• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    City of Indianapolis to file lawsuit against distributors, manufacturers amid opioid crisis | FOX59
    ...INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The city of Indianapolis has hired a law firm to pursue legal action against opioid distributors and manufacturers as Marion County deals with an ongoing drug crisis.

The city hired Cohen and Malad, LLP to handle the case. Mayor Joe Hogsett said the companies must be held accountable for their role in the dramatic rise of opioid addiction.

“The companies contributing to this crisis have failed in their duty to be responsible gatekeepers,” Hogsett said.

He suggested that the companies valued “profits over people” and allowed opioids to proliferate. Hogsett said many of those struggling with addiction sought pain relief and were prescribed addiction instead, with many of them eventually turning to heroin. That has led to increased crime and fatal overdoses...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have my fingers crossed that my firm gets a call in the next day or two....

I'll put it this way:

[video=youtube;AJXKVOxqkWM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJXKVOxqkWM[/video]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Indy's tax dollars sending HoughMade's kids to college. Another reminder of how happy I am to no longer live there.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I suppose Joe knows what he is doing. Money is no object (especially if you're not spending your own) to prove you are a true SJW. His supporters are known for saying "If it saves just one life it is worth it."
    Should be a good resume filler for his run for governor.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, gee, The news just reported there are 72 opioid prescriptions for every 100 people in Indianapolis.
    It seems to me the doctors writing prescriptions for drug users are the problem. Maybe the drug companies should sue the city for defamation. Indianapolis is making them look bad because IMPD doesn't enforce drug laws.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, gee, The news just reported there are 72 opioid prescriptions for every 100 people in Indianapolis.
    It seems to me the doctors writing prescriptions for drug users are the problem. Maybe the drug companies should sue the city for defamation. Indianapolis is making them look bad because IMPD doesn't enforce drug laws.

that's fake math. Most people who gets scripts get them monthly. They look at annual scripts. Maybe divide 72 by six and you'll be closer to the actual number who take opioids

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Indy's tax dollars sending HoughMade's kids to college. Another reminder of how happy I am to no longer live there.
    No, no, no......some insurance company is going to be paying to defend this suit. Private money.

My hypocrisy only goes so far...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    that's fake math. Most people who gets scripts get them monthly. They look at annual scripts. Maybe divide 72 by six and you'll be closer to the actual number who take opioids

What!!?! I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you to learn that the news media would slant a story.

Top Bottom