• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hi all,

It is an ongoing problem that political funny pics engender discussion of some of the pictures. The discussion itself is not the problem, of course, but rather where those discussions happen. LMW recently posted:

Guys,
    "This thread is for funny pictures. The occasional comment is OK, but, if there is a topic you care to discuss in more depth, please start a new thread dedicated to that topic. Thank you.

LMW

and another member replied, correctly, that it's not really worthy of a discussion to ask about another member's blank posts. That's not to say LMW was wrong; he was not, but rather to say that there simply is not a place for those discussions to happen.

Until now.

So here's what I propose as the purpose of this thread

Quote from the political FPT the post on which you want to comment, so we know what you're wanting to discuss. Please don't just reference by post number, sometimes those change, such as when a previous post is removed for language or another violation of site rules. Once you've quoted, discuss away. Be aware that discussions in the political FPT may be moved to this thread as well.

This is not to call anyone down or correct violations, it's only to make a place to have the discussions we all know happen from time to time.

To preserve this as the OP in this thread, discussions prior to this post will not be copied in.

Thanks for your help and cooperation!

Blessings,
    Bill

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    and another member replied, correctly, that it's not really worthy of a discussion to ask about another member's blank posts. That's not to say LMW was wrong; he was not, but rather to say that there simply is not a place for those discussions to happen.

I apologize Bill...When I shot those posts I had no idea they were blanks until INGO guys told me....I could see them from my end...And they were darn funny political funny pictures...:)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I apologize Bill...When I shot those posts I had no idea they were blanks until INGO guys told me....I could see them from my end...And they were darn funny political funny pictures...:)

No apology needed. This isn't about any one post or any one member who makes a post. This is just to provide for something we've needed for a while that no one, including me, thought to create until now. If it gets used, great. If not, meh, I tried.

Blessings,
    Bill

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    14561977_1604648936508927_4240033959909523456_n.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wait. Is it approu to post a picture in the picture discussion thread if it's not appropriate to discuss in the pocture posting thread?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Going to pretend this isn't in GenPol for a sec to pose a question to Kut...

Why the low-effort memes, lately? Don't get me wrong, the thread is full of low-effort sorts of stuff... peppered with some actually funny things here and there...

But the sort you're posting are particularly of a certain quality (blatant false things like "calling Mexicans rapists", or making fun of the looks of Trump staffers)... Are these genuinely what you're looking to post, or are you posting them simply as a counter to other absurd ones?

Asking because it seems out-of-character for you, and I honestly don't know. Notably the looks one... since I know you brought up when INGO members made fun of Michelle's looks.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm just spit-ballin' here, but I think he's trying to prove how everyone on the left doesn't think every person who voted for Trump is an idiot?....and failing horribly.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Seems like a quantity over quality and figuring if he throws out enough stuff, some of it might be funny. There's several users that use that technique to various effect.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Going to pretend this isn't in GenPol for a sec to pose a question to Kut...

Why the low-effort memes, lately? Don't get me wrong, the thread is full of low-effort sorts of stuff... peppered with some actually funny things here and there...

But the sort you're posting are particularly of a certain quality (blatant false things like "calling Mexicans rapists", or making fun of the looks of Trump staffers)... Are these genuinely what you're looking to post, or are you posting them simply as a counter to other absurd ones?

Asking because it seems out-of-character for you, and I honestly don't know. Notably the looks one... since I know you brought up when INGO members made fun of Michelle's looks.

Just making a point GPIA. It's an outlet. It's also indicative that safe spaces and snowflakes are equally abundant on the right, as they are on the left. I find it interesting that so many people once their ideas are ridiculed, resort to inferring that they wished someone was dead, or racially inflammatory comments. I find it even more interesting that people of "good character," allow it to happen. But let's not paint me as the victim, I am not. I just post my opinion, things I believe, and things I find funny.... without insulting people. I can't help that they get triggered.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just making a point GPIA. It's an outlet. It's also indicative that safe spaces and snowflakes are equally abundant on the right, as they are on the left. I find it interesting that so many people once their ideas are ridiculed, resort to inferring that they wished someone was dead, or racially inflammatory comments. I find it even more interesting that people of "good character," allow it to happen. But let's not paint me as the victim, I am not. I just post my opinion, things I believe, and things I find funny.... without insulting people. I can't help that they get triggered.

See, I don't really think it's to that extent... the whole "snowflake, safe space, triggered" stuff.

... OK, a little bit, yeah it does happen in there...

I'd hope you don't think that's why I'm asking. I see it as more of a... This isn't usually the sort of thing Kut posts... type of situation. Like I said, out of character for you... even contradictory to your previous stances.

That's the only reason I'm asking. So if a point is being made... maybe it's best if more of us are in on it instead of being in the dark... because a casual reader might see the sorts of posts you're making (quantity > quality, even you would agree) and make that reflect poorly on you.

The rest of us that have been around a while just see it and wonder why? It seemed weird.

The low-effort stuff on "the right" doesn't necessarily need to be countered :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    See, I don't really think it's to that extent... the whole "snowflake, safe space, triggered" stuff.

... OK, a little bit, yeah it does happen in there...

I'd hope you don't think that's why I'm asking. I see it as more of a... This isn't usually the sort of thing Kut posts... type of situation. Like I said, out of character for you... even contradictory to your previous stances.

That's the only reason I'm asking. So if a point is being made... maybe it's best if more of us are in on it instead of being in the dark... because a casual reader might see the sorts of posts you're making (quantity > quality, even you would agree) and make that reflect poorly on you.

The rest of us that have been around a while just see it and wonder why? It seemed weird.

The low-effort stuff on "the right" doesn't necessarily need to be countered :)

Well, to be fair, I view your postings in the Insane Social Justice thread very similarly. In fact, I call it the "White Person Victimhood and Oppression Thread." It consists on numerous instances, of some random idiot posting something stupid about white people. Well hell, you can find people willing to do that every minute of everyday. But I digress. The thread we are talking about, is the political funny pictures thread. I'm as obligated as the next person to provide valid pictures and defend them when questioned. I find them humorous, so I post them. I still, in other threads, present my case as I have always have.

Top Bottom