• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wasn't Lincoln the guy who headed the Union? Hmmm... that's what I had been taught. Well damn, you might be right. Maybe they don't teach history like they used too.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Where are you getting that this had anything to do with "Confederate"? I mean, something got burned in the southside area of Chicago, color me shocked.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Where are you getting that this had anything to do with "Confederate"? I mean, something got burned in the southside area of Chicago, color me shocked.

Sorry, can't do purple or air-fingers quotes in a post title. May want to check your sarcasm detector, it seems to be on the fritz.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There was that huge POW camp from the War of the Rebellion on the south side...so at one time, the area was chucked full of confederates.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sorry, can't do purple or air-fingers quotes in a post title. May want to check your sarcasm detector, it seems to be on the fritz.

Ohhhhh, so you're assuming that somebody who saw the bust, and did not know that Lincoln (the guy on the $5 bill) freed the slaves, decided to burn it because they thought it was a "Confederate" statue. Gotcha. Hmmmm.... I wonder if someone might also want to burn the statue because Lincoln did free the slaves, and they have been upset at the removal and vandalism of actual Confederate statues. I guess it depends on which narrative you want to believe. Personally, I have no idea.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There was that huge POW camp from the War of the Rebellion on the south side...so at one time, the area was chucked full of confederates.

I saw a documentary on that camp, it was really interesting. I found it amazing at how quick conditions deteriorated in that place.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    mrs_stout_49941354425179.jpg

Chicago PD are on the case. Currently searching for a cow owned by Mrs. O'Leary.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How has this generation of wimps (not the word i wanted to use) spread?
    These b.s. crys about racism or whatever in order to mask their true agenda which is chaos and disorder. Anarchy. It's time to take the gloves off. These terrorists will only retreat once they are wiped out

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How has this generation of wimps (not the word i wanted to use) spread?
    These b.s. crys about racism or whatever in order to mask their true agenda which is chaos and disorder. Anarchy. It's time to take the gloves off. These terrorists will only retreat once they are wiped out

I'm not sure I'd call antifa wimps (with a "P", lol). They voluntarily decided to go up against the Klan and the Nazis. I'm not even stupid enough to do that. lol

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I saw a documentary on that camp, it was really interesting. I found it amazing at how quick conditions deteriorated in that place.

Its been awhile but I saw one as well. It only tended to be worse in the South overall because they simply didn't have enough to take care of their own populace let alone their prisoners of war.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seemed to me that the actual quotes in the title sufficiently conveyed that artifice.

But then... well... I'm pretty familiar with your writing. :D

Top Bottom