• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    IMPD and Indiana state police are out on 465 east side of town cashing in on the joke that is the speed limit on I465 again.

Now before I go forward I have not been cited for anything in years. My complaint is with the manner that this is being accomplished. As one of the many people caught in the artificial traffic jam they created today I had several near miss accidents that were caused not by people exceeding the speed limit but by a heavy police presence causing nearly instantaneous stops on the highway.

Anyway, who shouldthe complaints be directed at? Other than the internet of course

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Doesn't really matter where the complaints go so long as the $$ from those stops keeps flowing.

It's almost never the folks going fast on 465 that I see as dangerous and should be pulled over...it's those who dive in and out of lanes with little to no regard to safe distances, those who have no freaking idea what's going on around them because their phone is SOOO much more important, and those who tailgate so badly they have little chance of not hitting the car in front if there really is need for a sudden stop. Sad how THOSE folks are seemingly never the ones targeted by waves of cops--actually making the road safer to travel. It's the almighty radar gun that brings in the $$$.

Easier to target and prove in court, I guess.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    prKeQJB.jpg

ffu8Fz6.jpg

eyv0G7d.jpg

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Most accidents in stopped traffic are caused by inattentive drivers and following too closely. Pay attention and look ahead a 1/4 mile is what defensive driving teaches.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I passed them today, too much traffic to run radar and traffic was too slow...during rush hour. The way they were setting up, sitting one right behind the other waiting. It was some sort of grant activity, maybe seatbelts.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What speed were they pulling people over at?

I've passed by them multiple times driving the Camaro and the Ram (so no way they knew I was a cop) at mid 60s and never gotten their attention. I've had people passing me not get their attention. I'm going to guess it take at least low to mid 70s based on what I've seen them pull out on.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I've passed by them multiple times driving the Camaro and the Ram (so no way they knew I was a cop) at mid 60s and never gotten their attention. I've had people passing me not get their attention. I'm going to guess it take at least low to mid 70s based on what I've seen them pull out on.

I typically run mid to upper 60's. Never (knock on wood) been pulled over either.

Defensive driving classes did me good :):

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If IMPD was out there with ISP it had to have been some sort of federal grant. As far as the revenue is concerned, last I knew the department gets $5 of every ticket and I've never, in my 19 years as a LEO here in Indianapolis, had anyone suggest that I should write tickets. I don't think I've written 10 in my career.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Last Saturday there was an unmarked white charger doing around 70 in the slow lane on the NW corner. Only giveaway was an extra antenna on top that seemed non factory. People were flying by him. Over the next hill on the left side there was ISP outta the car with the radar gun. I'm pretty sure the unmarked was bait. As soon as we passed the marked unit, the unmarked lit somebody up. Seemed to me marked guy shot the speeders, radioed bait car, who did the traffic stop.

This is an assumption. Am I anywhere close to correct in their tactics?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Last Saturday there was an unmarked charger doing around 70 in the slow lane on the NW corner. People were flying by him. Over the next hill on the left side there was ISP outta the car with the radar gun. I'm pretty sure the unmarked was bait. As soon as we passed the marked unit, the unmarked lit somebody up. Seemed to me marked guy shot the speeders, radioed bait car, who did the traffic stop.

This is an assumption. Am I anywhere close to correct in their tactics?

If you are referring to the hill just south of the 865 exit and the curve to go southbound that is a prime spot. Perfect to sit and catch some of those maniacs as they top the hill.
    I am no wallflower when I run the interstates but 85 on 465 seems to be a bit of a push

Top Bottom