• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Charlottesville Car Attack Captured on Drone Video | TMZ.com

So there's video from a drone and from street level.

Essentially he drives into a blocked street, starts running over people and stops after ramming a car. The protesters then start attacking the car in response. He then backs out, hitting more people.

I've read more than once on INGO that protesters blocking the street are fair game to be run over, that they are a threat, etc.

So has this changed minds? If not, was he justified? Or what's different?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In fairness, the INGO threads start with the presumption that the car is the target of the attack by pedestrians. Not the other way around.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In fairness, the INGO threads start with the presumption that the car is the target of the attack by pedestrians. Not the other way around.

I've already heard my fill of that nonsense on faceplace... that Antifa was attacking the guy, and he sped off running into the people.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I've already heard my fill of that nonsense on faceplace... that Antifa was attacking the guy, and he sped off running into the people.
    That theory, in this instance, appears unsupported by the available evidence.

Now, after he crashed into people and other cars, the crowd seemed to immediately intuit who and what he was.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    #1 Rental?
    #2 Did he get the damage waiver?
    #3 People- running up behind a car that is obviously being used in an attack?

Oh, and wait for it...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I feel bad for the person in the maroon van. (ETA: and the gray car in the middle.)

Minding their own business, trying to make it through the crowd.... BAM.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

It seems that at least a few posters seemed to think the act of blocking the street was a threat/attack in and of itself. I'm not digging through the theads and am not looking to "out" anyone.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Devil's Advocate here........

You know.....

If they weren't in the street, where cars go, they would have much less chance of getting run over.

This goes for anybody and everybody.

Reflect on that.

And now, for a little poem:

Whose streets?

Our streets!

"No", said the car.

My streets.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    How is this even a discussion topic? It's okay to run over people and use a car as a weapon in self-defense if you fear for your life. It's not okay to use a car to run over people who are not attacking you/your car with you in it. I learned all that on INGO! You've saved me so much jail time!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Well, as someone who has publicly and at times gleefully advocated the "snow plow" solution to politically-motivated traffic impedance of various types, I am obligated to say the following:

Whereas, the people in Charlottesville appeared to be simply milling around as part of a large crowd or the dispersion of a large crowd on a narrow, city street -- not blocking a multi-lane, interstate highway to implement pre-meditated traffic ****ery on those persons simply passing through and

Whereas, there were multiple cars already stopped on the narrow street in front of the guy, with traffic impediments clearly visible from a good distance away where he entered the street and had reasonable time to reverse course and to take another route and

Whereas, his vehicle didn't appear to be getting pounded by communists, Nazis or anyone else before he mashed the gas pedal, making violent contact with vehicles and pedestrians

I proclaim the guy is a douche bag and is likely gonna get what's coming to him.

p.s. As someone who has been in a car with no alternative than to "snow plow" to defend one's physical safety/property and egress a scene I didn't initiate, I would never rule it out as an option, but based on the information I have, this didn't seem to be the best scenario to make that choice.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did he say "deserved" or "much less chance"? How many people on the sidewalk got hit?

Who is "he?" And the people on the sidewalk just didn't have enough time to jump in front of the car, so if the vehicle had hit them, they would've obviously deserved it too.

Top Bottom