• GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    WTF!!!!!

Newsweek online
    just posted an article, questioning whether Jared Kuschner and Ivanka Trump "broke the law" by using a privately owned helicopter (owner, President Donald Trump).... to take a 2-day vacation.

In question is, was it ethical/legal to do so, because they are protected by the Secret Service 24/7, as members of the First Family. The way I see it, the Secret Service is obliged to protect them.... anywhere and at all times... no matter what they are doing, privately or as part of the administration.

Read this article (linked) and try not to punch doors and walls afterward. Would someone here, PLEASE tell me, how in the hell any of the content of this article makes any sense whatsoever??? The 'left' has gone completely "mad/insane" IMHO.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jared-kushner-ivanka-trump-helicopters-173929539.html

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I am an old man, and normally very easy going, and pretty easy to get along with. But this kind of crap is starting to get OLD, real fast!

Believe it or not, I am on the verge of literally forming a group of 'normal' citizens.... to actively protest this insanity.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am an old man, and normally very easy going, and pretty easy to get along with. But this kind of crap is starting to get OLD, real fast!

Believe it or not, I am on the verge of literally forming a group of 'normal' citizens.... to actively protest this insanity.

My friend they are whipping the sheeple up into a frenzy at every opportunity. If Trump donates a million of his own money to a disaster they will twist it up until they find fault with it. It does not matter what when where or how it will be wrong to these people. It is their objective in this life to make him look as bad as possible.
    Obama was their guy. I believe they helped put him in the big boy chair and covered his skinny little butt at every turn. They won that 8 years. They were on track for a repeat at the title with Billery and got their butts handed to them. A bunch of angry petulant children.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I think there has always been an issue with the co mingling of funds with government funds. Their argument seems to be this: When Citizen Trump visited a Trump property the property simply absorbed the cost, or wrote it off as an expense. But when President Trump visits a Trump property the government PAYS Trump property for its use, since he is now the President. Now, they would also pay if he stayed at any hotel, except that then his company (and indirectly him) wouldn't be profiting from that say. So not only is he being paid a fixed salary for being president, he is also making money off of the USG every time he uses a Trump Organization asset, as its use is reimbursed by the USG.

It is a legitimate complaint. It isn't up there with the embezzling of funds, but to say that there isn't at the very least an ethical issue is disingenuous. It is like when Cheney gave no bid contracts in the Iraq war to political cronies. They all do it, but good Lord does Trump make it easy.

Does that make sense?

Regards,

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    NO! Not. To Me. At. All.

BTW,
    Do you know the amount of the "salary" Donald Trump is 'accepting'?

Compared to what he's earning passing the bill for use of his property to the taxpayer? It's like you do a job, for me, at $100, and I charge you $500 for use of my tools.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No win sitch. If they took a USG aircraft MSMBS would just run the other story, the one about how much the a/c was costing the [STRIKE]gov't[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]people[/STRIKE] proletariat

You know, just like they always did for the former officeholder's family vacations

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ah, I remember a time when people where losing their **** over the costs associated with a grandmother living in the White House.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It doesn't matter what he has waived when he gets to turn around and bilk millions more out of the government in another area.

So he waives a $570k salary (with expenses) but adds an $2.4 million expense elsewhere. Link: https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-militarys-space-in-trump-tower-costs-130-000-a-month-1500428508

Note that this $2.4 million is estimated to be $840k over the HIGHEST rental in his building. The max a room normally goes for is $60k a month, but Trump is charging the DoD an extra $70k per month. Why?

Link: The Government is Paying $2.4 Million to Rent Space in New York City's Trump Tower (I know you don't like the source, but I believe the numbers are good.)

This is an ethical issue, maybe a legal one depending upon what the lawyer experts would say. This law side I have NO CLUE on.

Most elected officials cannot directly suck out government money as President Trump can. Here is an olde article regarding how VP Cheney made money off of the Iraq war and Haliburton: A Closer Look at Cheney and Halliburton - The New York Times

VP Cheney had to use an indirect method of profiteering. I also consider this very unethical, and possibly(?) criminal. The Clintons used their foundation. I consider that very unethical and probably criminal. NONE OF THEM should be profiteering off of the government while they are in office, and for a time even once they leave.

I in no way consider this the worst offense, but I do consider it an offense.

Regards,

Doug

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Chelsea Clinton had a physician assistant fly to California just to check out her sore throat at Stanford. Let's stop the insanity.

and Newsweek has been dead to me for years

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I remember reading somewhere that after Bill Clinton left office, he and hillary built a new house with a guest cottage. The rent that they are charging the Secret Service to live in the cottage just happens to equal their WHOLE mortgage. Since Secret Service protectection lasts for the life of the former president, you and I are paying for the Clinton's new house.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Chelsea Clinton had a physician assistant fly to California just to check out her sore throat at Stanford. Let's stop the insanity.

and Newsweek has been dead to me for years

So? Did the PA fly on Air Force One or something? Do you have a cite for that?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I remember reading somewhere that after Bill Clinton left office, he and hillary built a new house with a guest cottage. The rent that they are charging the Secret Service to live in the cottage just happens to equal their WHOLE mortgage. Since Secret Service protectection lasts for the life of the former president, you and I are paying for the Clinton's new house.

I believe you read it, but that's pants on fire false.

Top Bottom