CNN show host Anthony Bourdain didn't top Kathy Griffin but he tried!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So I'm just trying to understand. A basic cable personality (why the long face, Anthony?) says something hateful and this proves what now?

One person saying one thing doesn't always prove anything. A larger group of people saying the same thing generally is something worth at least considering or looking into.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One person saying one thing doesn't always prove anything. A larger group of people saying the same thing generally is something worth at least considering or looking into.

So with this in mind, let's get into our time machine and go back to 2008....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The irony is getting pretty thick in here.

Well, let's hold on. I think what he's saying is that when a large group of people hold the same ideas, we should give ear to their position because large groups in agreement contain a kind of wisdom of the crowd.

nuremberg_party_rallies_gallery_main_2.jpg

146.jpg

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's not even close to Kathy Griffin. They asked him what he'd serve Trump and Kim Jung un if he had to cater a peace summit between the two. He said hemlock, that's hilarious.
    He didn't backpedal he made another joke, but I think the ideological blinders here block humor as well sometimes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's not even close to Kathy Griffin. They asked him what he'd serve Trump and Kim Jung un if he had to cater a peace summit between the two. He said hemlock, that's hilarious.
    He didn't backpedal he made another joke, but I think the ideological blinders here block humor as well sometimes.

I think it's humorous....but as big fan and connoisseur of fine humor, calling that "hilarious" offends me. It was easy, predictable...mean and false equivalence sure....but that doesn't bother me nearly as much as how uncreative it was.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

It seemed to me that pretty much everyone in the thread was being humorous.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Article here:

CNN host Anthony Bourdain says he would poison Trump if he had to cook for him | Fox News

Notice he backpedals later and says he meant to say "kale" and not "hemlock." He's a bad liar. **** him.

I saw the TMZ video where they ambushed him as he was leaving the LAX arrival terminal and was walking to his car. My thoughts at the time:

1. Slow air travel day for TMZ that there wasn't anyone to ambush at LAX with celebrity status more noteworthy? (They're notorious for this.)
    2. Not much to see there regarding his sarcastic extemporaneous remark. Moving along to things of much greater import.
    3. Why am I even watching anything on TMZ?

Conclusion: much ado about nothing. There are much more important things to be indignant about than a typical Bourdain sarcasm, and another sarcasm regarding kale when pressed about it later.

John

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I think it's humorous....but as big fan and connoisseur of fine humor, calling that "hilarious" offends me. It was easy, predictable...mean and false equivalence sure....but that doesn't bother me nearly as much as how uncreative it was.

Christopher Hitchens handled this type of "hilarity" very well....(RIP Hitch...)

[video=youtube;HECI4QK_mXA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HECI4QK_mXA[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They asked him what he'd serve Trump and Kim Jung un if he had to cater a peace summit between the two. He said hemlock, that's hilarious.

Yes of course...Because murdering two world leaders trying to make peace and avoid nuclear conflict would so help the situation out right??? Nothing could go wrong there....

This is sophisticated humor right here...If you have Netflix and can handle a mix of Game of Thrones and Monty Python give this show a shot....:)

[video=youtube;6hk_rdfSCS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hk_rdfSCS0[/video]

[video=youtube;DR1Kb7b_IKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR1Kb7b_IKk[/video]

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Well, let's hold on. I think what he's saying is that when a large group of people hold the same ideas, we should give ear to their position because large groups in agreement contain a kind of wisdom of the crowd.

nuremberg_party_rallies_gallery_main_2.jpg

146.jpg

Wow, two groups Trump either admires or often defends.

Top Bottom