• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Berkeley students of color are being oppressed for being required to take an in-class exam. They rise up in a demonstration demanding a take-home exam as they are oppressed by the turmoil in their homelands. In addition, the status of the undocumented and DACA among them is uncertain (pending DACA resolution) leaving them emotionally highly stressed. This hit the Daily Wire. Read the text. The video, if you have the time, is particularly revealing, especially during the latter 2/3rds.

Berkeley Students Protest Exam, Demand ?Take Home Essay? Because White Privilege And Stuff | Daily Wire

Sounds to me these snowflake students were ill-prepared from all the safe space distractions in their lives. Not only as an undergrad, but as a graduate student, an in-class exam had a specified time and place announced well in advance (by the university's mid-term and final schedule) at which time it started and ended. You were either there or you were not. Period. Were they that heartless? No, but the circumstances had better be quite extreme such as serious injury or illness. I'm stupified at the patience of this professor, who proceeded with the exam once he got them to leave. In spite of his political persuasion he wasn't going to relent. He was giving an exam. Period. I could sense he's fed up with all the campus disruptions from every direction.

John

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I'd give them a take home exam.

The final question on it would be. "What color shirt am I wearing?" and it would be worth 50% of their final grade.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    There really is no common sense or logical thinking anymore.

Imagine this: in 20 years these college "educated" snow flakes will be running the country...:facepalm:

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Disrupting an exam SHOULD be an automatic zero on that exam. Then the snowflakes can take it up to a review board for why they failed the exam and the class.

Good luck with that.

PaulWest

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2017
    West
    These people are not really worrisome. These weirdo, hipster, reject types - kids, on top of that - arent capable, formidable adversaries. Theyre not a real threat to Western civilization. Probably most of them will simply grow out of it - hardly anyone stands for any cause for an entire lifety time, let alone some flighty college kids who dont know anything about the real world (for lack of a better phrase). Others will change their mind about all this activist stuff as soon as they are stood up to - which people are starting to do - and get knocked out on the street or run over by a truck for standing in traffic...
    And the rest of them will be easy prey for anyone who wants a snack after graduation.

Itll be an annoying generation or two of whining, but whatever. One more reason to turn the internet off and go outside to play.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This mind set was generated on our college campuses and now it has turned back on them. Reap what you sow.

Yep. But they're letting it happen too. They wink at this nonsense.

The student responded: "I'm trying to take my test." Another protester snapped back: "We're trying to live our lives ... white boy with privilege."

The white boy with privilege presumably would not be able to disrupt class and demand take home tests. Who has the real privilege? And it's not even about race. I think if the white boy were defending the "oppressed" position, he probably would be privileged to disrupt the class.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Hence why I'm not a teacher in spite of my proclivity for explaining things and many people telling me I should be one. I'd be the teacher everyone's afraid to get because I actually fail them. except the couple each year that are actually firing on all cylinders who love my class. Then I'd probably get sacked for saying something mean.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hence why I'm not a teacher in spite of my proclivity for explaining things and many people telling me I should be one. I'd be the teacher everyone's afraid to get because I actually fail them. except the couple each year that are actually firing on all cylinders who love my class. Then I'd probably get sacked for saying something mean.

Or, you could be the teacher in demand from those students who actually want to excel. Someone has to be valedictorian. Oh. Wait. They're not doing that anymore. Never mind.

Top Bottom