opportunist who has gotten rich in politics. He is also bosom friends with the Clintons.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    If you know anything about this goof, you will understand. He is a liberal opportunist who has gotten rich in politics. He is also bosom friends with the Clintons.

I got it.

Still, does anyone really think carrying a rifle there is a good idea?

Best idea, not to be there in the first place.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Basically if your fighting this particular battle you've picked a loser. In fact if you fight this battle I think it just makes your side look even worse.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Basically if your fighting this particular battle you've picked a loser. In fact if you fight this battle I think it just makes your side look even worse.

OK, now if you are going to try selling this idea to the actual participants, how are you going to dress up your presentation of "You might as well just quietly capitulate because if you stand up you are going to make yourself look bad."? It matters enough to them that your thinking as presented so far is probably not going very far.

In fact, now that I am thinking about it, this is what gets thrown up at most anyone who bucks against the left, regardless of the nature of the objection or protest.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    OK, now if you are going to try selling this idea to the actual participants, how are you going to dress up your presentation of "You might as well just quietly capitulate because if you stand up you are going to make yourself look bad."? It matters enough to them that your thinking as presented so far is probably not going very far.

I'm not trying to sell this to any of the participants. Hell I have a slim chance of selling it here. I'm just saying this particular battle is a loser. In fact when any guns rights activist try's to sell the more provacative cases they just generally make all gun activist look bad. Well maybe that is to non gun activist anyway.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm not trying to sell this to any of the participants. Hell I have a slim chance of selling it here. I'm just saying this particular battle is a loser. In fact when any guns rights activist try's to sell the more provacative cases they just generally make all gun activist look bad. Well maybe that is to non gun activist anyway.

When you take PC as a standard for picking and choosing you get to the point where my hatred for Richard Lugar was sealed. The worthless little GDMFSB responded to my question on his support of Billy Jeff's gun ban with a smirk, the suggestion that I would probably also disapprove of his vote for the Brady law, and a straw man argument suggesting that anyone who would care about the 2A is too stupid and dangerous to have a gun.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    When you take PC as a standard for picking and choosing you get to the point where my hatred for Richard Lugar was sealed. The worthless little GDMFSB responded to my question on his support of Billy Jeff's gun ban with a smirk, the suggestion that I would probably also disapprove of his vote for the Brady law, and a straw man argument suggesting that anyone who would care about the 2A is too stupid and dangerous to have a gun.

Ok, if I understand you I get it. Don't give any ground no matter what. My opinion, this one is a loser.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ok, if I understand you I get it. Don't give any ground no matter what. My opinion, this one is a loser.

I am not going to give any ground since the premise on which the real conflict rests is that freedom of speech and assembly only apply to 'popular' politically correct causes and all others can STFU.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I am not going to give any ground since the premise on which the real conflict rests is that freedom of speech and assembly only apply to 'popular' politically correct causes and all others can STFU.

Well that really kind of gets to the heart of the problem we have here doesn't it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

"Our" side? Meaning You not included?

This cinches it for me. ddd is here strictly to argue, and may not even be a gun owner. Or is our favorite "I'm a gun owner. I own several shotguns and I shoot clays on the weekends. But I don't think carrying a gun is necessary." I honestly thought I did the rare thing for me and put him on ignore. Guess I might have to do it.

Do do I think it was a good idea for them to carry them? No. But that is not my position to say. But I think the lack of their use undermines his cause. If it was really as bad as his ilk say, there would have been hundreds dead or wounded from their use.

And yes, I think you should wait until there is an actual issue/event before speaking out. Otherwise you are getting into pre-crime thought police. You don't take away a freedom until it is warranted.

I think you might kill someone Ddd... so let's put you in prison now. It's better to do it now, before a life is lost, right? At least that is what you imply.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    "Our" side? Meaning You not included?

This cinches it for me. ddd is here strictly to argue, and may not even be a gun owner. Or is our favorite "I'm a gun owner. I own several shotguns and I shoot clays on the weekends. But I don't think carrying a gun is necessary." I honestly thought I did the rare thing for me and put him on ignore. Guess I might have to do it.

Do do I think it was a good idea for them to carry them? No. But that is not my position to say. But I think the lack of their use undermines his cause. If it was really as bad as his ilk say, there would have been hundreds dead or wounded from their use.

And yes, I think you should wait until there is an actual issue/event before speaking out. Otherwise you are getting into pre-crime thought police. You don't take away a freedom until it is warranted.

I think you might kill someone Ddd... so let's put you in prison now. It's better to do it now, before a life is lost, right? At least that is what you imply.

Yep, you caught me. I'm an evil doer because I'm an owner only and not a guns rights activist. I don't carry and don't use it for home defense. I only own and use at the range. Big deal I'm pretty sure I posted this more than once. But if you haven't caught that before, then oops the secrets out.

Okey Dokey?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So you wish someone to use one before he says something?

Really carrying a rifle there can't be a good thing.

Better and more common sense thing, not to be there in the first place.

You are an anti-gun troll. You have the freedom to say and do anything legal in public and say anything you want on INGO (within the rules).

I just wish others would see you for what you are.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You are an anti-gun troll. You have the freedom to say and do anything legal in public and say anything you want on INGO (within the rules).

I just wish others would see you for what you are.

Really??

Now that's funny right there.

And I thought I was so LOVED around here. LOL

Top Bottom