• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "Seek" is not the same as "return to," which is what he said.

There's not much "seeking" necessary. Examples abound of what is "sought."

I remain cautiously optimistic.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Saudi's Wahhabi is a source of many of the issues. While I don't expect a full turnabout to Sufi, a return to what Mohammed actually said, did, and taught would leave Wahhabi in the cold.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The Saudi exportation of Wahhabi-ism is why Turkey is the way it is today...good news but way late. They have already S*** in their kit.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Silt in their kilt?

Shot themselves in the foot
    **** in their own nest
    Slit their own throat (< as opposed to others)

The Saudis will have hell to pay if the people in that portion of the world, who are bearing the brunt of their twisted ideology, ever figure out where the blame for their plight truly lies.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Shot themselves in the foot
    **** in their own nest
    Slit their own throat (< as opposed to others)

The Saudis will have hell to pay if the people in that portion of the world, who are bearing the brunt of their twisted ideology, ever figure out where the blame for their plight truly lies.

When I was in Turkey during D Shield and D Storm you would drive through these dilapidated towns and there would be this new expensive Mosque funded by the Saudi's. The only thing they did with their money was export the radicalism, nothing worth while for the people. Why mine the ability and value of the people when you can drill a well and buy them after all? The chaos has served them, now it may be their master.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm very skeptical.
    This is just a part of their long term public relations strategy to build an economy that's not dependent on oil by 2030.
    If they really worked to stamp out extremism, they'd make themselves targets.
    I'll believe it when I see it.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Given that the 'House of Saud' is joined at the hip with the wahhabi clerics, I think we're hearing PR. As for "moderate, open, Islam" (Sufis maybe?), it's not clear what that definition means. According to Turkey's Erdogan: "There is no 'militant Islam', there's just Islam".

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The kingdom is ending it's dependence on old oil and replacing it with the new oil, data.
    To accomplish those goals the business atmosphere must be altered to suit the perceptions and the preferences of the business that they wish to attract. There are dramatic moves and some magnificent changes planned in the political, social and financial landscapes. Neom is intended to be the AI run autonomous city state hub 33 times the size of NYC that connects the middle East and Africa to the new Silk Road. I think that it will also be a part of Isaiah 19:23 but hey nobody else on the interseine has brought that up yet so let it be.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Looks like our president has participated in saving the prince's bacon.

Top Bottom