Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 43 of 79 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I see some of you driving out there and I think you may be under the
    influence of a bit too much coffee.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Most corporations have some kind of policy where if you're involved in an incident/accident, with certain levels of damage or any injury, require a comprehensive test of both BAC and urine or blood (that varies by company). I'm most familiar with hazmat, but I believe similar things are required if involved in incident/accident in a vehicle you're required to have a CDL to drive

Any company I've ever been with also ran drug free/substance free workplace with comprehensive random test (my last employer I believe required a '9 panel DOT test') that you could not refuse and keep your job. It will probably not surprise you that as a non-user I was all for it. My clearance required a polygraph and I was questioned about drug use
    I think more and more, companies are getting away from random testing because it's just not cost effective. The other things you mentioned, (testing after an incident for example) would be no different if MJ were legal - that's what I'm saying - treat it just like alcohol use.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indyartisan View Post
    I see some of you driving out there and I think you may be under the
    influence of a bit too much coffee.
    Coming into downtown from the west on 36? Might be me
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Lets quit the arguing and get it on the ballot. Get this red state smokin' and the feds will follow.
    But you know itís not going anywhere. Look how long it took to be able to buy beer on Sunday in Indiana? Of course that was a turf war more than a puritan law. But it worked so long because it had wide support of Hoosiers. Until it didnít. MJ legalization will likely happen eventually. As less religious younger generations, with different priorities, become voters, itís an inevitability. That is unless the new Church-o-Social-Justice puritan doctrine has the same hangup.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Why is it so important for everyone to be able to get high? The high is (or can be) associated with so much more bad than good? It alters judgment and decision making, which can badly impact life. Alcohol is no better. Both are bad for the body, changes one's ability to make clear judgement calls, can badly affect others, and both are bad for your own body. They both cause increased burden on society by means of healthcare, property loss, lost income, and general support.

Nothing good will come of it. Nothing.
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

But the Emporer has no clothes!
    sauce will thicken upon standing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggidy View Post
    Why is it so important for everyone to be able to get high? The high is (or can be) associated with so much more bad than good? It alters judgment and decision making, which can badly impact life. Alcohol is no better. Both are bad for the body, changes one's ability to make clear judgement calls, can badly affect others, and both are bad for your own body. They both cause increased burden on society by means of healthcare, property loss, lost income, and general support.

This is the decision I've made for myself. I'm not inclined to make that decision for others.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    But you know itís not going anywhere. Look how long it took to be able to buy beer on Sunday in Indiana? Of course that was a turf war more than a puritan law. But it worked so long because it had wide support of Hoosiers. Until it didnít. MJ legalization will likely happen eventually. As less religious younger generations, with different priorities, become voters, itís an inevitability. That is unless the new Church-o-Social-Justice puritan doctrine has the same hangup.
    If you thought fighting the retailers was hard, wait until you try to fight the distributors...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggidy View Post

I cant think of any good soda brings, extra burden on healthcare etc.

Try to imagine your music library if drugs weren't a thing.

Also imagine using this argument on firearms.

User Info Menu

There is no constitutional underpinning of the right to keep and use intoxicants, including alcohol, in the bill of rights. Although we have a long and checkered relationship with alcohol (as the Whiskey Rebellion highlights) I think any such attempt to promote/proselytize for MJ or other drugs would have been seen as moral degeneracy by the founders (and I'm not sure drunken coach or buckboard driving was much of a thing)

Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

Page 43 of 79 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast